• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Plan, WOW!!!

pedro2112 said:
I also think it suggests why disney hasn't changed the plan that much (other than to tweak a few of the restuarants), since it's inception. If you take into account the rack rates, and more importantly, forcing the customer to spend time and money at WDW rather than the competitors or off site restaurants, then perhaps that sheds light onto why disney hasn't seperated credits between adult and child. Even if some are spreading out their credits for some additional meals, disney still receives the daily fee for the kids, plus the extra out of pocket money for each meal for the kids. But more important, they are assuring that the party is spending additional time at Disney and not other places.

I think the question then becomes.. exactly how much money are people blowing on souveneirs! :lmao:

If you look at thier financial reports for last year the per capita spending is up! It will be curious to see the 2 year comparison to other Orlando tourist destinations at the end of 2006. WDW was up big compared to other Orlando tourist destinations for 2005 but one year does not a trend make. Two years on the other hand....

BeckWhy said:
I called twice today to price it, and the first time I called I got priced at $793.66 (2 adults, Pop Century 9/9 - 9/15, 4 day base pass). But when I called back to find out the cancelation policy and book it, they priced me $942.54 for the same stuff. Anyone have any explaination on why the difference?

NM I think she only priced one adult. I just priced it on disneyworld.com and it came to be $744 something.

sounds like the higher price included insurance...

SOOO Confused... I was told that you HAD to end your stay 9/30 to get the free dining...But others that are going said that they are letting them go over into the first week of October with the Free Dining package.. Does someone have the correct answer.. We want to go Sept 29-October 7, please help

I booked today sept29 for 8 nights and have plan for all nights at the pop preferred room

lovepooh said:
I called this morning and applied the code to my ressie. We had to switch our dates to August 14-22nd because the CM said only a limited number of rooms are available with this deal and it was not longer available at Poly for our original dates. Cosidering I called at 7:30am Florida time, I'd say they probably don't have them many free DP rooms available. Guess I need to change the dates in my signature. I am so excited. Now we all have to pray for good weather!!!! :sunny:

Glad you got it!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Wooo Hoo got my free dining. saved me 600.00 woooooo hoooo can't wait to go :banana:

After seeing the discount posted on this website and seeing the one post from someone with existing reservations, I decided to apply for the Disney Visa card and try to get the free DP. Yep! Got 'em!!!

:cool1: :cheer2: :woohoo: :yay: :Pinkbounc

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is with these packages? I'm not sure if I can go, but would like to book as soon as possible in case I can.

Teresa

LoveThatDarnMouse said:
I booked the plan today, 9 nights at the Poly with the plan is going to cost me $4596 for me and DH, & my 3 sons that are 13, 10 and 4. Is this a good deal ya think?
What kind of room did you get? We are staying Garden view for 8 nights so ours was $3700, but my kids are 1 & 5 so there passes are cheaper too.

Teresa Pitman said:
Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is with these packages? I'm not sure if I can go, but would like to book as soon as possible in case I can.

Teresa

Flame me if you want to!!! I just want to say to all of you taking advantage of the free dining who are not sure if they can go, and post things like "what is the cancellation policy". That is just not right!!! There are many people with existing reservations etc. who have to wait to get this discount and there are limited packages available. Why not wait till you have the plans and the money to book a trip and let others who already have reservations take advantage of this plan. Like I said before I am sure I will be flamed, but I had to say something. I am sure there are others who are thinking the same thing.

bbwfan said:
SOOO Confused... I was told that you HAD to end your stay 9/30 to get the free dining...But others that are going said that they are letting them go over into the first week of October with the Free Dining package.. Does someone have the correct answer.. We want to go Sept 29-October 7, please help

as long as you check in on or before 9/30, you are eligible for free dining... we are checking in 9/28 and staying 'til 10/3 and will have free dining the entire length of stay...

Over on the DVC boards, we've had a couple of comparisons -- not from DVC members, but from folks renting DVC ressies -- of the cost of renting DVC and paying for the dining plan vs. the "free" plan and the Disney Visa offer. The posts claimed they saved money renting DVC and paying for the dining plan.

With DVC, the specifics of your vacation plans will be critical to determining whether renting is good for you or not. For example, Friday and Saturday nights are about double the cost of Sunday-Thursday nights, and that can make a difference.

However, you're not paying rack rate, and you don't have to buy park tickets using DVC. The cost for the DVC dining plan is the same as the "pay" dining plan -- $37.99 per day per adult and $10.99 per child. Also, the DVC dining plan is not limited to that narrow 8/13 - 9/30 window. We can get the dining plan anytime.

To find out whether a DVC rental works for you, you'd really have to call Disney and get the exact costs to you and then see what the DVC cost would be. And there are a few times when a DVC rental would be very difficult to get (F&W at either of the Epcot resorts and early December anywhere).

sassymom said:
Flame me if you want to!!! I just want to say to all of you taking advantage of the free dining who are not sure if they can go, and post things like "what is the cancellation policy". That is just not right!!! There are many people with existing reservations etc. who have to wait to get this discount and there are limited packages available. Why not wait till you have the plans and the money to book a trip and let others who already have reservations take advantage of this plan. Like I said before I am sure I will be flamed, but I had to say something. I am sure there are others who are thinking the same thing.

why do people have to wait to get their existing ressies changed? and why not plan ahead and if things fall through, oh, well... the room will go back into the pot and maybe someone that doesn't read the boards or opts to plan a more last-minute trip can take advantage of them... i'm not sure why booking but wanting to know cancellation in the event of unforeseen emergeny is a bad thing?

[we booked this morning, but bought the insurance... my dad was recently admitted to a nursing home and if something should happen to keep us from going away, i'm glad wdw has a liberal cancellation policy]

also, last year, the window for booking the free dining was extended because there was still SO MUCH availability... which leads me to believe that wdw won't run out of packages real quickly (although maybe at the smaller or more popular resorts)

My comments were meant for the people booking just to get the free dining, and not being sure if they can or cannot go.

oh, okay... i guess as long as they release them before the "window" closes, it's not a problem...

NicksTgrMom said:
After seeing the discount posted on this website and seeing the one post from someone with existing reservations, I decided to apply for the Disney Visa card and try to get the free DP. Yep! Got 'em!!!

:cool1: :cheer2: :woohoo: :yay: :Pinkbounc

How did this work for you? I just applied on line and was told it would be 30 days to process our application. HELP...I want free dining now! I am wearing my CRANKY PANTS at the thought of having to wait until later in the week!!!
:badpc:

Ihave ressies for 8/14 - 8/26 at BC. I am a Disney VISA holder but I paid for the trip with AMEX. I have unused no expiration PH with water parks already paid for> I have not yet paid for the dining plan.

Is this offer available at the BC?

Can I add the dining plan to my existing ressie at no cost or wil I have to book an entirely new ressie using the VISA?

Actually, I had a similar problem. I called Chase (they actually issue the disney visa card) and asked to trade my plain vanilla chase card for the disney version. Talked to someone who didn't really understand i didn't care about the 1000 bonus points i would lose by not going through the application process and she transferred me to someone who in fact took an application.

So i went to disney website and applied using husband's name. it was approved and gave an approval transaction number. then called the wdw res # and told them i wanted to apply the code -- no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter