Geriatric MM Warriors!

I'm going to the fancy market to get breakfast foods for realtors in my company touring my new listing tomorrow. Temptation will abound, but I am strong in my resolve! It really helps me to have a foods list and numbers to follow because I can keep it black and white on this WOE. If I were to allow myself a few of something, I'm afraid I'd get the proportions all wrong again so I like how Diane has this planned out for us!:banana:

:thumbsup2 You are an inspiration!

Lisa, I know how you feel about having your son sick and away from home. I'm glad your's is okay. My oldest son is at UCLA and called last Wed to tell me he was really sick. I, too, was ready to pack it in and head to LA but he told me his girlfriend was coming over and taking care of him. He was in bed for 4 days with a high temp. I sure hope it was the swine flu. Then he's done with it. No worries!

Kate, I would have loved to see the Lobster smilies. Too bad they didn"t copy over! Also, your crockpot creation sounds yummy. We go thru spells here of having lots of India food, making ourselves sick and then laying off it for months. I have a family that likes hot things and I am the resident wimp so all of our food is never spicey enough for them.

We are all just becoming queens of the crockpot! I, too, have something cooking in there as we speak. It's been so hot and humid here (I know I shouldn't complain as Daniele and Sharon are in Florida) that I didn't want to turn on the stove or oven. It feels like the ocean breeze is starting to come in this afternoon though, and cool things off. I'm am soooo ready to wear pants and sweaters and get bundled up instead of laying in bed at night with a spray bottle of water and a fan.

Does anyone know what's up with daylight savings time? It usually happens the weekend before Halloween...did it get done away with? I know there's been talk of that, but am not sure if it happened. We only have 1 tv station and I don't turn it on much so I'm not up on too many things.

November 1st this year for daylight savings. We will "fall back" an hour.

I know what you mean about the fan at night, last night I actually got up and opened the window in our bedroom. DH groaned as he likes the room warmer than I do but he knows better than to mess with me on the issue! I hate being hot in bed! I usually throw all of the covers on him and then start grabbing them back in the middle of the night.

I am just dreading the first time my daugther gets sick now that she is away at college. I have already wondered about how sick she will have to be before I jump on a plane? She sent me an email this morning and said that she is managing her time well enough that she hasn't had to "pull an all nighter" yet studying. She said she loves her sleep too much. ;) That should help her stay healthy. Plus, she eats pretty healthy. I just worry with that dorm living that the germs are just EVERYWHERE.

Nell - does your brother have any trouble finding shoes? My girlfriend's son is 6'4" and his feet are so big that he has a hard time finding shoes. He had to have snowboard boots custom made!

Hi guys. Just a busy day today. Love monday. Had a dr. apt. about my allergies. So I have to use flonase and claratin. Hope it helps. My ear is bothering me yet again, but thankfully not infected.

We change our clocks on Nov. 1 (Sunday at 2am), I just looked it up. So don't forget everyone! I'll try to remind everyone Sat. before we all sign off for the night. I usually just change the bedroom one, and the rest when I get up in the morning.

Lisa, congrats on the pants. I also think you'll surprise yourself.

Well, off to get a nice hot shower, then to bed.

Still trying to do my FlyLady. No dishes in my sink the last 3 days!! That is a major accomplishment at this house! I even got ready for work, make up and all! I usually don't wear makeup as I just more or less sweat it off. Seams like a waste of money to me.

Have a great evening everyone and sweet dreams!!

Just a question for the Florida folk - I know a few of us talked briefly about a meet for lunch/brunch one weekend when I returned from Colorado....anyone up for the planning stages?

Let me know - sure could use some fun!

Sunnee :goodvibes

Sunnee - wishing I was close enough to Florida to get together! Speaking of Colorado, how is your mother?

November 1st this year for daylight savings. We will "fall back" an hour.

I know what you mean about the fan at night, last night I actually got up and opened the window in our bedroom. DH groaned as he likes the room warmer than I do but he knows better than to mess with me on the issue! I hate being hot in bed! I usually throw all of the covers on him and then start grabbing them back in the middle of the night.

I am just dreading the first time my daugther gets sick now that she is away at college. I have already wondered about how sick she will have to be before I jump on a plane? She sent me an email this morning and said that she is managing her time well enough that she hasn't had to "pull an all nighter" yet studying. She said she loves her sleep too much. ;) That should help her stay healthy. Plus, she eats pretty healthy. I just worry with that dorm living that the germs are just EVERYWHERE.

Kate: It's soooo hard when they are sick. Once John-Paul had the flu so bad he couldn't walk and I asked his cousin to take him some chicken soup. This vegan cousin brought him corn chowder! Is there anything closer to vomit?? I laughed so hard. I hope your daughter stays healthy, too!

I made a yummy crockpot creation this weekend. Well, I think so anyway. I put in frozen chicken tenders (about 10) and poured a can of roasted tomatoes on top. I let everything cook until the chicken was mostly cooked and then I added some tikka masala (I bought it at one of the high-end grocery stores in our area), thawed frozed spinach and bag of frozen cauliflower! It was yummy. I know that I am having for lunch and dinner for the next day or two. DH isn't wild about because he doesn't care for Indian spices. Once it is gone, will probably never cook it again because I will be so sick of it! :rotfl: The Tikka Masala didn't have any sugar. It did have cream but I didn't it seem like that much.

Love tikka masala--do you remember the brand name?

Hi guys. Just a busy day today. Love monday. Had a dr. apt. about my allergies. So I have to use flonase and claratin. Hope it helps. My ear is bothering me yet again, but thankfully not infected.

We change our clocks on Nov. 1 (Sunday at 2am), I just looked it up. So don't forget everyone! I'll try to remind everyone Sat. before we all sign off for the night. I usually just change the bedroom one, and the rest when I get up in the morning.

Lisa, congrats on the pants. I also think you'll surprise yourself.

Well, off to get a nice hot shower, then to bed.

Still trying to do my FlyLady. No dishes in my sink the last 3 days!! That is a major accomplishment at this house! I even got ready for work, make up and all! I usually don't wear makeup as I just more or less sweat it off. Seams like a waste of money to me.

Have a great evening everyone and sweet dreams!!

Hi Kathy - I take claratin too. The doctor prescribed flonase too, but I don't like nasal sprays. The claratin works wonders. My sink is shiny too! I can't seem to put my shoes on though. I don't know how I did it, but in between my working today, I did 6 loads of laundry! :laundy:

Hope you are having a nice night!

Just a question for the Florida folk - I know a few of us talked briefly about a meet for lunch/brunch one weekend when I returned from Colorado....anyone up for the planning stages?

Let me know - sure could use some fun!

Sunnee :goodvibes

I don't drive, so it's going to be hard for me at this point to plan. There's a lot going on with my parents coming next month too. It would be great to meet people though! :)

Nell - does your brother have any trouble finding shoes? My girlfriend's son is 6'4" and his feet are so big that he has a hard time finding shoes. He had to have snowboard boots custom made!

Yes, he's been wearing a size 15 since he was in his mid teens. It's really hard for him to find any. He usually just wears sneakers. One year I special ordered him slippers from King size and he was so excited to have slippers, lol. He didn't know they made them.

I'm going to the fancy market to get breakfast foods for realtors in my company touring my new listing tomorrow. Temptation will abound, but I am strong in my resolve! It really helps me to have a foods list and numbers to follow because I can keep it black and white on this WOE. If I were to allow myself a few of something, I'm afraid I'd get the proportions all wrong again so I like how Diane has this planned out for us!:banana:

Good for you Lisa! I know you'll do fine!

Ok, I have half the sink clean. Does that count? :lmao: I keep meaning to get it cleaned out but every time I turn around I have more dishes that have to be soaked for a while before they will come clean. Has anyone else noticed that there is a great deal on cooking to do while eating right?

I didn't realize we were so close to the end of the month. I need to call my doctor to get a lab slip. I could be moving to step two if the labs come back right! :banana::banana::banana:

Everyone pray that Ken is having a safe flight home. Pony is waiting for him today. :)

OK, so I will e-mail Melanie the directions for her and her mom to get here!

Kate and Lisa - OK, you got me again...what the HECK is Tikka Masala? sounds like some weirdo umbrella drink!!

Pam - come join the workout crew, I feel so GREAT since I started...except for the days I overdo and feel like I need a mack truck to haul my sore fat butt out of the bed! LOL:rotfl:

Carol - good job with using the crockpot...we are all going to be crockpot queens! I guess that means we will be taking them along on the Godiva Ride!!!

Happy Birthday Natalie!!!:banana:

BTW - noticed a post from Diane W on the new MESS, oops, I mean the new thread, hee hee, saying she wonders where Lisa and Pony are and that she thinks things are messed up there and I just wondered if you thought she was another one to invite over? She always seemed down to earth to me...Please vote and let me know!!!

Kathy - check your PM please!!

Heading to the gym...check in later

Ken is not heading home until the weekend, hopefully no later, depends on how his meetings go! Did I mention that I miss him?? :sad1::sad1::sad1:

OK, so I will e-mail Melanie the directions for her and her mom to get here!

Kate and Lisa - OK, you got me again...what the HECK is Tikka Masala? sounds like some weirdo umbrella drink!!

Pam - come join the workout crew, I feel so GREAT since I started...except for the days I overdo and feel like I need a mack truck to haul my sore fat butt out of the bed! LOL:rotfl:

Carol - good job with using the crockpot...we are all going to be crockpot queens! I guess that means we will be taking them along on the Godiva Ride!!!

Happy Birthday Natalie!!!:banana:

BTW - noticed a post from Diane W on the new MESS, oops, I mean the new thread, hee hee, saying she wonders where Lisa and Pony are and that she thinks things are messed up there and I just wondered if you thought she was another one to invite over? She always seemed down to earth to me...Please vote and let me know!!!

Kathy - check your PM please!!

Heading to the gym...check in later

Ken is not heading home until the weekend, hopefully no later, depends on how his meetings go! Did I mention that I miss him?? :sad1::sad1::sad1:

Sorry Pony! I thought he was on his way home today. :sad2: I didn't mean to remind you that it was going to be that long. Well, if we start praying now he'll fly like cloud puffs are holding him up! :cloud9:

Sunnee - wishing I was close enough to Florida to get together! Speaking of Colorado, how is your mother?

Thanks for asking Kater, she is doing great. :woohoo: She is still rockin' with the MM step 1 - I believe she has 2 more weeks and she goes to her GP on Nov 2nd and will have blood work done. Can't wait to see what her doc says! :banana:

Wish I was still out there...the weather is gorgeous there!

Sunnee

thanks for the birthday wishes!

Pony--praying for Ken to come home safely this weekend and for the time to fly by for you both till then!

Leaving Saturday for Florida--getting my errands run the next couple days and packing. I dislike planes but my husband upgraded to first class so I think I will manage!! (still, my stomach is turning when I think about it!!:sad2:) But we will be seeing :mickeyjum:tigger::donald::dumbo:pluto:::MinnieMo:goofy::eeyore:pooh: the whole gang!!!

good night all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter