FYI: DVC @ Contemporary Resort

Isn't the interior of SSR like that of BCV and WL?[/QUOTE]

The theme is different. Therefore, the style and furniture of the unit are completely different.

Patty3 said:
Isn't the interior of SSR like that of BCV and WL?

The theme is different. Therefore, the style and furniture of the unit are completely different.[/QUOTE]

Yep, of course.

I'm just trying to figure in what manner SSR would be the model as opposed to BCV, VWL and BWV.

All to me have the same basic layout with different themes and decor. A door placement or table may be different but they seem so similar.

aDVCguy said:
:badpc:
I'll never mention another name again...I never knew to what extent a
CM could catch trouble for info. Sorry, folks!
- aDVCguy

You can still go back and edit the name out to prevent it from appearing in the future to new thread readers....

BCV23 said:
I'm just trying to figure in what manner SSR would be the model as opposed to BCV, VWL and BWV.

All to me have the same basic layout with different themes and decor. A door placement or table may be different but they seem so similar.

The purpose of a "model" room is to exactly mirror an actual room. DVC has largely followed the same floor plan through 4 resorts now, but they still construct model rooms to show their prospective customers exactly what they will be buying. Up until the spring of '04, the sales center was located at the Boardwalk. The Boardwalk had exact "models" of all DVC resorts, including Saratoga Springs before the sales center was relocated.

This report (if true, and it does seem logical) has no bearing on the actual design of future resorts. If anything, it indicates that DVC is resigned to stick with the current room floor plan, which isn't too big of a stretch since they've been using the current plan for over a decade.

In the end, all this means is that before DVC begins to sell a new resort they will gut 2 or 3 rooms at Saraotga Springs and furnish them to match the new resort rooms.

tjkraz said:
The purpose of a "model" room is to exactly mirror an actual room.

That is pretty funny!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I know what a model room is. ;)

But perhaps that is all Patty or her guide did mean as opposed to the new resort being modeled after SSR.

BCV23 said:
That is pretty funny!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I know what a model room is. ;)

But perhaps that is all Patty or her guide did mean as opposed to the new resort being modeled after SSR.

The exact comment was: "They did say that the SSR would remain as the model, and that the decor would change as to what the new DVC rooms would look like. "

The way I read that, it states that the DVC sales center and model rooms will remain at SSR even after all points have been sold at SSR. Model units (at SSR) will be refurbished to reflect the decor of new resort offerings.

That could very well be what the guide and/or Patty meant.

It could also mean that new resorts will be modeled after SSR.

From Patty's other comments I think it likely it is the former. I certainly hope so. ;)

I was not aware that BW had a model room for VWL. The one we saw was located at VWL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter