Getting from Hollywood Studios from Epcot? After Fantasmic

Vicky9207

Earning My Ears
Hey :) Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice, Going to be in Hollywood studios on the 15th August was wondering after Fantasmic is it possible to transfer to Epcot for EMH 9-11pm? Will it be extremely hard to get a bus, read about a Friendship boats (first time going to Disney from a child), and then the Express transport? Is it possible and what would be the best option. Thank You.

Thank you for your reply. Do you think the boat would be very busy as I have to wait until Fantasmic is over before getting to the boat?

If you don't want to pay for express transportation and you're not driving yourself, then next best option would be walking.

It's an easy 15 min walk and it'll be quicker than the boat and the bus.

Wow, Thank you for the replies and so quickly. I don't mind paying for Express Transportation if I need to. Silly question but is it a walk way? That is lit up etc. Would you say the Express would be a better option? As in Faster? Does the Express transportation need to be booked in advance?

Wow, Thank you for the replies and so quickly. I don't mind paying for Express Transportation if I need to. Silly question but is it a walk way? That is lit up etc. Would you say the Express would be a better option?
It is a paved and well lit walk way that goes along the waterway. It goes in front of the Boardwalk and then over the bridge to the International Gateway. You can save some steps and time by taking the shortcut past the Clown Pool. But the walk is at least 20 to 25 minutes - about 1-1/2 miles.

The boats get crowded and you may have to wait for the second one. The boat takes alomst 1/2 hour to go from DHS to Epcot since it stops three times at the Epcot resort boat docks before it gets to the International Gateway. It is almost always faster to walk.

Im not sure if I could walk that far after a full day in the park haha. Do you think the Express bus would be a better bet? Thank you

It is a nice, scenic walk along the canal and through the Boardwalk. If 1 1/4 miles extra walking is too much for your group then you may want to look into bus or boat transportation. Although during a show dump the lines will likely be quite long.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your reply. Is there a way to find out before I go what times the Express Bus runs. Sorry this has turned into hundred and one questions.

Im not sure if I could walk that far after a full day in the park haha. Do you think the Express bus would be a better bet? Thank you
I don't think the Express Bus to Epcot would be operational at that time. Reports say that it doesn't run to parks that are having EMH, which Epcot would be having by 9:30.

We always walk it, it's quicker than the boat and frankly, not that much of a big deal. You could also hop on the boat and get off at any of the stops and finish up walking, we have been known to do that if the boat is right at the dock when we get there, we will get off at YC and walk from there.

Isn't there a bus that goes from DHS to the front of Epcot? Would it be running during EMH?

Thank you very much for your reply. Is there a way to find out before I go what times the Express Bus runs. Sorry this has turned into hundred and one questions.

The express bus will NOT be running to EP for EMH; it only goes to parks during regular hours.

What about uber or Lyft from HS to Boardwalk or Yacht Club, then walk. Would that be faster than boat?

The regular bus will be running, Fromm DHS to the front of Epcot. The walk is easy...I do it in less than 15 mins, but I tend to walk at a fast pace. As far as how safe it is? I've walked it at 1:30am, by myself...DHS to BW. No issues at all.

What about uber or Lyft from HS to Boardwalk or Yacht Club, then walk. Would that be faster than boat?
If you Uber you might as well Uber to the front of Epcot

I'd still walk though. It's not far and it's an easy 15 min walk at a casual place

If you Uber you might as well Uber to the front of Epcot

I'd still walk though. It's not far and it's an easy 15 min walk at a casual place

It's 1.1 miles, if you cut through the BW pool. Doing over a mile in 15 minutes may be a "casual pace" for you, but not for most people.

I do think it's a lovely walk, and probably will take the least time (even at 20-25 minutes) than any other option.

I assume since you are heading for EMH you plan to do stuff in FW. About the only thing to do in WS is FEA.
If that is correct and you are heading to FW I'd nix walking. Yes, it's about a mile from HS to Epcot. And it's not a bad walk at all. We've done it several times. Rarely at the end of a day though, when we are pretty tired and have about 12 miles already on our feet. And that's to IG. It's still a pretty far walk from IG to FW.
Just go ahead and plan to grab the HS to Epcot bus or call for a Lyft from HS to Epcot Front Gate, whichever suits you. Calling for Lyft should be faster

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter