Free Hotel Upgrade?

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
Hi everyone!
This is totally addictive. I haven't done any work today because I have been trawling this site, getting side-tracked and dreaming of Disney...

I'm going to book Seq Lodge (Montana room) for Jan 2009 and I would like to know how so many people have managed to secure a free upgrade? Do you ask when checking in - or does that come across as pushy/cheeky? Or were people just lucky and randomly selected? I knew someone who got upgraded to a DLH suite once - that would be my dream! They were staying at New York and were offered the upgrade when they checked in.

Let me in on your secrets! lol

Juliette

Hi there!!

We were staying in the Sequoia Lodge as part of a coach holiday, and we got a free upgrade to a suite that was a total surprise!! I don't think blagging at the desk gets you very far....

Heres some pics of our suite at the Sequoia:

DLRP390.jpg

DLRP388.jpg

DLRP027.jpg

DLRP030.jpg

(The view!!)

DLRP157.jpg

(The balcony)

DLRP187.jpg

The view at dusk out of the side window.... :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxoxoxox

Oh wow, that is so lovely! Such a lot of space and a balcony with a view - lucky you! I'll just keep my fingers crossed and approach check-in with big Bambi eyes, maybe they'll take pity on me...

Juliette

Oh wow, that is so lovely! Such a lot of space and a balcony with a view - lucky you! I'll just keep my fingers crossed and approach check-in with big Bambi eyes, maybe they'll take pity on me...

Juliette

It was fab.... We felt ridiculous having two toilets though- My DF made a point of using both bathrooms, and stepping out onto the balcony every day even though it wasn't really balcony weather..... :laughing:

It was a lovely surprise, but I would personally never try and blag anything like that.... I think its enough just to be there!! Soaking up the magic!

Bob xoxoxo

I had booked the Cheyenne for April this year only to find out i had been upgraded to the Newport Bay, they had double booked the Cheyenne so hey i got a free upgrade lol.

When we checked into SQL in 2005 a couple were being upgraded from a standard room to montana room as the CM on reception had noticed they were checking in on a birthday.

I mentioned this time when booking that it was DH 40th birthday and the CM on the phone said I will make a note of this on your booking. I don't know if it will make any difference to our room alocation, I will let you know in 2 weeks time.

I know what you mean, we stayed at the Santa Fe last time and I was so impressed by Disney soap etc. All of those little details really appeal to me.

It was fab.... We felt ridiculous having two toilets though- My DF made a point of using both bathrooms, and stepping out onto the balcony every day even though it wasn't really balcony weather..... :laughing:

It was a lovely surprise, but I would personally never try and blag anything like that.... I think its enough just to be there!! Soaking up the magic!

Bob xoxoxo

I know what you mean, we stayed at the Santa Fe last time and I was so impressed by Disney soap etc. All of those little details really appeal to me.

The little details are what make the trip!

Whilst I don't blag, I do admit to having some Disney soaps and Shampoo in my cupboard.... And a sachet of Disney sugar....!

Bob xoxoxox

The little details are what make the trip!

Whilst I don't blag, I do admit to having some Disney soaps and Shampoo in my cupboard.... And a sachet of Disney sugar....!

Bob xoxoxox

:rolleyes1 Me too and prehaps a few more bits loool

... And the 'Do Not Disturb' sign.... And maybe a couple more bits!!!

Bob xoxoxox

I'd definitely take the Mickey soap and body wash (in fact, I did :rotfl2: !)
I think I've got some 15th anniversary serviettes too.

I always take my hotel toiletries! Expecially if they have mickey on!!

The thing is you never use them at home....and hotels always have toiletries so there's no point in taking them on other trips. lol.

So they just sit in a bag now....

OH and back on topic, I don't think you have a high chance of a free upgrade. And I would go as far as saying definitely not from SL to DLH, perhaps NBC if the SL is fully booked.

If you are happy to pay they may give you a subsidised rate. That's what I'm hoping I can do at the DLH in January, when I check in I'm going to ask if there's any Castle CLub free and if its less than £200 to upgrade I'll go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter