Girls Only Disneyland Trip!! Old thread. New link in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION TO THOSE STAYING SUNDAY NIGHT!!

The ent. rate just became available for the night of the 8th. So CALL Lorealle to make sure you get it!

Heather and Stacie, I was just able to get you the ent. rate for that night already! :)

Thanks for calling Callie. That's really weird though, because we had applied the ent rate weeks ago when it came up the first time. Well, maybe Linda can get her rate now!

Cheryl, I'm so glad the headbands came in! I would still like to have one. Thanks so much!

My computer has been on the fritz since last night. I just had to redo the whole thing, and have lost everything. I have it all backed up, but it will take a few days to get it all back on the computer.

I only read back a page or two. I'm off to try and get a few things working on the ocmputer again. I'll talk with you all later!

Heather

So i was thinking.. i need $20 for me and $20 for my mom for tips in the VIP tour.

And $15 for me and $15 for my mom for the WIWF tour.

That sounded like alot..or maybe not. who knows.:rotfl:

Cheryl--

YEAH! I'm so glad you got that cruise. For all the hassle you've had to go through, in the end you did get a couple awesome incentives and VGC points, so hopefully it's all worth it!

I just went on the Eastern, so if you have any questions on ports, let me know. Also, I have a couple of travel books (one on St Thomas and Virgin Islands and another with details on St Martin) that I could bring down to loan you.

I have never stayed in Cat 6, or in the back of the ship, but I think I know the area you are talking about. After dinner the kids clubs went to this hidden deck at the aft of Deck 7 - when there were just a few kids - for just a little time. This back deck was a jewel of a place. Just serene with the ocean view all to yourself. I think those handicap rooms are right off this, and the very back rooms seemed to share some of that back of the ship view. I think you probably have a GREAT room.

For sea sickness, I always take Bonine and it does the trick. My DH and kids take nothing and don't seem at all bothered (DH was in the navy for 7 years).

Oh, I'm so excited for you! :banana: What a wonderful vacation for your Mom to recover to get ready for!

I'm so glad you went on this one--one question I had--how hard is it to get off/around the ports? My Mom would have to be on her scooter and I know one cruise we took they had a ramp down to the dock and she was able to go a certain ways--but the streets in Mexico weren't "handicapped accessible" like in the U.S. so we were limited on how far she could go. So, I'm not even sure if we would go in the ports?

More travel thoughts for Cheryl. Be sure to check out cruisecritic's articles and forum! The DCL people seem really nice (unlike the snarky RCCL people like me) over there, and you can get loads of info from the cruiseline's forum AND the destination forums for where you're going. :)

Great advice--will definitely do that. And I've been meaning to tell you, you may want to check into renting DVC points for your WDW trip. I think the price is below $10 a point and may be a good value depending on when you go, how big a unit you get etc. Just a thought. (If I had extra points I'd rent them to you--but I seem to be in "borrowing" mode currently!)

So i was thinking.. i need $20 for me and $20 for my mom for tips in the VIP tour.

And $15 for me and $15 for my mom for the WIWF tour.

That sounded like alot..or maybe not. who knows.:rotfl:

Well, I'm just as confuzzled as you are! I don't remember what we tipped last year. $20 probably is too much (which is why I said to bring $5's--if it is a decent guide I wouldn't mind tipping $5 each--that would be $50--that would be a pretty decent tip? Although it's less than 10%. But Linda would probably know the protocol better than me since her daughter was a CM!

CheryL... i'm so glad Your mom is doing good!

Your cruise sounds really great! Heyyyyy :idea: Wasn't Captain Hook's really Nice Plush Quarters at the back of the ship? hhmmmmmm... tell the truth..You are going to have a hot cruise with HooKpirate:

I'm going to get some $5's like You said. Then when we get there we can all say we must go tinkle and decide how much to tip:thumbsup2

CheryL... i'm so glad Your mom is doing good!

Your cruise sounds really great! Heyyyyy :idea: Wasn't Captain Hook's really Nice Plush Quarters at the back of the ship? hhmmmmmm... tell the truth..You are going to have a hot cruise with HooKpirate:

I'm going to get some $5's like You said. Then when we get there we can all say we must go tinkle and decide how much to tip:thumbsup2

Unless we have a female guide and she decides to go tinkle too! LOL

Thank you. She is 3 1/2 weeks old.

I am still saying prayers for the wee one.

Is it Wednesday 12 PM yet?? I am at work & I am actually working today. :rotfl:
That is just not right...who goes to work, to work??

I have recovered nicely from my birthday weekend :lmao:

I still have zero, nada, not a darn thing packed!!
I just called today to get my money from my savings.

Cheryl do you know if you will be making a stop at Costco?
If not I will need to order my 4 day pass soon.

Stacie.. my tinkerbelle's wings look like she's in the military. So true!
i thought i was bein' allllllll styLiN..blinging her up. Now she looks a little bit like a mean stewardess.. but i'm wearing her.. cuz she's my jacKed up Tink:thumbsup2 Wear yours and we will take a pic of them together.

Ok gals! Great news! The Mickey headbands arrived! I actually ended up ordering all they had--which was 26. This was the last complete list I had of who wanted one:

Mickey Tiara

Cheryl
Heather
Wendy
Tina (3)
Callie (2)
January
Theresa
Capri
Michelle
Amy
Linda (2)
Steph
Debra
Amy

If for some reason you don't want one now, not a problem. If you do, the price with shipping ended up being $4 each. They're really cute. I'll bring them to the pizza party.

Yay! Thanks again to Cheryl for taking car of this!

And now.. on that note..

i'm going to get some oreo double stuffed cookies and cold milk.... because i simply don't think my jeans are tight enough..they need to be just a weeeeeeee bit more uncomfortable.:snooty:
I tried to do a bit of trying-on and packing today, and I'm planning an celebrating the tightness of my clothing with some fresh-baked brownies!

Just talked to my Mom--she was sitting up in a chair having breakfast! She had just walked around the bed !!!!!!!! (with a physical therapist of course!)

The other good news is that I got my free cruise certificate and just booked Mom and I on the December 5th 7-day cruise. I upgraded to a verandah and the only negative is that our cabin is at the back of the ship--but I looked online and it looks huge (because it's a handicapped cabin)! So it's all good!

Good news about your mom, and congrats on booking you cruise. The two of you deserve it!

Oh Beth I am SOOO sorry to hear about your illness. I hate hate hate being sick to my tummy more than anything else. I sure hope the gals are right and it is just a 24 hour thing. You just HAVE to get better and SOON!!! And I am so sorry about your paypal. I hope it all gets straightened out. I so feel your pain on that one. It may only be 200 but heck that is a lot of money!! I would be upset too and I sure hope they get it fixed for you!!

And Cheryl I am so glad to hear that your mom is up and walking around. When I was studing to be a Medical Assistant I focused on Physical Therapy and wanted to go into that area of medicine and I did my internship at a convalescent and spent my entire time in the therapy room. I really enjoyed helping the therapy patients. It is so great to see them up and around and it is so good for them too! I sure hope that she has a quick and as painless a recovery as possible. It sounds like you have a great trip planned for the two of you in Dec! :)

Well today was good for me as well. I finally got to meet my new primary care doc and I REALLY like her. SOOOO much better than the old jerk!!! She actually LISTENED to me and I think she is going to be great! I told her all about my migraines etc and the first thing she did is ask me if I wanted to see a neurologist! I nearly fainted. It took me almost 2 years of pain to get the old doc to refer me to my uro! So I will call on Monday to make an apt with the neurologist and see if he thinks what I am doing is ok or if he thinks there is something better I can be doing to treat my headaches! I am so stoked and she didn't try to get me in for a new apt. She also gave me a 9 month refill of my current headache meds whereas the old guy would only give me month to month refills! AH!!!!

It was SO refreshing!!!

Anyway then I went to see my therapist and I am still doing my intake but he is trying me on some meds so we will see how it goes but he took me off the sleeping pill that I was on and I am going to try Ambien so we shall see how I tolerate that. So lots of new and exciting things.

So things are looking up for now. I also meet my new psychologist on Wed so hopefully I like her. And believe it or not I finally had to break down and get reading glasses heaven forbid LOL. I had to buy some aspirin the other day and could not read the bottle and then at the restaurant the other night I couldn't read the menu so today I had to break down and buy some reading glasses. EEK! Getting old! ;)

So that was my day! We are home now and it is raining like a mad house. It has been that way for the last few weeks. And here I was hoping to get AWAY from that in LA. Oh well! I know we will still have fun no matter what! ;)

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day!

Take care and talk soon!

Is it Wednesday 12 PM yet?? I am at work & I am actually working today. :rotfl:
That is just not right...who goes to work, to work??

I have recovered nicely from my birthday weekend :lmao:

I still have zero, nada, not a darn thing packed!!
I just called today to get my money from my savings.

Cheryl do you know if you will be making a stop at Costco?
If not I will need to order my 4 day pass soon.

Debra: I am going to try to go tonight or tomorrow.

I'm so glad you went on this one--one question I had--how hard is it to get off/around the ports? My Mom would have to be on her scooter and I know one cruise we took they had a ramp down to the dock and she was able to go a certain ways--but the streets in Mexico weren't "handicapped accessible" like in the U.S. so we were limited on how far she could go. So, I'm not even sure if we would go in the ports?

Great advice--will definitely do that. And I've been meaning to tell you, you may want to check into renting DVC points for your WDW trip. I think the price is below $10 a point and may be a good value depending on when you go, how big a unit you get etc. Just a thought. (If I had extra points I'd rent them to you--but I seem to be in "borrowing" mode currently!)

Cheryl, CC has a "disabled cruise travel" forum under Special Interests. I tell you, that website MADE our honeymoon cruise. Although it's officially the groom's work to plan the honeymoon, that wasn't going to fly with me (plus he was working his booty off and I had quit my job just before we decided that our wallets really could NOT swing Fiji and an Alaskan cruise was our best choice...thank you Travel Channel), and Robert kept being amazed that I knew where things on the ship were, picked a good excursion, etc. They know their stuff.

We have thought of renting points, most definitely! But it feels weird to do that on the first trip, since I'm supposed to be a newbie and not know about such things already! :goodvibes

I got my tiara at lunch. :cool1: Plus I found an all white hoodie that I'm going to put Tink on. And I got some snacks at the 99 Cent store to bring on the trip. Pretty productive lunch. The only thing I forgot was to run across the parking lot to Home Depot for some LGMHPC. The Home Depot closest to me didn't have any green ones.

Hi ladies! I am on my way to get DD from preschool.

I hope you all are well! Beth...I am still sending the good health vibes.:goodvibes :goodvibes :wizard: :wizard:

Tata! I will see you all later!

I got my tiara at lunch. :cool1: Plus I found an all white hoodie that I'm going to put Tink on. And I got some snacks at the 99 Cent store to bring on the trip. Pretty productive lunch. The only thing I forgot was to run across the parking lot to Home Depot for some LGMHPC. The Home Depot closest to me didn't have any green ones.

I have some extras I can bring if you would like me too. :thumbsup2

Speaking of getting sick, my dog has started having diarrhea (TMI Sorry) and I don't know what the cause is!
She started yesterday when she pooped a clump of grass. When I got home today she had three "explosions" in the house. GROSS, now I have to clean it up :scared:

I'm going to withhold food for the rest of the day and make sure she drinks lots of water.

Anyone else know of any good remedies to stop diarrhea? I PM'd Amysue, hoping she'll get back to me soon.

I bought my tiara yesterday~ I think it is really cute and am excited to wear it...now I just hope it will stay on! I can't wait to be on a ride! I really want to be in line for Pirates right now. I love the smell as you walk in! Please warmth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter