Fort Wilderness Camp Ground - Golf Cart Rental

Thanks. I'll ask about a AAA discount.

I'll post when/if I get info re: offsite rentals - particularly if they will deliver on a Sat.

Good luck and definitely keep us posted. At those rates I would imagine this will become a pretty high profile topic here.

I just heard back from one of the rental companies - $315 + tax including delivery for one week.

BUT, they don't deliver on weekends, which counts me out for not only this trip, but for most of my trips.

Does the outside company have daily rates?:confused3 .. Perhaps you may not need the cart the entire week if you are planning on spending some days at the parks. Maybe a mid week rental... Just something to consider.

The other rental company, golf cart enterprises, just got back to me with a rate. $585 including tax for the week and a weekend delivery.

I also called the Bike Barn again to see if they offered any discount at all for AP holders, AAA, anything at all and the cast member said there is no discount of any kind on the carts.

Looks like I'll be calling back to cancel. IMHO, they have now priced themselves out of the market.

$585?! That must be a typo, right? That is more than Disney's price.

Wow!! We rented from them for an entire month for only $500 - delivered. The extra charge for the weekend delivery must have been huge! :eek:

How much of that was for the weekend delivery?
I haven't a clue. The quote was for the entire amount for a 4 person cart, and included a windshield, tax, and delivery.

No matter how much the delivery was - it's still an even more ridiculous amount than Disney is charging for their carts.

Their website shows $200 for a week plus tax and when I checked it was only $70 dollars for delivery on a weekday. So why not just have it delivered first thing monday and picked up last thing friday. Then it won't be $585.

I know what their website says. :) My email was an absurd amount.

I sent an email back and asked if the $585 was a typo, and got a response that it was. It should have been $410.

A week with a windshield, delivery and tax is $303 for Mon-Fri delivery/pickup. That makes the delivery charge on a Sat about $100.

I'm sure they could get a lot more business if they would simply not charge that $100 for a weekend delivery. Their price is otherwise reasonable for a week.

Since we really want to use it when we go to the MK and for just going for a drive after dinner when we're not going to the MK, we would most likely want to have it on Sat & Sunday. The rest of the time we use our car to get to the other parks.

It's just not worth the added expense for Mon-Fri when our use is limited.

I will write to see if it is less expensive for a Mon-Fri rental and again, report back. But, that would be pickup during Friday day and really cut into our use of it based upon how we use it.

I sent an email back and asked if the $585 was a typo, and got a response that it was. It should have been $410.

Oh whew - that's more like it! That puts them pretty much in line with Disney for a week (around $402?)

I know weekend delivery seems to be an issue for most of the off-site rental companies. That's definitely the one plus to renting from Disney.

I will write to see if it is less expensive for a Mon-Fri rental and again, report back. But, that would be pickup during Friday day and really cut into our use of it based upon how we use it.

Good luck. One thing I can tell you is that they were very flexible about drop-off/pick-up. Basically they let us pick the time. We had them drop off Monday at 9am and they picked it up at 3pm the day before we left (which happened to be a Thurs). And there were exactly on time both times. :thumbsup2

Picture002-11.jpg

Good picture... an example of 2 vehicles Disney is trying to keep out of Fort Wilderness, along with 4 wheelers. They seem to have banned any company that delivers anything but purely a golf cart.

As this is a 2 year old post that has been resurrected, I thought I'd post the current off site pricing for carts.

Golf & Electric Vehicles Group, (Steve Senesi) they have 2 passenger, 4 passenger and 6 passenger golf cars available for rental. As of June 2011 this is their pricing:

$266.25 per week for a 4 passenger cart, including tax, pickup and delivery, with $35 per day for extra days

6 passenger cart is $372.75 per week including tax, pickup and delivery, with $45 per day for extra days.
Contact Steve Senesi for more information, and as always contact him for current pricing.

Another source for carts is Tee Time, but they only rent 4 person carts. Reviews I have read are positive and internet web boards folks are saying the place to rent a cart is from "Kenny" at Tee Time.

Tee Time Golf Cart Rental (Kenny)
E-Mail Kenny

Costs for 4 person carts (as reported by DISers in early 2009, call for current pricing)
approx. $224-$240/7 days (as reported here - call for current pricing)
$293.28/10 days (as reported by a DIS board member 8/23/10 - call for current pricing)
$470.80/month-31 days (as reported here 6/19/09 - call for current pricing)

Prices include delivery (6am - 9pm), taxes,

We just finished a 2 week trip at the Fort and got a cart from Kenny at Tee Time. He was very nice to deal with and we really enjoyed having a cart for two weeks, which we wouldn't otherwise been able to afford. We'll rent from him again.

We have a reservation with Kenny at Tee Time for September 2011. He is charging us $350 for 10 days. This is including tax and delivery. This will be the first time using him and doing so because of the good reviews I have read here. This is much cheaper than Ft. Wilderness. It would have cost us about $630 including tax. This is $280 difference. I will post about the service after our trip.

As this is a 2 year old post that has been resurrected, I thought I'd post the current off site pricing for carts.

Golf & Electric Vehicles Group, (Steve Senesi) they have 2 passenger, 4 passenger and 6 passenger golf cars available for rental. As of June 2011 this is their pricing:

$266.25 per week for a 4 passenger cart, including tax, pickup and delivery, with $35 per day for extra days

6 passenger cart is $372.75 per week including tax, pickup and delivery, with $45 per day for extra days.
Contact Steve Senesi for more information, and as always contact him for current pricing.

I would love to hear any feedback folks have about this company! We need to figure out how much a 6 passenger cart will run us to decide if the cabins are a viable option for our fall trip and I can't seem to find many reviews of the companies that have the larger carts.

My family does a 4th of July reunion every year since the early 90's. We always rented from FW because of the convenience and such. Unfortunately FW raised their prices beyond belief and we were forced to go with an outside company. "Kenny" with Tee Time is the one I recommend. I have used his company three times now and have never had a problem. His current rates for July 2011 is $35/day Its a steal of a deal, and if you like fast moving carts...Kenny's are it.

Tee Time
407-276-0809

Disney baby Since 1971
Phyllis,DH Travis, DS Darius, DS Cameron, DS KenDall, Frankie, Freddie, Harley,Gucci.

Ahhhh, if only there was a golf cart rental thorax like the stroller thread. It could pay for itself in months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter