FYI: DVC @ Contemporary Resort

Caskbill said:
I can't help but wonder if some of the CM's who might not be fully aware of what DVC is all about, might be confusing the construction of the new mini-suites rooms at the CR with DVC type rooms, and thinking those are part of DVC.

Uh oh, that makes sense too.

I hadn't heard about the mini-suites. What are they like and will there be lots of them?

Doctor P said:
Interesting, but I still will believe it when I see it. Thanks for sharing!
Me too.

But you can bet we'll be saving up every penny to buy a contract at CR DVC!!! I really don't think we'd buy an AKL DVC, though.

Caskbill said:
I can't help but wonder if some of the CM's who might not be fully aware of what DVC is all about, might be confusing the construction of the new mini-suites rooms at the CR with DVC type rooms, and thinking those are part of DVC.

Good point. I'm appalled that I've actually met CMs in the past who didn't know what Disney Vacation Club really was. Yikes!!!

CRSNDSNY said:
Good point. I'm appalled that I've actually met CMs in the past who didn't know what Disney Vacation Club really was. Yikes!!!
LOL. We're retired and so drive everywhere, thus we always have our own car. A few years ago at Disneyland, CA, someone noticed our license plate frame while we were staying at the GC. It says "Disney's DVC-OKW Member" on it. They thought it was some kind of a "Labor Union" membership.

DVC-OKW? ..... AFL-CIO?

I can see how they misread it, especially if they had never heard of DVC at all, and especially working at DL and not WDW.

I'm just holding on until I can pay cash for another add-on. If one or both evolve from rumor to truth I would split the 100 points "I need" between the two. I really like the 11 month booking window. Though it would be tempting to sell my BCV--but that walk to the park makes up for most of my dislikes. ;)

CRSNDSNY said:

LOL - we were going into Stitch in August and asked the CM at the fast pass entry something about the ride - his response - I don't know, I've never been in there before!

kathleena said:
LOL - we were going into Stitch in August and asked the CM at the fast pass entry something about the ride - his response - I don't know, I've never been in there before!

I wish I could say I hadn't been in there too! :rotfl2:

My dream contracts would be

100 points Villas at Wilderness Lodge (already have this one)
100 points Villas at Contemporary Resort
200 points Villas at Disnelyand

-Shawn

Sammie said:
the CM would have to be very naive not to realize Disney reads the boards. :rolleyes:
I'm not so sure about this! In July I was talking to a CM from DVC at one of the resorts. He was not aware of htese boards, which I told him he should look at, because I had more DVC info than he did. It seems the DVC info I get from these boards is usually more accurate thatn from MS!

Wow! After reading about all of the interest in a CRV for DVC, I ma wondering why? I have never really liked the CR-I never stayed just visited. Is it because of the monorail or are there other reasons?

Would it benefit Disney to have it be an option for DVC as opposed to mini-suites open to public instead of a regular room? I am not sure of the corporate/$ structure of this. Whereas it would benefit DVC, does benefit the overall Disney corp.?

it would definitely benefit the disney corp. - the money we spend goes to the bottom line.

they have definitely made money on DVC members.

I still want this rumor to be true!!! I would also like one at AKL plus Pop Century.

when I was there this last time - another CM (who I trust) was saying they may do one across the area from FW parking lot (in front of PO and OKW) - I don't Want that one. No WAY!!! that is one of my favorite places to look for deers at WDW. I really believed it was in the protected areas.

has anyone else noticed that Disney is building lakes. Is florida going to have another water shortage in the future?

nezy said:
I'm not so sure about this! In July I was talking to a CM from DVC at one of the resorts. He was not aware of htese boards, which I told him he should look at, because I had more DVC info than he did. It seems the DVC info I get from these boards is usually more accurate thatn from MS!

He might not read them, but he best realize Disney does read them.

Ok, my guide call me yesterday. I had a couple of questions for them. Disney does read these boards, and the CM mentioned by name did get into some trouble. I asked about a DVC on the monorail line, in particular the CR, and they said that it has not been decided. The guide said that it would be more likely to have one built on the ground where the Mediterranian, {sp}, was to be built. They also said that new Disney hotels were not in the works, but new DVC's were. They would not comment on where because they claim it has not been decided yet. They did say that the SSR would remain as the model, and that the decor would change as to what the new DVC rooms would look like. DVC is looking into meals plans as well, but they said that since DVC is a different division than the hotels, it would take some time. I am using they since I did not even want to specify the sex of my guide.

Patty3 said:
Ok, my guide call me yesterday. I had a couple of questions for them. Disney does read these boards, and the CM mentioned by name did get into some trouble.

It is unfortunate that despite the warnings and requests for the name to be removed, that it remained and caused difficulty for the CM.

:rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband:

If SSR were to be the model, I don't think I would be interested. I really prefer inside entrances. Just feel safer.

If it were to be built as a seperate stand alone resort, I know I wouldn't be interested. I like sharing the amentities of a deluxe hotel.

My guide was not referring to the exterior of any new DVC resorts. They were referring to the layout and decorating of the interior unit. Sorry, if that was not clear.

Patty3 said:
My guide was not referring to the exterior of any new DVC resorts. They were referring to the layout and decorating of the interior unit. Sorry, if that was not clear.

Oh, good. Sorry I misunderstood.

Isn't the interior of SSR like that of BCV and WL?

:badpc:
I'll never mention another name again...I never knew to what extent a
CM could catch trouble for info. Sorry, folks!
- aDVCguy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter