Free Hotel Upgrade?

I think it is lovely for people to be given a surpise upgrade and it is lovely to hear stories about people being surpised about getting one however on the other hand I think it is cheeky if people try and get one for free because they don't want something and are not willing to pay for something, I hope disney don't give free upgrades to people who ask.[/QUOTE]

I seem to have annoyed people:guilty: It wasn't that I'm not willing to pay for stuff, I just wondered what the criteria was for getting an upgrade and whether it was appropriate ettiquete to ask - which it clearly isn't! lol. I'm the least pushy person on the planet and can't stand people who grab everything, which is why I asked in my original post for advice as a wet-behind-the-mickey-ears Newbie!!:)

I think it is lovely for people to be given a surpise upgrade and it is lovely to hear stories about people being surpised about getting one however on the other hand I think it is cheeky if people try and get one for free because they don't want something and are not willing to pay for something, I hope disney don't give free upgrades to people who ask.

I seem to have annoyed people:guilty: It wasn't that I'm not willing to pay for stuff, I just wondered what the criteria was for getting an upgrade and whether it was appropriate ettiquete to ask - which it clearly isn't! lol. I'm the least pushy person on the planet and can't stand people who grab everything, which is why I asked in my original post for advice as a wet-behind-the-mickey-ears Newbie!!:)

You haven't annoyed people!! :hug: It's just led to a bit of a discussion! Thats all Hun.

Bob xoxoxox

Thanks Bolanette87 - I thought I might be banished or something. lol. I just didn't want to be misunderstood as some awful 'elbows-at-the-ready' harridan. My experience in this area is somewhat limited so I defer to the advice given on the boards.
Juliette

You haven't annoyed people!! :hug: It's just led to a bit of a discussion! Thats all Hun.

Bob xoxoxox

I second that, my post was not an attack at you just my general opinion on asking for upgrades:goodvibes

Phew. Thanks for the reassurance.:flower3:

Back to the OP. My friend got an upgrade in (I think) 2004 from HNY to DLH. He arrived with his family to check in and was informed they'd been upgraded. They were over the moon - as you would be! I remember that he had a private lift(?!) I assumed that that was some sort of suite rather than a standard room. I don't know much about the hotels. I don't remember all the details, other than that they were completely thrilled. A once in a lifetime trip!

I'll be happy with SL (which is where we are staying in Jan) as I didn't think this would be in our budget. The prices are definitely getting more affordable with all the offers.
Juliette

Thanks Bolanette87 - I thought I might be banished or something. lol. I just didn't want to be misunderstood as some awful 'elbows-at-the-ready' harridan. My experience in this area is somewhat limited so I defer to the advice given on the boards.
Juliette

Banishment is rare for asking a question!! :goodvibes These boards helped me fantastically when I planned my last DLRP trip, and I love them dearly!

Bob xoxoxox

Banishment is rare for asking a question!! :goodvibes These boards helped me fantastically when I planned my last DLRP trip, and I love them dearly!

Bob xoxoxox

I've only just discovered these boards, and I'm already addicted. I wish I'd found these before I went last time. I thought I was the only reasonably sane adult who loved DLP and secretly wanted to live there...princess:

Phew. Thanks for the reassurance.:flower3:

Back to the OP. My friend got an upgrade in (I think) 2004 from HNY to DLH. He arrived with his family to check in and was informed they'd been upgraded. They were over the moon - as you would be! I remember that he had a private lift(?!) I assumed that that was some sort of suite rather than a standard room. I don't know much about the hotels. I don't remember all the details, other than that they were completely thrilled. A once in a lifetime trip!

I'll be happy with SL (which is where we are staying in Jan) as I didn't think this would be in our budget. The prices are definitely getting more affordable with all the offers.
Juliette

Sounds like they had an upgrade to castle club to me. It's not exactly a suite, but you still get some nice extras for staying there and they do cost more than the standard room.

I've only just discovered these boards, and I'm already addicted. I wish I'd found these before I went last time. I thought I was the only reasonably sane adult who loved DLP and secretly wanted to live there...princess:

Lol..... I think these boards prove that you aren't the only person!!! :laughing:

Bob xoxoxox

On our first visit we were upgraded to a Montana room, I didn't know we had been upgraded untill we came to book our next visit and I noticed the room description was different :rotfl2:

On our visit before last we had an amazing upgrade, we were staying at the NBC and there was a problem with our room, they upgraded us to a honeymoon suite, it was fab :cool1:

We have never asked for an upgrade but it magic when it happens.:banana:

We have never asked for an upgrade but it magic when it happens.:banana:[/QUOTE]

It's the place for magical moments! Once when we were in the baby changing room/area Chip and Dale came in and played with my 1 year old and 4 year old for about 10 minutes. They loved it and had the characters all to themselves. Perhaps someone should start a new post about the most magical moment of their trips!:yay:

On our last rip we were upgraded to montana rooms too. We also had a magical moment when I got in the lift with my 4 year old son, who was sitting in my daughters buggy, and who got in the lift after us.....GOOFY!!!:yay: Aidie was over the moon and gave him a huge hug and goofy made lots of fuss of him. It seemed like a very long lift ride!

On our last rip we were upgraded to montana rooms too. We also had a magical moment when I got in the lift with my 4 year old son, who was sitting in my daughters buggy, and who got in the lift after us.....GOOFY!!!:yay: Aidie was over the moon and gave him a huge hug and goofy made lots of fuss of him. It seemed like a very long lift ride!

That's so lovely! I think 4 is the perfect age. They are so in love with the characters at that age. It melts your heart to see them that happy.

love hearing bout all the magical upgrades :cloud9: well, it is the place where magic happens!!!

doubt we wud be upgraded, what wud be an upgrade in cheyenne?? :confused3

which does remind me, i do need to start booking the birthday stuff for the boys when we go, maybe the mention of it being a birthday trip can be noted on our booking??? ;) ;) tbh, id rather stay in cheyenne (unless i was offered dlh) so wud prefer a box of chocs.... for the boys i mean!! :rotfl:

roll on december, i want to be there NOW!

love hearing bout all the magical upgrades :cloud9: well, it is the place where magic happens!!!

doubt we wud be upgraded, what wud be an upgrade in cheyenne?? :confused3

which does remind me, i do need to start booking the birthday stuff for the boys when we go, maybe the mention of it being a birthday trip can be noted on our booking??? ;) ;) tbh, id rather stay in cheyenne (unless i was offered dlh) so wud prefer a box of chocs.... for the boys i mean!! :rotfl:

roll on december, i want to be there NOW!

sequoia lodge I guess.

I know thelittlemermaid83 spoke of having an upgrade from (I think) Cheyenne to Newport...

:blush: d'oh, yes she did!!

ill just leave quietly shall i?? :tiptoe: *closes door on way out.....*

I second that, my post was not an attack at you just my general opinion on asking for upgrades:goodvibes
Don't ask don't get though, right?

Not so much with hotels, as I always book what I want, never below what I want and expect to blag something for free. But we often find with planes if you book businees you can get first quite often....

It's also about being nice, I never act like I expect or deserve anything, obviously I expect what I've paid for, but as I didnt get what I paid for on my last trip maybe I'll get a little extra on my next one.

Also, as I was dissappointed on my last trip I won't be booking that level of room again, I wouldn't rebook the same and expect better purley through moaning/asking.

:)

Torsie24, I hope you don't mind me asking but what went wrong? :confused3
And you're absolutely right about expecting better through moaning/asking, I can't stand that as well!
R x

Bob xoxoxox

Thats what a discussion forum is about, your never going to get everyone to agree on everything... lets face it, it wouldnt be interesting that way!! So def dont worry that you've annoyed anyone... its just differing opinions.

Being a family of 6, we generally stay at the DC, and have been upgraded to a 2 bedroom cabin several times. It's never been mentioned at check in. It's just been a pleasant surprise when we've found our cabin.

What we have found though is the 2 beds are typically in much better condition than the 1 beds, so have booked the 2 bed this time. We have requested a particular cabin though for both its cleanliness and it's location. They couldn't promise, but it'll be interesting to see whether we do get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter