Free Hotel Upgrade?

Torsie24, I hope you don't mind me asking but what went wrong? :confused3
And you're absolutely right about expecting better through moaning/asking, I can't stand that as well!
R x
Paid for montana lakeside, and requested a high room on 3 seperate occasion. Got the furthest flung room (longer walk than to lodges) and no hint of a lake at all....on the ground floor. :(

Paid for montana lakeside, and requested a high room on 3 seperate occasion. Got the furthest flung room (longer walk than to lodges) and no hint of a lake at all....on the ground floor. :(

I can understand about the Montana Lakeside bit but your request for a high room isnt going to be quaranteed at all.

I can understand about the Montana Lakeside bit but your request for a high room isnt going to be quaranteed at all.

I don't think theres even an option to book a high up room, is there??

Bob xoxoxox

Oh I know, I'd have paid if I didn't.

But that's why I said I won't be booking SL again, as I dno't feel I can guarantee myself a good enough room for my money's worth. Hence DLH next time. :)

I don't think theres even an option to book a high up room, is there??

Bob xoxoxox

Yep when booking online they now have a few options for request, i have asked for a high room this time but i dont expect one :rotfl:

Oh I know, I'd have paid if I didn't.

But that's why I said I won't be booking SL again, as I dno't feel I can guarantee myself a good enough room for my money's worth. Hence DLH next time. :)

I have to say though, in defence of the Sequoia, I think the rooms are very very good for price and it is an all round lovely hotel.

Bob xoxoxox

I have to say though, in defence of the Sequoia, I think the rooms are very very good for price and it is an all round lovely hotel.

Bob xoxoxox

Yeah me too, but then we did actually get a Montana room.

Yeah, they are pretty nice, but I just chose sequoia AND monatana AND lakeside to try and get a lovely view from our room for Jack's birthday trip, and we had no view at all. :(

I'd have gone for NY or DLH without a view if I'd have known we'd not have gotten a view of anything after I'd paid all the extra's at SL.

Just feel like I got no benefits at all for my extra ££.

Yeah, they are pretty nice, but I just chose sequoia AND monatana AND lakeside to try and get a lovely view from our room for Jack's birthday trip, and we had no view at all. :(

I'd have gone for NY or DLH without a view if I'd have known we'd not have gotten a view of anything after I'd paid all the extra's at SL.

Just feel like I got no benefits at all for my extra ££.

Can I ask a question?? Did you not ask at reception if they had any other rooms available with a better lake view?? I seem to recall someone on this board not being happy with the room they got and they got moved to another one quite quickly....

I didn't know it had been Jacks birthday while you were there! What a lovely way to celebrate!

Bob xoxxoxox

Can I ask a question?? Did you not ask at reception if they had any other rooms available with a better lake view?? I seem to recall someone on this board not being happy with the room they got and they got moved to another one quite quickly....

or if they had no other rooms for your money paid to upgrade back?

I didn't know it had been Jacks birthday while you were there! What a lovely way to celebrate!

Bob xoxxoxox

Thats what i was thinking

Nope, capacity!! And we checked it at like midday but couldn't get our room (or findout which one till alter) so when we went back later all they had all been filled with ppl.

Was still a lovely trip though, and Jack doesn't know about the extra for the views and stuff, so I didn't want to make a big scene and ruin his trip as he hates people fussing and moaning.

Nope, capacity!! And we checked it at like midday but couldn't get our room (or findout which one till alter) so when we went back later all they had all been filled with ppl.

Was still a lovely trip though, and Jack doesn't know about the extra for the views and stuff, so I didn't want to make a big scene and ruin his trip as he hates people fussing and moaning.

I would have maybe gone to the reception and said that you wanted the Lake View supplement refunded..... I think if you pay for it, you should get it. I'm quite surprised they didn't offer a refund actually.

Bob xoxoxox

I would have maybe gone to the reception and said that you wanted the Lake View supplement refunded..... I think if you pay for it, you should get it. I'm quite surprised they didn't offer a refund actually.

Bob xoxoxox

Yeah I think so too :thumbsup2

Should defently have got the supplement to upgrade refunded. :confused3

I agree

I would of actually demanded a refund as you should get what you pay for, its the same as buying something online or in the shops. I would of expected a refund or a different room, if they refused then asked for a manager. As they say the customer is always right. .:confused3

I agree

I would of actually demanded a refund as you should get what you pay for, its the same as buying something online or in the shops. I would of expected a refund or a different room, if they refused then asked for a manager. As they say the customer is always right. .:confused3

I would have done this too. I would have said I either wanted my money back or the room I paid for.

Bob xoxoxox

I would have done this too. I would have said I either wanted my money back or the room I paid for.

Bob xoxoxox
:(

I thought maybe I was being too fussy - especially as it's "lakeside" and not "view" and technically I was beside the lake, albeit sideways on in a forest....

Never mind, the customer services e-mail lady was super nice to me, and we did only go to the room between 12pm and 6.45am.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter