GayDays 2011

Am moving to Orlando area in the next month. This year will be our first GD. My partner has never been to Disneyworld and I am SO excited to drag her along. Are there any other parents out there who would like to get together, maybe for lunch, so we can start to make new friends?

Depending on the day, I would LOVE to get together.

I have quite a few ADR's already though, so unless it either matchs what I have, or is one of the empty spots, then i may not be able to meet for a meal.

these are our ADR:

Wed. June 1st:
9:05am breakfast @ Cape May Café
2:05pm Lunch in park @ The Crystal Palace

Thrusday, june 2ed:
12:55pm lunch in park @ Hollywood and Vine
7:50pm dinner @ Chef Mickey's

Friday, june 3rd:
Dinner off property @ kobe's. (This is a tradition of my friends and I's)

Saterday, june 4th:
10:05am walk across the breezeway to have breakfast @ Cinderella's Royal Table

those are our ADR's.... so yeah, anyone else going to be at these places the same time? Or maybe we can meet up at another time and place?

so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

I was able to get a 2:05 reservation at the Crystal Palace on the 1st!!

I am so excited to be able to go this year! Once I get this moving stuff out of the way it will be better though.

I'm trying to plan a cruise for August sometime on the Dream, anyone else out there planning on cruising around then?

I was able to get a 2:05 reservation at the Crystal Palace on the 1st!!

I am so excited to be able to go this year!

My DD and I will TOTALLY see you there then! :cool1:

I am also so excited about going this year!

I just can't stop using !!!!!!! :cheer2:

I think I am more excited than my DD at this point. It is too far away for her to get excited.

I also think because last year we could only afford *one day* in a park (which of course was MK on sat.) she thinks we are doing the mad dash again. In a way we are, but more of an extended version, with food actually being planned. :rotfl:

Hey Ruthless and Singledad, I've added you to the first post in this thread :) Check out the events..

Other peeps -- do you know what time Drink Around the World starts on the Epcot day? :)

Hey Ruthless and Singledad, I've added you to the first post in this thread :) Check out the events..

Other peeps -- do you know what time Drink Around the World starts on the Epcot day? :)

High noon in Mexico?

Oh, and the AKL Victoria Falls meet is FRIDAY night, not Thursday. :)

Does anybody know if this is happening --let me know as I'll put it onto the first page :) I've cleaned up the first page so it reads (I hope) a lot easier now :)

Can you put the Dawa meet on the list for Thursday June 2 @ 2:00p.m.?

Okay, I feel silly asking this, since everyone else seems to just *know*.. but what is the " Dis Dole Whip Meet in memory of Rob and Bruce " ? Where is it? it that open to everyone? and is it open for us to bring our kids to as well, or adult only?
:rolleyes1

sorry I am a bit of a noob about the traditions, but would love to join in anything I can. (but I am also a single parent, so my kid would have to come along. I'm not big with leaving her with strangers.)

Okay, I feel silly asking this, since everyone else seems to just *know*.. but what is the " Dis Dole Whip Meet in memory of Rob and Bruce " ? Where is it? it that open to everyone? and is it open for us to bring our kids to as well, or adult only?
:rolleyes1

sorry I am a bit of a noob about the traditions, but would love to join in anything I can. (but I am also a single parent, so my kid would have to come along. I'm not big with leaving her with strangers.)
The Dole Whip Meet is a meet up at Aloha Isle (for Dole Whips) and everyone is welcome, including kids. This year it is being held in memory of Rob (rpmdfw) who passed away a couple of weeks ago and Bruce, partner to Bob (rbthntschl) who also passed away within the past year.

The first post of this thread lists the various meets that DIS folks from the gay board have set up. There's a group of about 20 that are meeting for Breakfast at Crystal Palace on the MK Gay Day (June 4) at 8:05. Our 2 children DD (11) and DS(8) will be with us and I believe a couple of other children as well.

The Dole Whip Meet is a meet up at Aloha Isle (for Dole Whips) and everyone is welcome, including kids.

I ended up googling aloha isle + WDW and found it. we will try to be there!

The first post of this thread lists the various meets that DIS folks from the gay board have set up. There's a group of about 20 that are meeting for Breakfast at Crystal Palace on the MK Gay Day (June 4) at 8:05. Our 2 children DD (11) and DS(8) will be with us and I believe a couple of other children as well.

Yeah, I been reading about the meets, have one that isn't on the front page yet (2:05pm Lunch in park @ The Crystal Palace on June 1st)

Alas, we will not be there for breakfast that morning, as we have seats in the castle for breakfast (at 10:05am).

I guess I just don't know where most these places are. (I am not savvy with abbv. getting better, but they are hard for me to remember them all.) Plus, not sure what is or isn't kid approved meets. :confused3

thanks for explaining the dole whip thing. :thumbsup2

I ended up googling aloha isle + WDW and found it. we will try to be there!

Yeah, I been reading about the meets, have one that isn't on the front page yet (2:05pm Lunch in park @ The Crystal Palace on June 1st)

Alas, we will not be there for breakfast that morning, as we have seats in the castle for breakfast (at 10:05am).

I guess I just don't know where most these places are. (I am not savvy with abbv. getting better, but they are hard for me to remember them all.) Plus, not sure what is or isn't kid approved meets. :confused3

thanks for explaining the dole whip thing. :thumbsup2

I wouldn't bring the kids to the bar meets. Friday there is a meet at Victoria Falls, the bar at Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL). You could have your daughter go to one of the kid clubs. There is one right at AKL, so she would be nearby. I would suggest making a reservation before you go (Just like you would an ADR) My kids love them. It's about $11.25 per hour and well worth it (IMHO) just a thought.

If you haven't already you may want to look through the family board. There's lots of information about traveling with kids there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter