Girls-Only Mar 3-7 - On our way to Disneyland!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph, it looks like you have me added correctly for all the meals so no updates. If you don't mind though, you have my screen name as karlyrocks instead of karylrocks; could you change that please? :teeth:

You mentioned CS for lunch before the SH - how about Plaza Inn? Of all the times I have planned to eat there, I don't think I ever have. I like the idea of Cove Bar after the SH - I think that would be a great place to meet up for prizes, and I will buy you a drink!

Steph, it looks like you have me added correctly for all the meals so no updates. If you don't mind though, you have my screen name as karlyrocks instead of karylrocks; could you change that please? :teeth:

You mentioned CS for lunch before the SH - how about Plaza Inn? Of all the times I have planned to eat there, I don't think I ever have. I like the idea of Cove Bar after the SH - I think that would be a great place to meet up for prizes, and I will buy you a drink!

Sorry about misspelling your name, all fixed. :goodvibes

I've never eaten at Plaza Inn. It's extremely close to the starting point of the SH. And I hadn't thought about the Cove Bar being the prize announcement location. What do you all think Scavenger Hunt Committee???

:drinking1 Diet Coke works for me. :goodvibes

steph

Merry Diva-licious Christmas! We had our Christmas on Christmas Eve for the first time (since DD has her own family now) so today is just relax and recover day. Mike gave me the cutest gift, in response to my telling him that I wanted to go on the Diva trip as my gift. He made this shadowbox with pins he got from a Christmas bazaar:

DISBOX-4.jpg

I thought that was super sweet! He said the pins are for keeping or trading - he knows I am looking forward to some serious pin trading this trip. Laurie, don't even think about it! I'm keeping the Oregon Duck one!

Steph, I will be emailing you with my updates. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Carol, that is the sweetest thing ever, I love it!:santa: What a wonderful DH you have. :)

Meal reservations are less than two weeks away!

Merry Christmas Friends:santa:
Can't wait to see you all in March. :grouphug:

Merry Christmas ladies :) I hope you all had wonderful days. A friend invited me over to join her and her family for dinner and games - it was a good time.

Did anyone get anything great during the sales today?

Merry Christmas ladies :) I hope you all had wonderful days. A friend invited me over to join her and her family for dinner and games - it was a good time.

Did anyone get anything great during the sales today?

We hit Arden Mall yesterday. DH spent his JCPenney gift cards and I hit Bath & Body for some of their Twisted Peppermint soap. Then I hit the calendar store and got my little calendar for my desk and DH's mongo wall calendar. Went to Kohl's today and got myself a cozy sweater. Need to hit Bed Bath & Beyond and spend some gift cards there too. I need to get working on a project that is due on the 10th. And I'm anxiously counting down to my next Disneyland trip on the 13th! :banana:

The Holiday pressed nickel machine is FINALLY onstage at DL. It sounds like it is in the Penny Arcade. It has 2 holiday designs. THERE IS A SECOND, FIRST EVER, Holiday Nickel machine at DCA!!!!! I'm still trying to find out WHERE. They came out LATE on the 24th, apparently. If anyone is going this week and can get those for me, I will be eternally grateful, and will, of course, reimburse! Send me a PM if you can help!

A very merry Christmas to everyone. I know it's late but that's how I've been running lately. Too many chores and not enough time. I hope that everyone had a great time and Santa was good to you. It was really quiet at my house this year - just my DD and I. I enjoyed it but it also made me miss the days of aunts and uncles, cousins and grandparents spending time together. Maybe next year....

So does anyone have any good plans for New Year's eve? None here...I was hoping to live vicariously through someone :rotfl2:

If anyone is still looking for a roommate, Jen (Mrs Pinup) and I have a reservation at Carousel for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night and we could take in another roommate if you don't mind sharing a bed or getting a roll away. If you're interested PM Jen and I and let us know what you're looking for. We're both first timers so this is a big adventure for us :thumbsup2

And I hadn't thought about the Cove Bar being the prize announcement location. What do you all think Scavenger Hunt Committee???
I don't know if the Cove Bar would have room for everyone. I've only been there once and it's usually crowded. What does the rest of the Committee think?
So does anyone have any good plans for New Year's eve? None here...I was hoping to live vicariously through someone :rotfl2:
You'll have to do that vicarious living through someone else. I probably won't even make it til midnight.:rotfl:

Well, we never do anything but this year we are splurging and going to "Copacabana, a Latin Masquerade Gala" at the Benson Hotel downtown. We are getting an overnight package including valet parking and late check-out, and Mike is breaking out the tux! This empty-nester thing is turning out all right! We will probably just make it to the champagne toast and balloon drop, and then crash.

Jodi - I am still looking for roommates and sent you and Jen a PM!

Hi Ladies!
Glad that everyone enjoyed the holidays, I had some family drama and it wasn't even my family! Too crazy for words!!:eek:

Steph- this is what I am thinking.....
I fly in too late to make the lunch at rancho on thursday :mad: so take me off that one please

want to be in on the meet and greet and the SH and I think you have me on them. (thanks)

please take me off the Cafe Orleans list...not a fan of cajun

I want to do the fantasmic dessert on saturday

I want to do WOC dinner/picnic whenever it fits for everyone else.

I will probably eat at Naples at some point so whoever wants to join me let me know :thumbsup2

as for carnation I am all in for dessert only! which could be classified as dinner in my world :laughing:

I am still looking for a roommate/s too and am willing to sleep on floors/couches/ rollaways. I am leaving monday afternoon so I need a space for thursday, friday, saturday and sunday. I also do not mind roaming from room to room (quite a way to make more friends :grouphug: )

I am getting so excited! I can hardly wait! It has been a LONG 5 years!

Hi ladies!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. :santa: No plans here for NYE, except for being very nice grandparents and watching the children. :goodvibes
On New Years Day, we will be going to our very good friend's house for ollie bollens (traditional Dutch donuts). I will think of something else to bring, and Dave wants to take his prize winning ribs. YUM! ::yes::

So my time with my sister Renee was good. Of course I got teary eyed at times. It is helping me to know, that Dave and I are going to try and see her sometime in February up in Oregon. She gave me a project that she was not able to finish. When she, my sister Diana, my mom and I were at DL for our big get together, she gathered a bunch of pressed pennies. She was going to make a charm bracelet from them. So now I have all the pieces and instructions to finish it. I hope to have it done for our ladies trip to show off. It will also be a nice momento of our special time my sisters and mom had together. :grouphug:

As far as eats for the scavvy hunt day. I tend to agree with Trudi about the Cove Bar. Unfortunately I don't think there is enough room for all of us to gather. How about the Pacific Wharf area? Plenty of room and nice tables to sit at. I think the Plaza Inn would be a great place for lunch. Some can even grab a corn dog instead, and still sit and spit with everyone. :dance3: From there we can get our group picture taken, and then venture on over to last years location to start the hunt.

How about that idea? Input?

So now that the holidays are almost over.......I can now concentrate on T shirts. I'm going to have to clear out a lot of my PMs...LOL... and start taking orders. Then start a spread sheet.

I will be letting you know soon exactly what t-shirt I want to use. My DD Kaitlyn has a very nice and soft Hanes that comes in all sizes. I'm going to go to the screen printing shop and look at the color first, and see if it is a nice purple or lavender. I also want to touch it. :laughing: I'm hoping to get a nice and soft one. Some of those tees are so ruff, if you know what I mean. Of course you may send me your own tee also.

Next I need to know exactly what you want written on it. I will be using the Disney font.

THis is what I kind of would like to do.

Have the castle on the front of course. Have "DIS Divas" on the back, or on the sleeve. No date. Or would you like "Disneyland Divas?" Or "DISboard Divas?" If we use the longer script, it would not fit on the sleeve very well. All things to consider.

Orrrrrrrrr.....do you want to have everything on the front? It is cheaper that way.

Ane then finally I need to know if you want bling?!?! :rotfl: I will be ordering an extra t-shirt to experiment with. :rolleyes1 :laughing: I can just see my den with tees everywhere, glitter in everything,(and I mean everything), and rhinestones flashing.....you name it!!! :cloud9: I think it will be fun, and I'm going to put Kaitlyn to work too!!!

That is the plan so far. So as soon as I pick the tee out, I will let you know which one it is, and hopefully how the sizing goes.

TTFN!!

Hi ladies!

Ane then finally I need to know if you want bling?!?! :rotfl: I will be ordering an extra t-shirt to experiment with. :rolleyes1 :laughing: I can just see my den with tees everywhere, glitter in everything,(and I mean everything), and rhinestones flashing.....you name it!!! :cloud9: I think it will be fun, and I'm going to put Kaitlyn to work too!!!

That is the plan so far. So as soon as I pick the tee out, I will let you know which one it is, and hopefully how the sizing goes.

TTFN!!

I would love to put my DIS name on the back with something sparkly :cutie: I can do that after you are done with the screenprinting.

I have my New Year's "Solution" for next year :goodvibes I am running a half marathon every month of the year except for June when I will be running in the San Diego Rock n Roll Full marathon. I think I may just have to swing a trip to Disneyland during then too :rolleyes1 My first half is coming up on the 23rd here in my hometown so I will be on the trails and in the gym a lot over the next four weeks.

For New Years my plans are not settled yet, but a friend is having a party and I will be going to that if my parent's can take the kiddos for the night.

I have room at HOJO for one more roomy but just for two nights.

Mel,
I have a coupon for $7.00 off of Hanes pack if that would help. email me and I will send you the coupon. It expires on Dec 31st though.

traceyandynathen@yahoo

Hello everyone, just a quicky today.

The Plaza Inn sounds great for lunch before the hunt. Ne ressies needed, no waiting for the whole gang to show up before being seated.
People can eat a little or a lot, just salad, just dessert, etc.
How about meeting at noon? Plenty of time to eat and relax before the hunt.
As for the T's, anything is fine with me.

Mel- thanks for all the work on the T's!

Quick fly-by-hi!

We are going over to a friend's house Friday evening for dinner, cards and exchange of Christmas gifts. We will be home LONG before midnight as DH is an early to bed type as is one of our friends. I may or may not be up till midnight. It will depend on what I am doing. If I get going on my project, I may very well be up to ring in the new year! LOL!

I have my new calendar up on the filing cabinet here and it's making me happy to see my next DL trip on there! WOO HOO!

I would love to put my DIS name on the back with something sparkly :cutie: I can do that after you are done with the screenprinting.

I have my New Year's "Solution" for next year :goodvibes I am running a half marathon every month of the year except for June when I will be running in the San Diego Rock n Roll Full marathon. I think I may just have to swing a trip to Disneyland during then too :rolleyes1 My first half is coming up on the 23rd here in my hometown so I will be on the trails and in the gym a lot over the next four weeks.

For New Years my plans are not settled yet, but a friend is having a party and I will be going to that if my parent's can take the kiddos for the night.
Hi Jen! You have way tooooo much energy! WOW!! :thumbsup2

Anywhos, after the screenprinting is done, I will be blinging up the castle with glitter and rhinestones, if that is what you want. I can send it to you after that, or my plan was to deliver them all at the Meet and Greet. It's up to you. Some ladies were doing stuff to their tees last year in their hotel rooms. Maybe you can do it then.

Right now my plan is to go to another place that my son just told me about. He has done business with them, and they do really nice work. I'd like to see what kind of tees they carry, and their pricing.

I have room at HOJO for one more roomy but just for two nights.

Mel,
I have a coupon for $7.00 off of Hanes pack if that would help. email me and I will send you the coupon. It expires on Dec 31st though.

traceyandynathen@yahoo

Hello everyone, just a quicky today.
Hi Tracey!

Not sure if a screen printing place will accept coupons. But thanks for the thought anyways!! :goodvibes

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on much. Ryan (my 11.5 year old) has been really sick for, gosh, since the day we flew back home from WDW, and is down to 68 pounds, so we have him on some meds to fight an infection and Ensure Plus (drink/shake) to supplement his diet and hopefully help him gain some weight. He'll be okay. He just needs to gain some weight and strength back.

Melody - Awwwww, I love the pressed penny charm bracelet idea to remember the special time you shared with your sisters and your mom. That sounds SO lovely! Hey, I love all the ideas you have for the t-shirts too! I'll leave my t-shirt design and blinging completely up to you and your talented and creative hands. Surprise me. :goodvibes

For New Years Eve, I think we're going to our neighbors for cocktails and something simple for dinner, and of course the boys can play together. Maybe I'll make a big pot of chilli to take over and some veggie/cheese/meat/cracker deli trays. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter