Gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think every one is going to die, I don’t care weather not Chinese port we’re closed,
“Anyone who is a student of history knows that since the beginning of time every empire has collapsed and things run in cycles. The US will be no different.”

and I think that statement is pretty deep, way to deep, for a Disney themed chat.

and if it truly is a community board and I can discuss anything I want. Then we’ll I did!

As far as why I think diesel prices are so high, go do you home work

There are a zillion threads on this board though....that have absolutely nothing to do with Disney. It's why a lot of us hang out here to be honest. Most threads are lighthearted, but not all. The other poster's comments may be deep, fringe...etc. But they're not out of bounds as far as I can see, even if I don't agree with them.

There are a zillion threads on this board though....that have absolutely nothing to do with Disney. It's why a lot of us hang out here to be honest. Most threads are lighthearted, but not all. The other poster's comments may be deep, fringe...etc. But they're not out of bounds as far as I can see, even if I don't agree with them.
I didn’t report him,
I just stated my opinion that it was way to deep for a Disney themed board. Is my opinion somehow not allowed?

Yes, didn’t you say you didn’t believe them that were ports were closed?
I have a hard time believing it’s Covid. What’s going on in China is bizarre. I cant wrap my brain around what their intentions are. Is it contributing to inflation yes, so are the sanctions, and so is the war.

I didn’t report him,
I just stated my opinion that it was way to deep for a Disney themed board. Is my opinion somehow not allowed?

I didn't say that you reported him....or that your opinion isn't allowed. I'm off to do something important....catch the premier of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills on bravo....which will be a welcome distraction from the news. Have a good night all. :).

My bringing up history and cycles may be deep, but certainly not fringe. It is after all just history. The thread of war is actually pretty mainstream just turn on the nightly news. It’s about all they talk about these days. Opinions may vary on the who or why. No one has on this forum has explained to me how this all works itself out and we all live all live happily ever after in peace. How are these supply chain issues resolved? How is oil not going to 250 a gallon? I would love an optimistic theory that made sense.

My statement was it was way to deep. If you agree it was deep then 🤷‍♂️ Why are you making my point for me?

I’m sorry I didn’t realize Disboards was the newest CNN.

How is oil not going to 250 dollars a barrel? Well there is an election in nov. and a possible pair of impeachments in January. That s pretty optimistic
?

Last edited:
Addressed by "if you follow the guidelines..."
There is only one poster that keeps getting political. I'm asking this sincerely because I don't post on the community board very often. I know Covid and Politics are not allowed. Are we allowed to discuss geopolitical events, inflation, economics, and the markets without getting political? I know there's a fine line that's hard not to cross.

Paid $5.49 today in Anaheim.

Hold on, am I in the right thread?

Anyone who is a student of history knows that since the beginning of time every empire has collapsed and things run in cycles. The US will be no different. Over the next 15 years, I expect to see a shift in economic power from the west to the east with some kind of world war taking place probably starting in 2 to 3 years. We're already in an economic war. I don't for one second think the ports in China were shut down due to covid. To people hoping for a regime change in Russia, I would say be careful what you wish for. It's an interesting time period to be alive.
Did you read Ray Dalio’s new book? I didn’t but plan to. I did watch the video he put out that summarizes his theories and it’s both fascinating and chilling. What a time to be alive indeed.
FWIW, I don’t think it’s too deep for this board whatever that means. It’s interesting and relevant stuff.

I would not want to be living in any inner city over the next couple of years.

Why the inner city on the West Coast is where the upper income residents live. The lower income residents have been forced to move to the suburbs in search of cheaper housing.

Why the inner city on the West Coast is where the upper income residents live. The lower income residents have been forced to move to the suburbs in search of cheaper housing.
That's true in some cities in others not so much.

Did you read Ray Dalio’s new book? I didn’t but plan to. I did watch the video he put out that summarizes his theories and it’s both fascinating and chilling. What a time to be alive indeed.
FWIW, I don’t think it’s too deep for this board whatever that means. It’s interesting and relevant stuff.
No, but I'll check it out. I read everything. In 2003 I fell for the whole WMD thing hook, line, and sinker. Since then I've taken a step back and gotten away from looking at things politically. Despite everything I've learned over the last 20 years I continue to live my life to the fullest. I did during Covid and I will during this crisis. I can't wait to go to Europe this Summer. I just wish they'd drop that dang Covid test to get back to the US.

you Should go back and read my post for this morning, rather than cherry picking a question someone else, that I answered optimistically.
So you agree that it would be a positive for this country if oil went to $250 a barrel? I doubt it will happen though. People will adjust and drive less. Demand would collapse along with prices. Inflation is actually a good thing as it will lower demand.

So you agree that it would be a positive for this country if oil went to $250 a barrel? I doubt it will happen though. People will adjust and drive less. Demand would collapse along with prices. Inflation is actually a good thing as it will lower demand.
Nothing cures high prices like high prices. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter