GF RPC/Disneymoon: WEDDING VIDEO ADDED! 8/30

Hang in there Heather! I just graduated college in December and I went through the exact same thing you are going through. I've been at the job I'm at now for almost a month. I didn't really go to college for what I am doing, but hey it's a pretty good job. Good luck with your job search and keep us posted.

thanks for the encouragement you guys, you are so sweet. I have considered doing an alternate route to teaching, but I just don't know! anyone have any experience with that?:confused3

thanks for the encouragement you guys, you are so sweet. I have considered doing an alternate route to teaching, but I just don't know! anyone have any experience with that?:confused3

I have considered that. I know in SC, GA, and NJ you can become certified almost immediately if you will work in a "needy" school. You will most likely have to work at that school for a few years before you can actually become a certified teacher. Or, you can pursue your MAT (Master of Arts in Teaching). This is set up for people who have an undergraduate degree in something other than teaching. You have to take teaching foundation and theory classes, cognate area classes (if you want to be a teacher in a subject other than what your BA/ BS is in), and you have to do student teaching. This option would have taken me 1 year total.

Good luck :hug: The right job will come along. I'm going through the same thing as you right now. PM me if you want to talk :)

Hey Heather!! I'm a teacher and would be more than happy to help if you need anything. I am actually just popping on here for a minute real quick right now, but feel free to PM me. If it makes you feel any better, the school system is very slow moving. I moved to SC in late August of 2005, interviewed the second week of September, didn't find out I had the job until the second week of October and didn't start teaching until the end of October almost into November. NOT fun considering we had just moved and basically had no income!

Hi Heather! I'm a teacher in FL, and I am going through the alternate certification stuff right now (I'm second year). I'll be eligible for a regular FL teaching certificate at the end of this year. Each state is different - google your area's school district and they should have a recruiting or certification webpage - or go to the state department of education page. Google is your best friend!

I had some really good advice down here when I was floundering after college - a friend of my dad's told me to try substituting. The registration fees were a little painful (around $150), but would end up being worth it. Not only do you get to know the people and schools (ie, where you want to be and where you'd rather scrub toilets than work at) but you also figure out if you can handle it.

Happy to answer any questions - as long as you tell me what kind of Baggallini you have! I love the way yours looks like it fits, but couldn't find it on the website!

blueangel- thanks so much for the advice! my bagallini is the sling messanger, and coomes in tons of colors, I LOVED it, it was so handy. we kept our key cards and photopass cards in the zip part that went across the front and that way I didn't have to take the bag off to get to my card!

SRUAlumn- hey! haven't heard from you in a while! thanks for the info and advice. i have glanced at the state education page but I need to get more "in depth" with it I guess!

uh! my college is being so annoying, even though I have finished all my coursework, they won't declare me a graduate until may 12th! so I am basically at a standstill...again! :confused3

uh! my college is being so annoying, even though I have finished all my coursework, they won't declare me a graduate until may 12th! so I am basically at a standstill...again! :confused3

Oh no, that's so annoying! I won't technically have my degree until May 11. I just tell future possible employers the situation and they seem to understand. Good luck :wizard:

My sister ran into the same problem, only her's wasn't finished until late June. She had an education degree, but since her degree wasn't finalized and she couldn't prove her certification until June she had an awful time finding a teaching job because she couldn't even start applying until then. She ended up having to teach this full year at a child care center and is going to try again next year for a 'real' teaching position. Good luck to you!

My sister ran into the same problem, only her's wasn't finished until late June. She had an education degree, but since her degree wasn't finalized and she couldn't prove her certification until June she had an awful time finding a teaching job because she couldn't even start applying until then. She ended up having to teach this full year at a child care center and is going to try again next year for a 'real' teaching position. Good luck to you!

Hey karen :wave2: havent seen you in a while-- hope you are doing well!:hug:

funny that you mention that, b/c I was considering doing the same thing. just taking my time and getting certified this next school year and work at a preschool and then try and get a teaching job next spring/summer

funny that you mention that, b/c I was considering doing the same thing. just taking my time and getting certified this next school year and work at a preschool and then try and get a teaching job next spring/summer

It's usually a good way to go. If for no other reason but for the sheer amount of paperwork that you have to send in and WAIT for to be certified. It can sometimes take 4-5 months! I actually did the preschool thing for 2 years. I worked as a pre-k teacher for a year and then was actually the director of a preschool for a year before we moved to SC and I got a teaching job here.

Hi Maggie! I haven't been around as much lately. Just been busy and school is wiping me out lately. The kids are more ready for Spring Break to get here than I am!!

It's usually a good way to go. If for no other reason but for the sheer amount of paperwork that you have to send in and WAIT for to be certified. It can sometimes take 4-5 months! I actually did the preschool thing for 2 years. I worked as a pre-k teacher for a year and then was actually the director of a preschool for a year before we moved to SC and I got a teaching job here.

ok, well thanks for teh confidence boost, I am going to apply at a couple places I know are hiring on monday!

ok, well thanks for teh confidence boost, I am going to apply at a couple places I know are hiring on monday!

Keep at it!! You're still at a good point in the school year that you have time. Just make sure you're persistent. It's one of the few jobs where the applicants tend to outweight the jobs by about 50 to 1 (or more in some areas :goodvibes)

Make sure after you apply, you follow up and send a thank you email to whomever interviewed you and if you don't hear anything after a week or two send another follow up email. If you just send your information and leave it at that, it's unlikely that you will hear back from anyone. Sorry if I'm sounding discouraging, it's just the world of education, so I'm trying to give you all the info you might need :) Seriously, hang in there, and don't give up :thumbsup2

Good luck on Monday! And don't forget - a lot of schools will end up hiring in late summer or fall since things tend to change over break. Teachers move...change their minds...get higher paying jobs...get arrested (just kidding). But seriously, we have two major hiring "seasons" down here - May and August. I know that doesn't help with the cash flow now, but the pay and benefits will be better than a pre-K come autumn.

PS - I ordered my red Baggallini today!

thanks for the advice. I am so glad you ordered a bagallini! love mine! I still don't know what to do about a job...debating between retil or childcare until i can get my "act together" lol

DAY THREE- January 9, 2007

We decided to sleep in and not do a wake up call for this day, since I had made sickly get up early the day before. So after we finally got our rears in gear, we went downstairs and had breakfast again at our little two person table. Today we were going to the MK, my favorite. I love the MK b/c I have no problem acting like a kid and just having fun, and the MK is the perfect place to do it! We went down to the 2nd floor, and hopped (not literally) onto the monorail. Its nice being one stop from the MK on the monorail I must say! By time you get settled in your seat its time to go!

100_2287.jpg

We walked down main street, did some photo pass pics, and headed out towards adventureland. I wanted to ride pirates of the Caribbean, b/c I have not seen it since they added jack sparrow, and of course, sickly had never seen it. The line was not bad, about 10-15 minutes. I really like this ride, the visuals are really good. When the cannon ball goes by you, kinda freaked me out a bit but my stroke was only minor. Haha. After that, we continued on and walked sadly by a dry splash mountain which was closed. I really wanted to do those one and get the picture. Another reason why we must go back soon! We decided to go on BTMRR. Let me tell you. The line for this ride is very deceiving.
When we first got in line, we couldn’t tell how long the line was, but it kept going and going behind walls, and I realized Disney does this a lot! I had never ridden this ride for some reason but it was pretty good, except for the fat that we were in the BACK SEAT and it was so bumpy and it whipped us around a lot. My bones ached after that!
We had a reservation for the crystal palace, but decided to skip it b/c we would be paying OOP and did one character meal and that was good enough. So we went to Pecos Bill for some grub. The line moved very fast and we took a table by the window in the corner so we could see out onto the “street” the food was really good and the dessert brownie thing was DELICIOUS!

100_2288.jpg

After we ate, we headed to fantasyland and saw the 75 minute or so wait for peter pans flight. I don’t THINK so! We grabbed some fastpasses and headed to tomorrowland. We did the carousal of progress for my dad b/c its his favorite, (go figure?) and we rode the tomorrowland transit authority and had a car to ourselves and just enjoyed people watching and goofing off a little bit

100_2292.jpg

It was time for our fastpasses, so we trucked back up to fantasyland and hopped on peter pan. Let me tell you, all the moms and dads with screaming tantrum throwing kids looked very unhappy that the fastpass people got to go in ahead of them. Haha sorry! :laughing: You snooze you lose! After the ride was over, I was very thankful that I had not stood in a 75 minute line for that. It was cute as always, but not worth half my day of being hearded like cattle and standing way to close to unhappy people. I wanted to take a quick walk through toontown fair for fun, so we headed that way and did a quick “your” of Minnie and mickey’s house.

100_2293.jpg

The line to see mickey was horrendous so I said “forget it” and decided to get a frozen lemonade instead. The train was pulling up so we hopped on and took it all the way around the park. We sat in the back by ourselves and it was very peaceful and relaxing. We then realized it was almost parade time and I had heard on the boards that it is pretty packed on main street but to catch it at the front in frontierland, so we did. We stood out in front of the diamond horseshoe place and had a great view. As soon as the parade passed us we high-tailed it to the exit and got out before it had even hit most of main street. We decided to take the boat back to the GF which was something I have never done, but also once again, peaceful and relaxing.

popcorn:: To be continued…….the second part of day three and all the drama or sickly (I am doing this in a separate post b/c its really really long!)

Where did you guys get those shirts made?

Where did you guys get those shirts made?

on the disney shopping website. well, they were. it is a personalized/custom T-shirt that they do. like I said, sometimes they are available to make and sometimes they are not. I haven't seen anoyone talk about them in a while. That is about all I remember, I did it about 9 months ago. ours said "Our happily ever after began January 6, 2007" and had our names on them. hope you find them!

Hi there!! Just happened to stumble across your honeymoon report. First off, congratulations!!! My DF and I are going on our Disneymoon in September. Just wanted to tell you that your pictures are GREAT and I enjoyed reading your story!

Hi there!! Just happened to stumble across your honeymoon report. First off, congratulations!!! My DF and I are going on our Disneymoon in September. Just wanted to tell you that your pictures are GREAT and I enjoyed reading your story!

aw thanks so much! have a great time on your honeymoon!

ok so someone gave me a few more wedding pics so I thought I would post them, don't really know why, but anyway...!!!

mesmile.jpg

yeah I look overly happy

scan0001-2.jpg

our band, voted New Orleans Wedding band of the year

garter2.jpg

garter

bobbyandme.jpg

yay:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter