Getting from Hollywood Studios from Epcot? After Fantasmic

We always walk it. Even with a 9 year old in tow. It's really an easy walk and at that time so much easier than the crowded boats. If you need a quick stop, rest on the benches around the boardwalk.

I will add, we do a TS dinner meal so we do have some down time. If you're go go go go all day the walk may not be for you.

It is a paved and well lit walk way that goes along the waterway. It goes in front of the Boardwalk and then over the bridge to the International Gateway. You can save some steps and time by taking the shortcut past the Clown Pool. But the walk is at least 20 to 25 minutes - about 1-1/2 miles.

The boats get crowded and you may have to wait for the second one. The boat takes alomst 1/2 hour to go from DHS to Epcot since it stops three times at the Epcot resort boat docks before it gets to the International Gateway. It is almost always faster to walk.
Gates were closed the last time we went so no short cut open.

I would use uber or lyft. The cars pick up at the taxi stand past the buses. We did this one night after the Star Wars fireworks. The boats were SO crowded and we just couldn't walk it after being in the parks so long. It cost about $5.

I assume since you are heading for EMH you plan to do stuff in FW. About the only thing to do in WS is FEA.
If that is correct and you are heading to FW I'd nix walking. Yes, it's about a mile from HS to Epcot. And it's not a bad walk at all. We've done it several times. Rarely at the end of a day though, when we are pretty tired and have about 12 miles already on our feet. And that's to IG. It's still a pretty far walk from IG to FW.

Depends where in Future World, though. To Spaceship Earth there is a significant difference. But if the OP is going to Test Track, for instance, it is a 0.5 mile walk from IG to Spaceship Earth. It is 0.4 miles from the taxi stand. So not much difference.

Depends where in Future World, though. To Spaceship Earth there is a significant difference. But if the OP is going to Test Track, for instance, it is a 0.5 mile walk from IG to Spaceship Earth. It is 0.4 miles from the taxi stand. So not much difference.

Well yeah, but if they walk from DHS to IG, vs. ride a taxi/Uber/bus to the taxi stand/bus stop....

You could do what my family does when my husband is with us--sit near the top of the Fantasmic stadium and hightail it to the boat once you see the showboats ready to come out.

You'll miss the end of Fantasmic, but you'll make the first boat to Epcot and if you've seen F! before, missing the end may not matter to you.

We always look to see if a boat is at the dock and try to judge if we'd get on.... lines will get long fast after F!. If we can make it to the boat, we always get off at the Swan - Dolphin and walk to the Boardwalk side, past Boardwalk across the bridge to the IG. The longest part of the boat ride from HS to Epcot are all the stops! But the quick ride from HS to Swan probably knocks off about half a mile of walking and you will get a quick rest, then it's a real quick walk to IG.

They can ride the boat from DHS to the IG.

Of course they can. But much of this thread has been encouraging them to walk due to the boats being so full. If they don't want to walk (and I don't blame them if they've been in parks all day) then taking Uber/taxi/bus to front of Epcot for EMH in FW might be more time-efficient. Which was their initial question, right?

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but just wanted to make sure you are aware of the timing at play here. Fantasmic starts at 9:00 and lasts almost 30 minutes. With everyone leaving the park at that time, it could easily take 15 plus minutes to get to the front of the park, then at least 15-30 minutes getting to EPCOT, depending on the mode of transportation that you select. So, you could have less than an hour at EPCOT for EMH. That is still plenty of time to do a few things, though, but is something to think about.

If you can walk 1.1 miles in 10 minutes, I don't want to try to keep up with you! But it IS a lovely walk.
New Yorkers are taught to walk fast at an early age. Sink or swim, my mom always said! haha!!! In all seriousness, I see what you're saying though :)

Thank you very much for every reply, so that express transport out. Thinking the walk around be an experience in a way, Ive a 9 year old son so i think he would love to see the BW pool Im a correct thats the one with the clown pool? I never thought about an Uber that could be a possibility if we wouldn't face the walk. If you were going to the boat that connects the two parks or the buses would you say wait time would be similar? Thank you for everyones opinions, Think i might get an Uber but if me and my family are up for it might walk would be nice to experience the walk.

Thank you very much for every reply, so that express transport out. Thinking the walk around be an experience in a way, Ive a 9 year old son so i think he would love to see the BW pool Im a correct thats the one with the clown pool? I never thought about an Uber that could be a possibility if we wouldn't face the walk. If you were going to the boat that connects the two parks or the buses would you say wait time would be similar? Thank you for everyones opinions, Think i might get an Uber but if me and my family are up for it might walk would be nice to experience the walk.
The waits are probably similar. Boat could have more people waiting since probably fewer people heading to Epcot than to the resorts at closing, but that's just my guess.
If it were me I'd probably play it by ear on how we felt at the moment.
If we felt energetic I'd walk
If not,
first, I'd look over at the boat launch and judge the line and see if there is a boat there, just leaving or if I can see one coming around the bend. If it looks like you can get on the next boat (line not past the end of the ramp) then get on and ride.
second, decide if you want to head to call for Uber/Lyft or try for a bus. We typically opt for Lyft/Uber for sake of time since we never know how long a bus can take and a car is almost always faster by a considerable amount. You can see how long a wait there is for a car on the app and if it's excessive just go on and head to the bus stop instead.

The regular bus will be running, Fromm DHS to the front of Epcot. The walk is easy...I do it in less than 15 mins, but I tend to walk at a fast pace. As far as how safe it is? I've walked it at 1:30am, by myself...DHS to BW. No issues at all.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I thought only express buses go from park to park. Are there regular buses that do this too?

Yes, they always have. It's actually rather interesting how many people never knew that.

I've never park hopped before so I've never really paid attention to whether or not they were there. I guess with all the talk lately about the express bus I just assumed there weren't regular buses between parks. I'm happy to hear that I am wrong since we will have hoppers for the first time. Thanks for letting me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!