Getting from Hollywood Studios from Epcot? After Fantasmic

Something to remember re buses: the bus from DHS to Epcot goes to the front (main entrance) of Epcot. The boat goes to the International Gateway (back entrance).

I would walk - we have done it several times. A lot of people will be doing the same thing so the bus and boats to Epcot will be pretty full. The fastest way there will probably be walking.

We always feel like we are melting on the Friendship boats during the summer months, so we never take them. Especially at very busy and full boat times. As other people have said, I would walk if you want to get to the IG, or bus/Uber/Lyft if FW is where you want to be.

Hey :) Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice, Going to be in Hollywood studios on the 15th August was wondering after Fantasmic is it possible to transfer to Epcot for EMH 9-11pm? Will it be extremely hard to get a bus, read about a Friendship boats (first time going to Disney from a child), and then the Express transport? Is it possible and what would be the best option. Thank You.
We've had great luck getting on the boats quickly by leaving IMMEDIATELY at the end (or even a couple min early) of Fantasmic. If you sit near the top house-right of the theater, it works even better.
As the final clapping and cheering starts, just jet toward the exits (not a sprint here, just briskly :-)). You will be in front of the other thousands and it really makes a difference getting out.
I also agree that the walk is pleasant but quite long - I'd plan on at least 20-30 min. - especially at the very end of a park day.

I've never park hopped before so I've never really paid attention to whether or not they were there. I guess with all the talk lately about the express bus I just assumed there weren't regular buses between parks. I'm happy to hear that I am wrong since we will have hoppers for the first time. Thanks for letting me know!

the difference between the buses is that with the express bus you wouldn't have to wait to go through bag check/ticket turnstile but would have to do that if just taking the park-to-park bus. that is basically why you are paying for express

I vote for the walking too. we stay in the Epcot area and only take the boats if it is raining out. I always find them hot and slow for me, but I work in NYC so I'd rather be moving then sitting still waiting at each resort (if my subway is at a stop too long I will also hop off and walk it so I'm not the best judge)

but as someone else said see how you feel once there, if the boat doesn't look too bad then head over, or see how the buses are. you have to pass where the bus stop is if you want to walk so you can judge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter