Gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney must not know that part of business yet 😂

I kid. But they are expensive
Except when supply keeps decreasing. Airlines can keep decreasing flights, lay off people and keep airfare high. As far as Disney is concerned I don't know. In the past, they've offered deep discounts to keep things full. I would think that would be the same plan. They are so overpriced they have some wiggle room. I think will see a lot of businesses fold due to lack of demand. Everyone I know is cutting back on eating out.

So you agree that it would be a positive for this country if oil went to $250 a barrel? I doubt it will happen though. People will adjust and drive less. Demand would collapse along with prices. Inflation is actually a good thing as it will lower demand.
No, I don’t agree it would be positive, it would be all the worst parts of the Bible. However, if something isn’t done to to change the supply / demand that we are currently subjected to. I could see 200 plus a barrel this summer, If something doesn’t change on one or both sides of the equation.

At 250 a barrel, the will see people this winter that can’t afford to eat and can’t afford to heat there homes. I‘m not only talking about low income families, either. At 250 a barrel home heating oil would cost the average family $24,000 dollars next winter. No one in their right mind should think that is good for this country.

I have not read the whole thread but around my parts, people are blaming Biden, the pandemic, job shortages and no one is pointing a finger at the oil companies. Last year they recorded a record year and posted a $174 BILLION profit for 2021 and are on course to almost double that for 2022. Their 1st QTR reports just came out and they had a (you guessed it) record profit QTR. Are they putting it to produce more oil, well Shell isn't. They are using the profits to buy back their stocks. The oil company has the country right where they want it, high demand and they now can control the majority of the supply, now that Russia is out of the picture. I have tried to explain to some of my friends that this is the very reason that the US buys oil from other countries, it's just a lot cheaper then dealing with the US oil companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter