GLOW II: The Bounceback... Multiple Meets!!!.. First 1/2 of Sept 2008

No more snow today, just cold. Hoping it warms up before I head over to the CC. Still have to finish shoveling a path to the garage though, it is a long path too.

H&J, glad to see you! We are headed back the first week of December. Hoping some others decide to join us at some point. My husband loves the decorations. If I can talk my bil into coming too he could take Tom for a bit to give me a rest here and there. We shall see.

Timmie, how is your mom handling that record snow you got? You should have got her there in good weather so you could have tricked her into thinking it would be a good place to move. Maybe she is enjoying the snow? I am thinking she is not used to such? I am ignorant when it comes to geography so please forgive?

I have some electronics to hook up today so if you should hear some bad words, cover your ears. :rotfl2:

SG

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I posted on this thread. Hopefully everyone is doing well and happy that winter is almost over. Well at least the worst is over, I think. I can't wait for the warm weather. Heck I am excited that we are going to be above freezing for the second time in a month tomorrow. YEAH!!!!!

Ang

Hi Ang!

I had been wondering how you were doing up there. It is very unusual down here. Have you been having school?

It is supposed to warm up here tomorrow and a lot more the next day.

Not being able to go anywhere has made a big difference in the house as it is much cleaner than it might have been otherwise. :lmao:

Do you have a lot to shovel? Does Will do it? I hope so.

SG

Hi Ang!

I had been wondering how you were doing up there. It is very unusual down here. Have you been having school?

It is supposed to warm up here tomorrow and a lot more the next day.

Not being able to go anywhere has made a big difference in the house as it is much cleaner than it might have been otherwise. :lmao:

Do you have a lot to shovel? Does Will do it? I hope so.

SG

SG Linda,

We had the snowiest December on record and propably the coldest January on record. :confused3 I heard you got lots of snow where you are. I bet it is pretty for you though. Right now ours is just dirty ice snow. :rotfl:

Last night was -20 with the windchill but we are expecting temps in the mid 40's or so for the weekend. :cool1: That's almost swimming weather compared to today. :beach:

We haven't had much to shovel in a couple weeks or so. Will helps me shovel but he is way to slow for me and leaves trails behind so I am always making him go back and do it the right way. I think my problem is I was raised in the Chicago suburbs where it was go go go and don't slow down. Will is being raised country and figures he has all day to do it right. ;) I should try having him shovel alone and tell him he can play video games after and I bet that would light a fire under his butt to make him do it right the first time. :scratchin

We got an extra week of school tacked on for 1 snow and 2 cold days off.

Ang

I havent been around much, but wonderin whos going back, and when?? :D
hope all is well with you all!

Hi peeps!!! I am in my finest... why ??? there's still snow outside!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Ang...

Hello hello H&E-mom !!!!!!!! long time no see !!!

Hi Timmie!!!! I have been sooo busy... :)

Linda..we are thinking of going back Nov 29th thru Dec 6th...those are Alicias (Aksunshine) dates aswell....maybe we will have yet another meet! WOOOT!!

Ang, ineptitude reaps rewards. It is best to accept a lesser job than to do it all yourself. I learned this late in life. It is not too late for you. :)

Maybe if paths are not shoveled correctly it might be impossible for you to get to your car to take a certain someone somewhere he wants to go or to go buy something he wants? I would look very sorry when informing him of this. I am sure it would hurt you greatly not be to able to fulfill his desire. :lmao:

Might take a few times for this to sink in, teenagers have mighty hard heads and in the male of the species it seems to get even harder. :lmao:

SG

H&J, would that mean I could hold a brand new spanking baby? I will gladly sit, poolside, while you all splash. It is one of my few skills.

I will put you both down on my list, I tend to forget everyone's dates except mine and sometimes even those. I am hoping to add an additional 5 days on at the end if they extend the code.

SG

H&J, would that mean I could hold a brand new spanking baby? I will gladly sit, poolside, while you all splash. It is one of my few skills.

I will put you both down on my list, I tend to forget everyone's dates except mine and sometimes even those. I am hoping to add an additional 5 days on at the end if they extend the code.

SG

I hope you get to extensd that date till the 18th :worship: I will be praying!!!!::yes:: :hyper:

Timmie, I would love five more days which would make check out on the 11th, I think. The 18th would have us there too close to Christmas. I am going to start doing my cards as soon as school starts again, I have a grandson in the summer so I have to wait for school to have the time, and just give money for presents as it is. :rotfl2:

Neither Tom, nor I, could handle the crowds as it gets closer to Christmas. Nor the prices.

SG

well, we just booked the cruise to Alaska. DH has wanted to cruise again for a while & I keep putting it off so I guess it was time to throw the poor guy a bone. Both kids (and I use that term for my 18 & 23 yr olds very loosely) are coming too so it's not cheap!!! I'm still hoping for F & WF but realisically don't think we can.

Kelli, are you still planning on the last week in Sept? Katie wants to go so much she's offered to pay her own way but I'm still not sure. Oh well, we have til mid-Aug to decide.

Love to everyone

Gail

Gail, wonderful news! I cannot imagine anything better than a family vacation to somewhere you all have dreamed of going. Alaska is on my bucket list. In the meantime I comfort myself by making videos of other folks cruise films. :rotfl:

SG

about the cruise but I'm sitting here listening to the Innoventions music loop and pining for my happy place!! Katie and I need to have a frank discussion about the trip (and, at some point, tell Roger we have one booked!!!). She's suggested a short trip. Normally we go Friday to Friday but I'm thinking maybe Sunday to Thursday would be doable. We'd get a taste of F & WF, no pun intended, and be there to book a bounce back offer for 2010. And we'd be there for my birthday. Decisions - decisions!!!:confused3

Gail, that sounds like a plan to me. Lucky you. I figure we might as well do what we can now cause who knows what tomorrow will bring.

I have a hard time understanding how you gals get away with planning trips without your husband's knowing but then I am married to a man who is ready to go anywhere, anytime. He does not know finances or anything else so he has nothing to worry about. :lmao:

My daughter, sil, grandsons and a girlfriend all came over after church for lunch and they are all asleep right now. I think they need the rest so I am being very quiet.

SG

Morning gals.. So sorry to be MIA but things here have been a little crazy !!

I have a hard time understanding how you gals get away with planning trips without your husband's knowing but then I am married to a man who is ready to go anywhere, anytime. He does not know finances or anything else so he has nothing to worry about. :lmao:

SG

That's easy!! He wouldn't know what to do with a bill if it bit him. So he doesn't see the deposit and Katie and I don't talk about it in front of him!!! Besides he hates Disney & can't understand HOW she & I could possibly want to go back for a 4th year in a row. Thank God she's hooked!!

Gail, I have never been 'allowed' to work outside the home, long story, so I have different circumstances. On the other hand, as the only adult around here, I am in charge of everything including the fiances and Tom honestly does know that I would not spend anything that we could not afford and he was broke when he met me, and worse. I am just stuck in the
"good wife' mode and am slowly working my way through the quagmire. I think it is good for spouses to indulge their own tastes occasionally, as long as it is not hurting the other one. I am glad you have a daughter who loves to go. I have a younger grandson who loves Disney but is not in a position to go with me anytime soon.

Keli, only a 'little' crazy? I am hoping that is a good thing.

My CC kids were all healthy when I got there today. I had worried about them over the weekend as several were very sick last week. I sorted out the shelves, again. I refuse to be like the school librarian who does not like to let kids in for fear they might mess up her shelves. :rolleyes1

SG

Hi girls:)

I need a list of whos planning on going to WDW in December...Our dates again are Nov 29-Dec 6th at WL...I think Alicia, amanda, becky from alaska, and a few others are going then.
:( Were gonna miss timmie though. :(

unfortunate turn of events at my house (no, we didn't lose our jobs, problem w/DS) so we won't be cruising or going home this year. Hurts too much to talk about it but ask for your prayers.

Gail

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter