• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Wilderness Camp Ground - Golf Cart Rental

Does Disney allow both kinds of carts- gas and electric?
As long as it is in fact a golf cart (i.e. not a gator or some other type of industrial cart) gas carts are allowed. While the rule is that it also must have the same safety equipment as Disney's carts (lights, windshield etc.) I have seen cars without some items,

:love: :hippie: :worship: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

:banana:
thanks for the info - useful thread...

this seems useful information...thanks for

sharing...

see ya...
:) :hug: :rolleyes1 :dance3: :laundy: :love:

:hippie: :cool1:

As long as it is in fact a golf cart (i.e. not a gator or some other type of industrial cart) gas carts are allowed. While the rule is that it also must have the same safety equipment as Disney's carts (lights, windshield etc.) I have seen cars without some items,

While I was there this past week, people seem to be using everything! There were several John Deere gator types that were being used, so I think Disney will be cracking down sooner or later on what is and isn't being used on their property!

How much is delivery for an offsite cart rental?

Golf Cart Enterprises charged us $70 to deliver/pickup, $30 for a windshield - which I'm glad we got given how chilly the nights have been! :cold:

Thank you.

At those prices, well, for a week, it's almost the same to rent from Disney.

At those prices, well, for a week, it's almost the same to rent from Disney.

Might not be worth it for a week - I haven't done the math on the recent WDW rental rates, but our cart from GCE is costing us $500... which is actually the rate for an entire month (although we're only using it 3 weeks).

Picture002-11.jpg

Left the Fort yesterday (waaah!) and just wanted to follow up on our experience with Golf Cart Enterprises. In a word, they were GREAT to work with. They were exactly on time for both delivery and pickup, very pleasant, cart was in super shape and worked perfectly. We've already made our reservation for next year and I'd HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking to rent off site. :thumbsup2

I just got off the phone with the folks at the Bike barn.

Our 7 night rental will be $402.57 including the tax for 1 cart. I asked about the 10% discount for a weekly rental and was told they no longer offer it.

That makes renting off site far more attractive and I'm about to get some quotes.

These prices are ridiculous. In july, I would swear the weekly rental for a cart was in the $330-$350 vicinity.

Until recently, they did offer a discount on weekly rental.

Bobby I. decided to take another bite.:sad2:

Our 7 night rental will be $402.57 including the tax for 1 cart. I asked about the 10% discount for a weekly rental and was told they no longer offer it.

Yikes - that's pretty outrageous (especially on top of pretty high current site rates too), and a shame they dropped the weekly discount. Our off-site rental was $500 for an entire month!

I really don't get what's up with Disney on this one. Are they actually trying to discourage people from renting (to keep the numbers of carts down maybe)? Or is it just a case of "because we can"... :confused3

Yikes - that's pretty outrageous (especially on top of pretty high current site rates too), and a shame they dropped the weekly discount. Our off-site rental was $500 for an entire month!

I really don't get what's up with Disney on this one. Are they actually trying to discourage people from renting (to keep the numbers of carts down maybe)? Or is it just a case of "because we can"... :confused3
Maybe they "can," but we won't :). I've contacted 2 off site rental agencies and if we can't get one because we need a Sat. delivery, we will just use the buses.

We didn't use the cart all that much and while it was very nice to have to drive around the Fort after dinner, well, we could use the long walks instead. :)

We will just use the bus system. It is outrageous to pay substantially more for a little used cart rental than we're paying for a car for a week.

I just got off the phone with the folks at the Bike barn.

That makes renting off site far more attractive and I'm about to get some quotes.

These prices are ridiculous. In july, I would swear the weekly rental for a cart was in the $330-$350 vicinity.

You might ask about a AAA discount. I know when we rented the end of September, they said they didn't offer an AAA discount on a weekly rental, because we were already getting a 10% discount being that it was for the week. I know they previously have applied a 10 percent discount when we have rented bikes, and on the watercraft as well. Doesn't hurt to ask.
I would go with an off site rental before paying those rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter