• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Plan, WOW!!!

bgirl said:
Ihave ressies for 8/14 - 8/26 at BC. I am a Disney VISA holder but I paid for the trip with AMEX. I have unused no expiration PH with water parks already paid for> I have not yet paid for the dining plan.

Is this offer available at the BC?

Can I add the dining plan to my existing ressie at no cost or wil I have to book an entirely new ressie using the VISA?

I had to cancel my existing reservation at POFQ and book a new one with my Disney Visa for the same days minus the AAA discount. It was still a steal!

gigi1313 said:
sounds like the higher price included insurance...
No the $942 was $1042 or something with insurance.

Teresa Pitman said:
Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is with these packages? I'm not sure if I can go, but would like to book as soon as possible in case I can.

Teresa

I booked today for 8/15-8/19 and was told I could cancel up until 7/1.

For these in the UK I range the american number, was told my trip is eligible but with a disneyworld.co.uk reservation number you have to call the uk number on 0870 24 24 900

Had to change my booking. Will lose my deposit by doing it but its still $456 cheaper for me.

:cool1:

is out now for disney card holders, the e-mail I got said it was going to be out for the public April 4th

Can someone PLEASE help me understand this. I have AP's, does that mean I can not get this deal??
Seems like AP holders get left out of SO much :(

Could I book a room at POP and buy a 1 day pass to get this deal ??

Seems like AP holders get left out of SO much
DVC members are also not eligible for free dining, nor are folks using the AAA (or any other general public) discount. Off-site guests are also left out of this offer, and from what I've read, so are on-site guests booking suites (though I haven't seen enough confirmation of that to be reasonably sure).

The package needs only include one day's worth of admission.

ok never mind my question. After looking at all of this stuff it is no deal for us.
We have AP's , use priceline to book NICE hotels and save so much that way that we can aford to eat the 2 meals and 1 snack and still pay less then this "deal". Thanks for the help :)

YAY!! :banana:

Just got off the phone with CM Collette and made my sept ressies with FREE DINING!!!

WOOOO HOOOOOO! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I have to confess the Disney Visa is paying off! Though I usually don't use revolving credit this card has paid for my Grand children's DDP while at DVC, gotten my daughter a companion ticket for our flight and a jump start on the Free dining! Yes!

I originally had my ressies thru AAA- @ POR w/ dining- i was paying 2228.98

i now moved to a value (which i said i NEVER wanted to do again- been there, done that, tired of it now) BUT by now moving down to a value :guilty: w/ FREE dining i am saving $895.74!

i was going to keep the mod w/ free dining- but DH said- well now we can do an extra vacation with the money we saved in our vacation budget! ---

ohhh- ok. :guilty:

bicker said:
DVC members are also not eligible for free dining, nor are folks using the AAA (or any other general public) discount. Off-site guests are also left out of this offer, and from what I've read, so are on-site guests booking suites (though I haven't seen enough confirmation of that to be reasonably sure).

We also have AP's and currently are booked at POR from 9/19 to 9/28 with AAA room discount. Just DH and myself.
Hoping for an AP room discount to come out in June and will apply that to room instead of AAA.

I did the math and the package with free dining would end up costing us almost $900 more than what I just paid for my AP's and the hotel and of course then I wouldn't have my AP for next year. This is because you have to pay rack rate for the room.
Not a money saver for us. I don't think enough people do all the math. They hear "free dining" and assume it's cheaper. Trust me Disney isn't giving anything away.

maddhatir said:
I originally had my ressies thru AAA- @ POR w/ dining- i was paying 2228.98

i now moved to a value (which i said i NEVER wanted to do again- been there, done that, tired of it now) BUT by now moving down to a value :guilty: w/ FREE dining i am saving $895.74!

i was going to keep the mod w/ free dining- but DH said- well now we can do an extra vacation with the money we saved in our vacation budget! ---

ohhh- ok. :guilty:

I was already booked at POFQ so I kept that plan. It was tempting to change to POP, we were there last October for an unscheduled trip due to FREE DINING! My only complaint was the buses leaving you in the next town from the gate! I have a bad knee and my ibuprofen only lasted through the seven miles of parks! :teeth:

Cookie Princess said:
How did this work for you? I just applied on line and was told it would be 30 days to process our application. HELP...I want free dining now! I am wearing my CRANKY PANTS at the thought of having to wait until later in the week!!!
:badpc:

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing.... :confused3 My dad applied online too and got the same within 30 days message. Is there another way to speed things up? In order for it to be approved for the Free dining code it had to be paid with a Disney Visa so unless they gave you the number for an account I don't see how you could have used the code. Also, I am reading on the codes and rates board about people who booked, used the code but didn't pay with a Disney Visa are having their ressies looked into and possibly cancelled so you may want to keep an eye on your ressie if you didn't actually pay with a Disney Visa.

Oh well, Tuesday will be here before we know it.

vacationwoman said:
I don't think enough people do all the math. They hear "free dining" and assume it's cheaper. Trust me Disney isn't giving anything away.

i did the math... and the "free dining" is costing us $827.54 because we were not planning to go at all, and that's the cost for the four of us to spend 5 days at pop w/one day base tickets (we have leftovers from previous trips) :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

gigi1313 said:
i did the math... and the "free dining" is costing us $827.54 because we were not planning to go at all, and that's the cost for the four of us to spend 5 days at pop w/one day base tickets (we have leftovers from previous trips) :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter