Getting married REALLY early

you-cant-marry-a-man-you-just-met1.jpg

Haha!

My parents! They knew each other about 10 days when my dad proposed and she accepted about 4 days later. They were married about two months later. They will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary next year--all the siblings are going on an Alaskan cruise with them to celebrate.

We went on our first date June 12 and married November 28th, so less than 6 months. We will be married 26 years this November.

We met in early Jan., starting talking about getting married in late Feb, and married in May. We've been married 21 years now. :lovestruc It was a long distance relationship, he was in the military at the time, so we spent a lot of time on the phone, letters and weekend visits thinking we really we were really getting to know each other. :laughing: He was getting ready to deploy and we were planning our wedding for when he came back a year later. We went out to Vegas with friends for their last hurrah before deployment when he asked if I wanted to get married right then instead of waiting, so I said yes and we went off to the courthouse for the license, mall for a ring and then a chapel for the wedding. :rotfl:Everyone was SHOCKED when we got home. His deployment was either postponed or canceled can't remember now but it took a few months before we were finally able to get a place and finally start our married life. We both know how it could've been a lot different but we are so glad its all worked out. I love him more today than I could've ever imagined I would back then. :lovestruc

We started dating April 1, 1989, engaged November 1989, married May 1990. These are the days of real mail and phone calls. No email or Skype.

But we were states apart for most of it.

Dated - April to early May 1989. Then he stayed in IN, I went home to NJ.
September - December 1989. He was in VA, I returned to IN.
December 1989 - January 1990. We were both in VA!
February 1990 - June 1990. He was in VA, I was in NJ.

We got married, spent the summer together in IN, then he went back to VA while I did my student teaching in IN. Finally together in January 1991! Married 28 years this past weekend.

That’s exactly what I experienced on my first date with my husband...why did it take so long to find you...and our first date was perfect. We can now walk to that restaurant in fact

My husband and I met when he was 21 and I was 18, we only dated a week (it was a summer festival we were at so we just kind of spent the week together after meeting) and I messed it up (long story) yet, I kind of knew...

We both married and divorced other people and started seeing each other again 6 years ago.

Our first date we are sitting there, talking, connecting, pouring out our souls, when he pauses suddenly and looks me dead and the eye and says "How did THIS take 15 years...?"

1st husband— dated for a year, got engaged, married 8 Months later. Divorced.

2nd husband— 1st date October 26th, engaged December 15th, married February 9th (15 weeks total) still together 12 years and 4 kids later

Less than a year since we met, 8 months after we started long distance dating, 4 months after dating in person. Going on 9 years married this September, still deliriously in love and feel lucky every day. Didn't plan it that way, had actually given up on the dating game and was focusing on work when we met. I figured it was cosmic timing as we met in the very last place I ever thought I'd find a husband. We might have gotten married earlier except for the 4+ months living 1000 miles apart.

DH knew he was going to marry me the moment we met. Started dating 11 months later. Engaged 6 months later. Married 111 days later. From dating to marriage it was just under 10 months. He was 22 and I was 21. Been married for almost 18 years.

Wellllllllll..........one of my maternal cousins married an adult entertainer (AKA stripper) soon after meeting at her place of employment:rotfl2: to the nth.
And nooo she wasn't doing this to fund her law school education.
It was a tumultuous relationship to say the least and merely reaffirmed what I'd thought about him since I was a child: not wrapped too tight.

Me? Heckenspeck, no.

Now hubby with engaged after a couple months and married within about a year the first time around.

Suffice to say, it did not last.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter