FYI: DVC @ Contemporary Resort

aDVCguy

"Have itch...MUST see Mouse!"
:cool1:
Just got off the phone (3:22p.m. est) with MS inquiring about an additional
day @ BWV...so, I asked..."is there going to be a DVC @ CR?" According to
a CM they said "YES!" As all of us through these boards have seen about rumours concerning CR, they told me that it is
most deffinitely the "Garden Wing." They also said it'll be awhile before it's
built. One note...they told me that an area near the AKL was sold recently
(wouldn't say who) and there would be a resort built next to it. NOT a DVC!
So, can anyone add to this info or back it up?
:sunny:

Interesting, but I still will believe it when I see it. Thanks for sharing!

Well, unless Myrtle sits in the board room, I'll still only believe it when I see it. Heck, even Eagle Pines was announced by DVC and had a big artist's rendering and everything, and that kind of evaporated, so who knows.

:teeth: IMHO, WHATZHERNAME is going to be in big trouble if her boss reads these boards. ;) I don't think the CMs are supposed to be spreading rumors - which I'm sure DVC defines as anything not officially announced.

Hope Myrtle's CR rumor turns out to be correct and her AKL rumor incorrect. I want to see DVC at the AKL - not another kind of resort. :)

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
:teeth: ...
Hope Myrtle's CR rumor turns out to be correct and her AKL rumor incorrect. I want to see DVC at the AKL - not another kind of resort. :)

Best wishes -

I agree with THAT sentiment!

Disney sold-off property near AKL to some other developer...that just doesn't make any sense at all. CR garden wings/DVC is still just a rumor, and in fact, if it were true, I should think that MS personnel could get into trouble for making any sort of announcement...since it would not be available until the states had approved any preliminary paperwork and public offering statements. Guides can not even talk to someone about a DVC property unless their state has already approved it, the law is very clear.

It seems to me that these are more than rumors. An Imagineer on the cruise, a MS CM, who else do we have in our files? :rotfl2: It seems to me that it is pretty open knowledge at this point. Just because Jim Lewis hasn't made an official announcement doesn't mean that plans aren't underway. And there are so many people in on it that I don't think we should assume that anyone talks about it is violating any confidentiality rules. I'm not counting boat drivers here though. ;)

But it is certainly true that plans can change as we all know from EP. But it sounds to me like it is just a matter of time until it is a fait accompli. Maybe it will be 6 months or 6 years but my money is now on CR eventually.

Chuck S said:
Disney sold-off property near AKL to some other developer...that just doesn't make any sense at all. CR garden wings/DVC is still just a rumor, and in fact, if it were true, I should think that MS personnel could get into trouble for making any sort of announcement...since it would not be available until the states had approved any preliminary paperwork and public offering statements. Guides can not even talk to someone about a DVC property unless their state has already approved it, the law is very clear.

Chuck, I'm not an attorney but I would think that laws that apply to guides don't apply to other CMs who may be in on knowledge but lack the ability to sell any property.

CarolMN said:
:teeth: IMHO, WHATZERNAME is going to be in big trouble if her boss reads these boards. ;)
I agree with that sentiment! :worried:

If a CM helps us out, we might do well to keep their names out of the conversation. We might want to go back and edit them out, folks. I know "No good deed goes unpunished," but I'd hate for someone to get in trouble at work for being nice to me.

The tower are the place to be at CR and I was also hoping for Villas at AKL instead of it going to another developer. I'm bummed if this is true.

JimMIA said:
I agree with that sentiment! :worried:

If a CM helps us out, we might do well to keep their names out of the conversation. We might want to go back and edit them out, folks. I know "No good deed goes unpunished," but I'd hate for someone to get in trouble at work for being nice to me.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

highway 27 runs right behind the animal kingdom lodge. It is sort of amazing, you can see the animal kingdom lodge as you are driving down the road. There is plenty of stuff on highway 27 that is near animal kingdom lodge. I doubt if Disney sold property to somewhere else near there, but that doesn't mean that there isn't something built near there on property that was never disney's.

What's up :confused3

1st MS tells me in June. in writing, that the MYW tix/dining would be available for purchase this December; then they change their collective minds in September and say "no go". Jim Lewis, aboard the DCL, infers that MYW is coming soon to a DVC resort near you? Who should I believe, a lowly paid CM or the man himself, hmmmm?

2nd, before I laid my money down for recent BWV purchase, my Guide swears on his Mickey Ears that he knows nothing of the proposed CRV??? Then Myrtle (poor Myrtle - wonder if she still is employed?) confirms CRV...

Getting disillusioned (no, not delusional)

What is Disney's best kept secret?

Definitely not DVC at the CR (assuming it comes to be).

Actually, I do not think that Disney minds when rumors are spread by their staff. It creates alot of excitement and gets peolpe talking about Disney. It can also be a strong marketing research tool.

Maybe it's an in-house joke to see how long it takes to get the "hot rumor" reported on the DisBoards?

"Hey, Mary... I'm going to float the Contemporary one this morning."

Blue&Gold said:
Maybe it's an in-house joke to see how long it takes to get the "hot rumor" reported on the DisBoards?

"Hey, Mary... I'm going to float the Contemporary one this morning."

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I could soooooo see people doing that. Heck, *I* would be unbelievably tempted to do it.

:wave2:

My family stayed at the CR in mid August. Rumors were flying about CR becoming part of the DVC. The CR is being completely renovated and what I was told (unofficially, of course, by one the their employees who seemed to be pretty knowledgable) was that the Garden Wing North was being knocked down and DVC Villas were going to be built there instead. I was also told the the South Wing was being gutted as well as the tower but that the North Wing was not being touched (I assumed that was because it will not be standing much longer). According to this employee - from the DVC villas at the CR there will be a walkway directly to the 4th floor grand canyon concourse (for easy access to the monorail). One day while I was on the balcony of our Tower Room I saw surveyors taking measurements on the North wing side. Normally when surveys are done - some type of construction is going to happen.

We were also lucky enough to have a tour of the renovated rooms (they weren't open yet). They were 5 star all the way. :earsboy:

Maybe this article in the Chicago Tribune is how the rumor got started about Disney selling some of their land around Animal Kingdom Lodge. I believe this new road will bring people in closer to that side of Disney. We own a TS on the backside of WDW and some years ago they said that Disney wanted to put in another roadway to enter property. That way neither entry would be so crowded. Sure hope this is true. Might make selling my other TS easier and then I could buy another add-on.

Binnie

http://www.chicagotribune.com/trave...3,1,6208732.story?coll=chi-homepagetravel-hed

Well, I heard from a member at a different Disney discussion board that they heard from the evening food court manager at CR that DVC was definitely coming there. If that doesn't confirm it I don't know who to believe. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter