FYI: DVC @ Contemporary Resort

In fact, I heard from a cousin who knows a bellhop who's married to his own second cousin who heard from a bag lady that DVC is... well, actually, the bag lady had never heard of DVC.

I still think its fun to speculate about CRV or AKLV ( I feel like I should buy a vowel) I do like the idea of a 4th floor bridge or connection if they do go ahead with a villa. Oh God I better start working alot of OT to be able to buy into both AKLV and CRV. They both sound fabulous.

If they build CR, I am selling my OKW and buying there.

btrim's thought about the road is what I was thinking in regards to property near the AKL. I read an article this week as well, I think in the Orlando Sentinel, about how the new road will take folks directly from Florida's Turnpike into WDW property.

AKLV AKLV AKLV AKLV AKLV

If I send enough thought vibes to the folks at DVC, will they build an AKLV? I hope so!

MrsNick said:
AKLV AKLV AKLV AKLV AKLV

If I send enough thought vibes to the folks at DVC, will they build an AKLV? I hope so!
My goodness, I hope they don't build at AKL! ;)
--> Only because that will force into a seventh contract.... :teeth:

MG

btrim said:
Maybe this article in the Chicago Tribune is how the rumor got started about Disney selling some of their land around Animal Kingdom Lodge. I believe this new road will bring people in closer to that side of Disney. We own a TS on the backside of WDW and some years ago they said that Disney wanted to put in another roadway to enter property. That way neither entry would be so crowded. Sure hope this is true. Might make selling my other TS easier and then I could buy another add-on.

Binnie
The Western Beltway is being built (right though part of a timeshare that I own - Orange Lake - and has been in the works for quite some time) but Disney's addition is still a private road. I don't think the new road really gains me anything except a toll . The knowledge of the Western Beltway as been known at least since the nineties when the plans were drawn up (I don't know the exact date but I've seen some information dated 1998 but I don't know how accurate it is). But it is like the old school game of passing a message around - you are lucky if you can recognize the original message by the time it makes it around the room! Another possibility is with the construction of the Fairfield Bonnet Creek resort, it took off in another direction as far as rumours were concerned.

I would pass on the Contemporary, but if they built at AKL I would find a way to add on. :teeth:

lenshanem said:
I would pass on the Contemporary, but if they built at AKL I would find a way to add on. :teeth:
I would pass if the built at AKL but would find a way to add on at the Contemporary! :)

edith76 said:
I'd buy both.

I'm with ya there... I'd probably sell both my contracts and buy at CRV and AKV (AKLV is just too long :goodvibes ), but not in that order... I'd finance add-ons, then sell my contracts so there's no lapse in membership. :teeth:

JimMIA said:
I agree with that sentiment! :worried:

If a CM helps us out, we might do well to keep their names out of the conversation. We might want to go back and edit them out, folks. I know "No good deed goes unpunished," but I'd hate for someone to get in trouble at work for being nice to me.

the CM would have to be very naive not to realize Disney reads the boards. :rolleyes:

We just got back from our first trip home at BCV, and as we were walking to the bus stop one morning a bell hop was helping someone with their bags, taking them into the villas. As we walked by, I heard him describe the CRV in some detail and said that they were a part of the current renovation project at the CR.

Since we have heard this so much from so many places, could it maybe be true this time?

SyrCinderella said:
Since we have heard this so much from so many places, could it maybe be true this time?

If not, then somebody somewhere is having a good laugh. ;)

Where would I buy? Check my sig. :banana:

SyrCinderella said:
We just got back from our first trip home at BCV, and as we were walking to the bus stop one morning a bell hop was helping someone with their bags, taking them into the villas. As we walked by, I heard him describe the CRV in some detail and said that they were a part of the current renovation project at the CR.

Old timers -- is this normal before the formal announcement of prior "new" DVCs? For example, before BWV or BCV was added to those resorts, were there open rumors everywhere from CMs and other insiders like what we're hearing re CR?

:rotfl2: I passed a rumor on about this stuff a while back and and it created a stir ( I certainly didn't help things my self) :rolleyes1 . These type of projects can only be certain after they break ground and construction begins. Until that happens I will just enjoy what I have. I certainly hope it does happen tho. My luck they will add DVC in Hong Kong before any new ones in the US. I have to agree that it may be better to refrain from using CM's names in our posts. I'd hate to see anyone get jammed up for being nice and passing off info (correct or incorrect). Cheers all :wave:

MrsNick said:
AKLV AKLV AKLV AKLV AKLV

In keeping with the tradition that we only use 3-letter abbreviations (or less) for DVC resorts, and following along the tradition that the Villas at Wilderness Lodge are referred to as VWL, then something at the Animal Kingdom Lodge would have to be named Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge:

VAK,VAK, VAK, VAK.... :rotfl2:

I can't help but wonder if some of the CM's who might not be fully aware of what DVC is all about, might be confusing the construction of the new mini-suites rooms at the CR with DVC type rooms, and thinking those are part of DVC.

Scotch said:
Old timers -- is this normal before the formal announcement of prior "new" DVCs? For example, before BWV or BCV was added to those resorts, were there open rumors everywhere from CMs and other insiders like what we're hearing re CR?

My memory may be getting fuzzy with old age, but I believe that the Boardwalk opened the way it currently is -- one side "inn" rooms, and the other side DVC. I truthfully can't remember at what point they announced that part of the Boardwalk would be DVC: right from the beginning or some time later...

I don't think anyone had a clue about BCV until the actual announcement was made. I was at WDW right around that time and we all were wondering how the heck they were going to fit it in there! (I'm sure glad they did, though!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter