• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP + What we know and what we want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are welcome!

I added this under tickets. There are posts on DVC boards referring to owners who bought PAP - and they just got a confirmation number too and were told to bring that and an idea to pick their pass. That does seem like a problem.

If you paid the $5 and had them sent to you, you get actual cards with both regular ticket codes and barcodes. Mine is associated with my account currently. It is not an activated AP, so it remains to be seen what it gets me.

I have heard of someone being able to call and get the ticket codes over the phone...don't know how easy that is.

A&A :goodvibes I'll chime in because I brought it up the first time. We are doing the same - actually found the S&S tickets at SOG would be cheaper than buying 8 days back to back for 6 park days.]

We may go to MYW too, although this is just what Disney wants, according to Mousermerf - no ticket discounts for anyone - nice way to thank the military, huh? Comments here so far suggest that you need a ticket number, not a room ressie # in order to use FP+ and if you don't opt in to that you will be SOL for getting any FP at all by Summer. :sad:

I have a message in to www.militarydisneytips.com - he is in touch with officials at Disney and can get the scoop when it gets decided. I am also going to email SOG tomorrow and see if I can get them on it.

I am a bit interested in the info too. I been helping some extended family that may do a June trip using military tickets.

katdralion said:
If FP+ is available for fireworks, shows and parades, what will happen if a large number of people who have reserved a spot don't turn up? Do you think they will open up the space to others at the last minute?

I wonder if it will be like FP for world of color in DL?
If that is that case then no, they will not open it up

So if the employee doesn't wash their hands before making your burger that's ok because it happens so frequently in reality contrary to the policy..? It's a "standard procedure" you know.

Or do you just stand behind whatever benefits you the most at a given moment?

So incorrect information that is being parroted by other people openly as the truth shouldn't be challenged and labeled for what it actually is...?

You assumed I was talking about a Disney parking lot but I never stated that. As I pointed out the follow up post I made where you replied to my post, I was talking about any general parking before opening time.

mousermerf said:
So if the employee doesn't wash their hands before making your burger that's ok because it happens so frequently in reality contrary to the policy..? It's a "standard procedure" you know.

Don't understand your continued need to be rude in your arguments. My experience visiting Disney quite frequently over the years was to be told repeatedly by many different CMs that we were perfectly welcome to use our FP late but not early. It wasn't because we were part of some secret club and knew the secret special handshake. It was just the way FP worked and was part of their policy in practice. Evidently, this bothers you for some reason but since its really not applicable anymore it's time to move on.

The fact that all, or virtually all CMs, accepted FPs after the return period means that someone told them to do so, hence it was an approved practice. I highly doubt anyone told CMs not to wash their hands before handling food. The fact that you chose to equate accepting FPs after the return window with a lack of basic hygiene is ....interesting.

Because you quoted me directly, I will respond.

I think there is nothing wrong with people now or in the past taking advantage of the FP system to the fullest extent that Disney allows with a few exceptions:

1. I think it is wrong to pull FPs for the expressed purpose of spreading some "pixie dust" to others. Disney doesnt need a secondary distribution system of FPs and it stops certain people from pulling an FP on their own.
2. The FPs say on the back that they are non-transferable and not for sale. When people give away FPs as "pixie dust", they are violating that rule. Funny how people dont think that the should follow that rule but say they always follow Disney rules. Irony is lost on them.
3. I think it is one thing to do research and "put in the work" to maximize FPs and your touring but it is quite another to push the established rules to see what you can get away with and then exploit in the future as illustrated in this post in this thread:

And I stand by what I said. I think people think they are entitled to tour the way they have in the past with no waits longer than 20 minutes. One poster even said, they think the money they pay for admission entitles them.

I understand this thought process and Disney frankly helped create the monster they now seem to be complaining about now and trying to fix.

How is FP a monster though?

The people that meet these criteria really seem to be a miniscule amount compared to the folks that use it the way it is intended.

I mean - let's take a poll of how many of us that are saddened by the potential change in the rules, would pull FPs KNOWING they wouldn't use them?

I have given them away before because plans changed when I got completely drenched on Kali on a chilly afternoon, but wouldn't ever purposely pull them if I knew I was exiting the park before the return time.... How many would realistically be so inclined?

I am a bit interested in the info too. I been helping some extended family that may do a June trip using military tickets.

I would be interested in the military ticket info as well, as we're using them for our March trip. We are buying them this week, but they're just vouchers. If FP+ requires tickets to plan ahead, I sincerely hope Disney is finding a way to make the AFS tx we buy from base able to work so we can participate.

Just in case Lugnut comes back and drops another hot topic - and this one gets maxed, I started a second thread. Maybe we can leave the talk of unwashed hands on these pages. :sick:

:) I don't know if I did the switch over correctly? hopefully. I saved the second post for updates.

FP+ What we know and what we want to know Part II

That "what we want to know" sounds so .... uh...innocent? :)

Don't understand your continued need to be rude in your arguments. My experience visiting Disney quite frequently over the years was to be told repeatedly by many different CMs that we were perfectly welcome to use our FP late but not early. It wasn't because we were part of some secret club and knew the secret special handshake. It was just the way FP worked and was part of their policy in practice. Evidently, this bothers you for some reason but since its really not applicable anymore it's time to move on.

However, many, many people were never told that by Disney cast members. They used the system as it was described in all official brochures, on the website and even on the back of the ticket.

I have been going multiple times every year for over 30 years and every year since Fastpass began, not once did a CM volunteer that info to anyone in our group. Had I not read about it on here, I would have never known.

I am curious when you got your Fastpass did they just come up to you and say "oh by the way, you don't have to really come back at the time it says", or did they tell you that when you asked if you could come back late. :confused3

But as you said, it does not matter, or actually it did matter to Disney because they stopped it.

I am curious when you got your Fastpass did they just come up to you and say "oh by the way, you don't have to really come back at the time it says"

Yes.

In so many words, yes.

Often it was loudly announced to groups of guests getting FP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter