GayDays 2011

My kids want to know if they can have the orange concoction at the Dole Whip meet (if we go)? I personally think it's sac-religious but it's their vacation too.

When I told the kids we were going to be there for Gay Days and it was like a giant party DD's first reaction. I'm not telling E (her BFF) 'cause she'll be jealous! (E also has 2 moms)

I think my attendance is becomming more and more likely...just got a new job with an airline so since it isn't during school holidays or anything like that I *should* be able to get us some cheap last minute flights...but I wont know until the week before which does suck!

I think my attendance is becomming more and more likely...just got a new job with an airline so since it isn't during school holidays or anything like that I *should* be able to get us some cheap last minute flights...but I wont know until the week before which does suck!

WOOHOO more UK Peeps!!! Hope you get the flights you need

Jim n Daz

Have a great time this year guys!
Can't wait til they announce the 2012 dates because I'm hoping to go with my two best friends. It'll be our first gaydays! :)

LOL he has one for the SLR.. he'll just be Mr Grump :headache:

So we may extend our stay by one day at the end and possibly one day at the beginning.

More days are goooood! :banana:

My kids want to know if they can have the orange concoction at the Dole Whip meet (if we go)? I personally think it's sac-religious but it's their vacation too.

When I told the kids we were going to be there for Gay Days and it was like a giant party DD's first reaction. I'm not telling E (her BFF) 'cause she'll be jealous! (E also has 2 moms)

DS only eats vanilla ice cream. I can't remember if he had vanilla last year, or just a soda. Darn uncooperative kids. :rolleyes:

This all came up as we had the EXCEL file up that has our Master Plan. Which parks we're going to which days, what specials there are (Fantasmic, Illuminations, Gay Days etc.) and our ADRs. So we've now added a tab to the file. Each of us gets to pick 2 must do's in each park. We always talk about it but now it's going on "the plan". We also get to pick "don't want to dos" but if it's on someone's "must do" then too bad for you, suck it up and deal. This applies to things like Carousel of Progress (DP's favorite) and not to for example Expedition Everest (if you're afraid, you don't have to go, except for me, I have to suck it up and deal if the kids want to go, but I always love it in the end:goodvibes) or to DP on any ride where you get wet, she doesn't do Splash or Kali.

Have a great time this year guys!
Can't wait til they announce the 2012 dates because I'm hoping to go with my two best friends. It'll be our first gaydays! :)

The first Saturday in June of 2012 is June 2nd, so that will be gayday.

The events normally start the Wednesday before, so they should start on May 30th or so.

The first Saturday in June of 2012 is June 2nd, so that will be gayday.

The events normally start the Wednesday before, so they should start on May 30th or so.

thanks a lot! :) i'm a total newbie here. hopefully we'll be able to swing it so that we can go!

Just ordered my tickets from AirMiles today -- gotta love 'free' tickets bought on points. The clock is ticking down for certain; hard to believe considering I booked right at the 11 mos mark for DVC and back then it seemed like there was an eternity to wait.

I'm getting a group from Key West ready to go for Gay Days! I've got my airline tickets, time off work, now for reservations. :surfweb:

woohoo i cant wait for my mini vacation...my question is, how do we find people on this board that are also gong to go and how do we meet up with one another? got my tickets and looking forward to a wonderful mini vacation :)

We will be the ones in the red tshirts - oh wait a minute - thats not gonna work!!!:rotfl:

woohoo i cant wait for my mini vacation...my question is, how do we find people on this board that are also gong to go and how do we meet up with one another? got my tickets and looking forward to a wonderful mini vacation :)
Go to the first post in this thread, there are list of some DISMeets happening during Gay Days

Just posting to see my ticker. :rolleyes1

Our plans may be completely trashed, but we'll have to wait and see. The ice storm has caused the schools to be closed far beyond the number of inclement weather days built into the calendar. DS can't miss his final exams, and I am willing to bet if they add days to the school year they will delay exams until those last days so kids CAN'T be absent. Sigh. :sad2:

Just posting to see my ticker. :rolleyes1

Our plans may be completely trashed, but we'll have to wait and see. The ice storm has caused the schools to be closed far beyond the number of inclement weather days built into the calendar. DS can't miss his final exams, and I am willing to bet if they add days to the school year they will delay exams until those last days so kids CAN'T be absent. Sigh. :sad2:

I suppose leaving him home with a neighbor while he's taking exams and you're having fun in Disney is not an option, huh? :goodvibes

We here on the boards could start a letter writing campaign to your district (it's only like 1m kids right) and tell them they can't schedule Exams during your vactaion.

I suppose leaving him home with a neighbor while he's taking exams and you're having fun in Disney is not an option, huh? :goodvibes

We here on the boards could start a letter writing campaign to your district (it's only like 1m kids right) and tell them they can't schedule Exams during your vactaion.

It's 157,000 kids. 14th largest district in the nation.

We got 5 inches of snow last night. That's on top of the ice we already had. The district has yet to issue an official statement, which chaps my tush. A lot of the other districts have said they will seek waivers for the extra days, but our district is apparently still thinking it over. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter