GLOW II: The Bounceback... Multiple Meets!!!.. First 1/2 of Sept 2008

Ants, if we cannot be there you are the next best thing by sending the pics and such. We can dream of future trips.

Bonz is also looking at going when we are. Anyone else?

Hugs, SG

I will miss you in Nov... but I will be able tot ag along with your scifi dinner with Will and Ang :goodvibes

Ang, are you and Will going to be there the first week in December? I just cannot remember everything. Even something as wonderful as that.

SG

Hi you people! It has been bitterly cold here, too cold to snow much so that is a good thing, I think.

Just got an email from Bonz and she lit a fire under me so I called Disney and just booked in from Nov 29th-Dec 6th, only a week but better than nothing. I fail to understand why they would blackout the week after those dates and reinstate the discount so close to Christmas. I am hoping they reconsider so I can more dates. Ten days is my minimum and 14 would be my dream. Anyone remember what dates they gave Free Dining for this past Holiday season? :confused3

Hey, Jen, long time no hear!!! Yes, no glasses for me and I will know if the heart procedure took or not next Thursday. I am afraid it did not. At least I had a couple of days of relief. I hope I am wrong. :sad1:

Ants, if we cannot be there you are the next best thing by sending the pics and such. We can dream of future trips.

Hugs, SG

Hope that you are wrong and the procedure took. Maybe all you need is a trip to Disney to feel the full effects of it! :wizard: It's cold here, too, but nothing like the midwest, and anything is better than being snowbound!

The fall Disney VISA free dining offer dates were 9/28-10/11; 11/9-11/22; 12/14-12/20, at least according the email I got. I think some folks said as long as they checked in during those dates they were able to keep the free dining for their entire trip (including Christmas). I don't have the August/September bounceback dates in front of me, but I assume you would prefer the winter dates.

Jen, thank you so much for the info. I have never been away for Christmas but that might be interesting. Not sure that Tom could handle the crowds though. My dd and her family come over Christmas Eve for a couple of hours and then we often go to my dh's family Christmas Day but that is all we would be missing. As long as we leave the presents behind all should be well. I am close with my two grandsons so I see them often and my sil would be relieved not to 'have' to come over so I am tempted. I would enjoy seeing all the small children on Christmas Day, it is not the same without children.

SG

Jen, thank you so much for the info. I have never been away for Christmas but that might be interesting. Not sure that Tom could handle the crowds though. My dd and her family come over Christmas Eve for a couple of hours and then we often go to my dh's family Christmas Day but that is all we would be missing. As long as we leave the presents behind all should be well. I am close with my two grandsons so I see them often and my sil would be relieved not to 'have' to come over so I am tempted. I would enjoy seeing all the small children on Christmas Day, it is not the same without children.

SG

We've been to both WDW & DL before, during and after Christmas and, while it is crowded, for free dining, I think it's worth it. Especially if you're not trying to "commando" the parks, it's really neat to take in all the holiday decorations, extra shows, etc. Make sure you have your dining reservations, go against the crowds and you'll do fine.

Not that this would sway you one way (or the other;)), but we're thinking of heading back to WDW after Christmas for a week or so this year. We're going on a family cruise out of Miami with my dad, brother, SIL and their two kids on January 3. Since the kids will be off school and dh's employer closes between Christmas and New Year's, why not, right?

We've been to both WDW & DL before, during and after Christmas and, while it is crowded, for free dining, I think it's worth it. Especially if you're not trying to "commando" the parks, it's really neat to take in all the holiday decorations, extra shows, etc. Make sure you have your dining reservations, go against the crowds and you'll do fine.

Not that this would sway you one way (or the other;)), but we're thinking of heading back to WDW after Christmas for a week or so this year. We're going on a family cruise out of Miami with my dad, brother, SIL and their two kids on January 3. Since the kids will be off school and dh's employer closes between Christmas and New Year's, why not, right?
I"m loving those dates.... We want to do christmas.... is that what you are thinking of doing as well???

I"m loving those dates.... We want to do christmas.... is that what you are thinking of doing as well???

I would LOVE to do Christmas at WDW again (it's been several years), and my dream would be to check in by the 20th to get the free dining (which, of course, would be offered again, in my dream). But, we haven't won the lottery yet, and kind of have to spend Christmas here with dh's mom, so we're thinking of leaving the day after Christmas, and staying one week (January 2), then renting a car and driving down to Miami for the cruise.

What about you--would you still stay for two weeks? It is easier when the (older) kids are out of school! And Ry either already is or will be 3, so will you get 2 rooms, or switch to POR, ASMu suites or a deluxe? How is driving through the mountains in the winter?

Dh has just informed me that I have to find another photopass share, because he loved the cd you made. I have to laugh, because we probably didn't get more than 50 photos (compared to the hundreds the rest of you all got), mainly because he gave me the exasperated sigh and eye roll every time I wanted to stop and have a picture taken. And now it was one of his favorite parts of the trip. :confused3 :rolleyes:

I would love to be at DW for Christmas some time. I do not drive in ice or snow so I am always afraid of bad weather, I watch the weather reports ane leave early if it even LOOKS like it might turn bad. :lmao:

Also Tom does have any patience and acts out when he gets frustrated, think small child with four language, so trying to take care of him in such circumstances would be difficult. I keep hoping my bil will come along and share the 'experience' with me. :rotfl2:

Maybe some day I can be one of those who jump on a plane and get there in a mere two hours, but it is not possible now. :sad2:

I love hearing all about everyone's plans and look forward to the trip reports.

SG

the trip I'm NOT going on is booked for 9/24 thru 10/3 (dates supplied by Keliblue). when did F & WF become Christmas?!?!?

Pooch, ever notice that all the holidays seem to merge into one another nowadays? I used to think it was just my 'advanced' age but have come to believe it is just the commercialization of everything and the need to make ever increasing profits. :rotfl2:

You would so enjoy going when I am going to be there, November 29th-Dec 5th. Not that the cooler weather would impress YOU, but the decorations and so many things to do outside the parks just makes it so special. Miracles happen ya know.

I am in a better mood today and promise to be nice. I do not get mad often so when it happens it throw me for a loop. Taking a deep breath and finding stuff to smile about today. A small boy will be arriving soon so that will be a breeze. He is 11 and we talk trivia. He loves it when he knows something I do not, so do I. :cheer2:

SG

Hi you people! It has been bitterly cold here, too cold to snow much so that is a good thing, I think.

Just got an email from Bonz and she lit a fire under me so I called Disney and just booked in from Nov 29th-Dec 6th, only a week but better than nothing. I fail to understand why they would blackout the week after those dates and reinstate the discount so close to Christmas. I am hoping they reconsider so I can more dates. Ten days is my minimum and 14 would be my dream. Anyone remember what dates they gave Free Dining for this past Holiday season? :confused3

Hugs, SG

Hey Missy :flower3: what's all this talk about Dec :cheer2: .

the trip I'm NOT going on is booked for 9/24 thru 10/3 (dates supplied by Keliblue). when did F & WF become Christmas?!?!?

POOCHER'S !!! what's up chick.. Glad to hear your NOT going again this year ;)

Keli, LOL My words about it being too cold to snow can come back to bite me in the posterior. I have huge mounds of it, they just scrapped the parking lot next door. Might take until April to melt.

It is more than mere talk about December as I have my confirmation and deposit is paid. I just wish I could get some more days at a deep discount.

There is a place, not too far from us, that has great entertainment and you can get packages for weekdays really cheap and I just got their entertainment schedule and I think we shall be spending a few days there from time to time. It is called Bearcreek Farms if any of you local folks would like to check it out. Disney it is not but it is a nice place to get a bit of R&R. When I am home I can always find work to do.

Kelli, are you planning on coming in December also? :cheer2:

SG

No Miss Linda, not this year:guilty: DH likes going when it's warmer.. we do like spending most of our time at Typhoon Lagoon:beach: floating in the lazy river. He also wants to skip this year and go somewhere else:scared:

No swimming for me. I am such a nice woman that I would not want all the other ladies to die of envy because of my "Fab U lous" shape.:rotfl2: I got plenty to be modest about. :rotfl:

SG

No Miss Linda, not this year:guilty: DH likes going when it's warmer.. we do like spending most of our time at Typhoon Lagoon:beach: floating in the lazy river. He also wants to skip this year and go somewhere else:scared:

:crazy2: :scared: :scratchin :faint: :beach:

Keli, I forgot to ask you just where your husband wants to go this year. You might remind him of other vacation where you ended up comparing everything, unfavorably, to WDW and he might reconsider. :thumbsup2

Good morning Timmie! How are you doing? You got snow?:wave2:

SG

Keli, I forgot to ask you just where your husband wants to go this year. You might remind him of other vacation where you ended up comparing everything, unfavorably, to WDW and he might reconsider. :thumbsup2

Good morning Timmie! How are you doing? You got snow?:wave2:

SG

G'morning Miss Linda... yes we did get some snow and when I say some.. it is just some... 2 inches which turned to slush sooer than you can say s n o w !:sad2:

I am doing good... just trying to balance work and mamasitting :rotfl2: not that I am complaining... I finally found a way to perk up my mom and get her moving... Ginseng!!! the magic word.. and Smorgasboard ( thats what she still calls the buffet hahaha) and a $20 play at slingo at Haras on the penny machine :rotfl: thats why I have not been on the boards.. my only downtime is when I am sleeping :crazy2: and with the way the economy is going... I have to go to work on my Sundays best behaviour everyday!!!

Oppss sorry to keep on rumbling Tanya... going back to topic.... has everybody got dates for 2009 trip ????:flower3:

Good morning Timmie!

Ginseng, I know it well. It put food on the table and clothes on my back growing up. My dad used to dig it and I remember it being dried in the oven and laid out before bundling it up to take to sell. It is mostly used to 'energize' men but whatever works!:thumbsup2 The roots look like miniature people.

Is your mom enjoying being here? I know it would make your life so much easier if she would stay. Most would want their moms far away but since you are going to fuss and worry it is better to have her where you can keep an eye on her. Not that YOU might need a bit of watching too.:lmao: I still think that an apartment near you would be great if it is possible. Any plans to take her to DW? I would love to meet the woman who formed such as you. :flower3:

Tom just got up so I had better get to work. I have a big piece of furniture to move today so I am going to do it late in the day so if I fall down I can do so on the nice comfy bed. No fool I.

SG

Morning Gals,

Hope everyone had a nice Super Bowl weekend :cheer2: How you doin Linda ?? you and Bonz seem to be getting some bad weather:guilty:

Keli, never fear. I may have been housebound but I did not care. I had no doctor's appts to miss and not much else either. I was able to set up my new toys, TV and Roku box, and totally clean up the library. I think I found Hoffa's remains. lol I still have some more things to do in that room before it is totally done.

My sil dug me out of the garage when he did his church's lot. It is right behind my house and my grandson came and did some odd jobs that made my life much better. I am so proud of him. He has learning disabilities and I have enjoyed watching him do things. He does a good job, if I could get him to take his filthy shoes off he would be perfect. :rotfl2: He and some of his classmates were in our local paper for building a solar panel out of aluminum soda cans. It warms the cockles of my heart to brag on him as his younger brother is the Golden Boy and all comes easily to him and he is much celebrated for it. I love them both, they are just different people. :cheer2:

Bonz says that she escaped it this time. Usually she is the one who gets the bad weather while we do not but the weather is coming up from the south this time. Hopefully this year will be like last years and this will be our one and only snow. We have it piled up high enough to last until spring or possibly even summer. We might enjoy it in the summer though. Ummmm.

SG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter