• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gonna try a live Trip Report!!!! We leave in an hour!!!!

Marcy Mouse

DIS Veteran
image.jpg Okay I'm going to try to do a live trip report! I figure it'll be a lot easier to do this if I do it as I go and now that Disney has free Internet in the parks it should make it a lot easier.

Who's going?
Chris and I (Marcy) Will be driving from Ontario Canada. In fact, will be leaving in about an hour I'm just waiting for him to get home from work have a quick shower and then will hit the road. I have everything packed and ready to go sitting at the door needing to be loaded into the truck.

Also my mother and my sister Lisa had her son Kellen will be joining us they will be flying in Saturday night from Prince Edward Island Canada.

Saturday night we're staying at Buenavista suites and then Sunday through the following Saturday we have a one bedroom villa at ol key west. (First stay)

Just a note originally my son Bradly, who's 21, was supposed to come but he couldn't get off work so I'm little nervous leaving my 21-year-old home for two weeks but fingers crossed.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Okay vacation has officially begun. We left home at 2:22 it was 5° we've been on the highway for about half an hour now in hellish traffic of course estimated time to the border is about 4 PM

Will Bradly be writing a live Stay At Home Report? If you're nervous about leaving him home, I'm thinking that story could be exciting :)

Have a GREAT
How long will the trip take? Hope traffic clears up!
It usually takes about 18 to 20 hours driving straight through but we may stop and sleep for a few hours just depending on how we feel

Got gas 80 filled it and just stopped to switch drivers just inside the Pennsylvania state line image.jpg

Following along. I hope the drive goes well, that is a hike (I am in Toronto so I understand the drive you are undertaking). And just think of the weather you will be experiencing in a day or two!! I mean flurries in April!!?? What the heck.
Anyways I will be following along. Enjoy!!

image.jpg We made it to West Virginia. Now I'm back in the passenger seat so I'm doing the update. So far so good but what the heck is with 55 miles an hour for ever (it seemed) through Pennsylvania.

Following along. I hope the drive goes well, that is a hike (I am in Toronto so I understand the drive you are undertaking). And just think of the weather you will be experiencing in a day or two!! I mean flurries in April!!?? What the heck.
Anyways I will be following along. Enjoy!!
Yes glad to be getting to the nice weather tomorrow

image.jpg We found a Tim Hortons in West Virginia which was awesome
image.jpg We made it to rock Hill South Carolina before we pulled over and got about four hours sleep. So that's where we are now just got coffee at Dunkin' Donuts and we're gonna grab something for breakfast and hit the road again!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 25
image.jpg Yuk rain

Btw sorry if the pics are blurry or not in order - first time posting with the new dis set up.

Google says we are about 61/2 hours from orlando!!!!

following along. we are staying at okw for the first time in oct. can't wait to hear about it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter