Free drinks

Hala

Earning My Ears
First time cruiser here... I remember reading somewhere that there are some other drink(s) that you can order for free in the MDRs beyond the usual sodas or tea/coffee. Does anyone know anything about this?

I have a feeling that milk is not the answer your looking for but I can’t think of a MDR drink other than that.

Perhaps your thinking of the vacation club or welcome drink/Capt. chat for the platinum members? They have that meeting sometimes in a MDR but not often.

DCL offers the "Drink of the Day", including a special Sail Away Drink at discounted prices. The only free alcoholic drinks are offered on "Formal" night during the Captain's Reception.

I'm not sure it's even a recognised drink / mocktail in the US, but does anyone know if the drink called "Lemon, Lime and Bitters" is available AND free on Disney Cruises?

I'm not sure it's even a recognised drink / mocktail in the US, but does anyone know if the drink called "Lemon, Lime and Bitters" is available AND free on Disney Cruises?
I'm fairly certain any bartender onboard will mix it up for you. Since the drink would be made by a bartender, you'd be charged (as you are for sodas, if you order them in a lounge).

I'm fairly certain any bartender onboard will mix it up for you. Since the drink would be made by a bartender, you'd be charged (as you are for sodas, if you order them in a lounge).

Thanks PrincessShmoo. I was hoping that they might be free like the Shirley Temple since there is pretty much the same amount of "work" involved in preparing it (based on google-provided knowledge of what a Shirley Temple is).

I'm guessing that a regular iced coffee (i.e. just the coffee, milk and sugar syrup mixture, without any cream or ice cream) is also an upcharge since it involves mixing ingredients? Unless Disney buys it pre-made / pre-packaged, but I'm not sure how popular iced coffee is in the US and whether Disney would purchase the pre-packaged varieties.

Is there a free drink when the ship sails away ?

No and don't get fooled when you see servers walking around with trays filled with drinks during sail away. They ask if want one but just know there is a charge for them. The servers are not doing anything shady but I have seen people take them and not realize there is a cost to them.

There are a few ways to get "free alcoholic drinks" onboard...

Captains Reception in the atrium
DVC Presentations
Castaway Club return cruiser party
Anyone Can Cook cooking demos (they pair a wine with the food sample)

Sometimes they do BOGO drinks by the pool (by one, get one)

MJ

Our Fantasy cruise last September they did not have "free alcoholic drinks" at the DVC Presentation like they have in the past. Maybe it was just bad luck/timing but we usually always go to a presentation for the "free drinks" and a little extra Disney magic :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter