Free drinks

Our Fantasy cruise last September they did not have "free alcoholic drinks" at the DVC Presentation like they have in the past. Maybe it was just bad luck/timing but we usually always go to a presentation for the "free drinks" and a little extra Disney magic :)

I don't recall ever having free drinks at as DVC presentation but we have always had them at a DVC member celebration

Our Fantasy cruise last September they did not have "free alcoholic drinks" at the DVC Presentation like they have in the past. Maybe
No and don't get fooled when you see servers walking around with trays filled with drinks during sail away. They ask if want one but just know there is a charge for them. The servers are not doing anything shady but I have seen people take them and not realize there is a cost to them.

There are a few ways to get "free alcoholic drinks" onboard...

Captains Reception in the atrium
DVC Presentations
Castaway Club return cruiser party
Anyone Can Cook cooking demos (they pair a wine with the food sample)

Sometimes they do BOGO drinks by the pool (by one, get one)

MJ
Thank you, I have a few questions now.
I have enjoyed the Captains Reception in the atrium. Do you think they will have it on a 3 day?

DVC Presentations when do they have these? If they are serving alcohol I assume it’s afternoon.

Castaway Club return cruiser party I’ve never heard of, can you tell me more about this, isn’t that just a platinum perk?

Anyone Can Cook cooking demos (they pair a wine with the food sample) is there an age limit of 21 for this or would I be able to bring my 18 year old daughter whom now had an interest in cooking?

I have enjoyed the Captains Reception in the atrium. Do you think they will have it on a 3 day?
I believe it's only on those (longer) cruises that have the Captain's Gala theme for the semi-formal night.

Castaway Club return cruiser party I’ve never heard of, can you tell me more about this, isn’t that just a platinum perk?
Castaway Club returning cruisers party is only for Gold & Platinum level. And is only offered on those cruises longer than 7 nights.

Thank you, I have a few questions now.

DVC Presentations when do they have these? If they are serving alcohol I assume it’s afternoon.

Anyone Can Cook cooking demos (they pair a wine with the food sample) is there an age limit of 21 for this or would I be able to bring my 18 year old daughter whom now had an interest in cooking?

Anyone can cook demos are usually at 10:00 or 10:30 in the am....usually on a sea day. I don't know if they have them on the 3/4 day cruises as I have only been 7 days or more for our last several cruises. An 18 year old could attend but not drink....they would probably bring her a different beverage if you asked. It could be an appetizer, entrée or dessert they demo...some cruises they do all three on different sea days (one each sea day). On our 7 day in January they did a demo of Apple Strudel paired with a Poggio Moscato wine.

DVC presentations are listed in the Navigator. I went to an info presentation onboard for DVC and they had free drinks....not sure if that is different than a normal DVC member presentation.

MJ

It's typically on the night that the Captain's Gala menu is served. And, I believe, that's only on cruises of 7 nights and longer.

That's not how it usually is on the Fantasy. My experience on the Fantasy is the Captain's Reception is on the formal night, which is the 2nd night of the cruise and the MDRs are serving their standard rotational menus. Then the Captain's Gala menu is served on the semi-formal night, which is typically the 6th night. I've never understood why that is because it would make sense to have both Captain's reception on the same night as the Captain's Gala menu.

I'm fairly certain any bartender onboard will mix it up for you. Since the drink would be made by a bartender, you'd be charged (as you are for sodas, if you order them in a lounge).

Then wouldn't Shirley Temples have a charge? Don't bartenders usually mix those, or do the servers/asst server mix them on DCL?

Then wouldn't Shirley Temples have a charge? Don't bartenders usually mix those, or do the servers/asst server mix them on DCL?

A Shirley Temple would be charged if made by a bartender. However, Shirley Temples in the MDR's are complimentary.

A Shirley Temple would be charged if made by a bartender. However, Shirley Temples in the MDR's are complimentary.

True, because my girl GUZZLE those every time. One time, DD spilled hers and was all teary (because she lost her drink or made a mess is up in the air). Our server was Ramon, never forget him, cooed over her, saying 'don't worry, it will be alright' and disappeared for a minute. He came back, hero in DD eyes, carrying a dish full of cherries and a monster Shirley Temple. I don't think DD smiled wider or bigger on Christmas

I guess what I'm asking is, are the ones in the MDRs, the complimentary ones, made by the serving team and not a bartender? Usually, Shirley Temples are made by the bartender in most restaurants on land.

I guess what I'm asking is, are the ones in the MDRs, the complimentary ones, made by the serving team and not a bartender? Usually, Shirley Temples are made by the bartender in most restaurants on land.
I believe they are still made up by the bar staff, but they are included at dinner in the MDRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter