• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Wilderness Camp Ground - Golf Cart Rental

natale1980

"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"..
I was wondering if anyone ever rented a golf cart from - an off site rental company?
If so - How much was it?
And - Who did you use?

thanks!
-natale

I have never rented from an off-site company. I have never heard of one that worked out to be much less expensive than renting directly from the Fort. And, renting off site will always be at least a bit of a hassle. The only possible reason that I would consider renting from an outside company would be if I wanted a larger cart.

A fellow Disboard member Tim5055 maintains a website with lots of useful and reliable information. Here is a link to it: http://www.title-3.com/FWFacts.htm
If you scroll down just past half way on the first page, he has some information there about an off site golf cart rental company.

TCD

A fellow Disboard member Tim5055 maintains a website with lots of useful and reliable information.
:thanks:

As TCD stated it can be a bit of a hassle to rent off site. My experience was good, but a couple of things to keep in mind:

Off site rentals usually only save on a longer rental (10 days or more)

Some rental companies only work Monday - Friday (like the one I used)

Delivery/trailer rental charges can cause the price to go up quickly.

Off site rentals usually only save on a longer rental (10 days or more)

Some rental companies only work Monday - Friday (like the one I used)

Delivery/trailer rental charges can cause the price to go up quickly.

Yes, yes, and yes.

We're renting off site this year, but we'll be there 3 weeks so that's why it ended up being a good bit cheaper - $530 incl. delivery (and that's actually for a full month).

The company only does delivery/pickup Mon-Fri, which actually works out for us as we're coming in on a Sunday and leaving on a Friday.

We're going through Golf Cart Enterprises
http://www.golfcartenterprises.com/

We haven't used them before, so we'll see how their service is. So far they've been good to work with. :moped:

Fort Wilderness Golf Cart rental fee's increased while we were there during the first week of October. Renting off site might start to make a little more sense, especially if you are staying a while.

I heard yesterday that the carts were only being rented for 2 day rentals for people that didn't have ressie's guess the are having a problem with carts they also moved rentals to the front gate area:confused3

Fort Wilderness Golf Cart rental fee's increased while we were there during the first week of October.

Looks like the All Ears site info was just updated...
http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm

"Carts can be rented for $47/day plus tax (or $12/hour) at the Bike Barn (407-824-2742). Starting October 1st, 2008, perhaps earlier, cart pickup and dropoff will be at the Outpost (check-in), instead of the Bike Barn. However, the supply is limited so call ahead to reserve a cart. Fort Wilderness carts may be reserved up to one year in advance.

NOTE: There is a 10 percent discount if you rent the cart for the week."

Hmm... thought I just read somewhere they were no longer renting them by the hour?

You betcha! :thumbsup2

How did you make out with Golf Cart Enterprises??? I called the Fort yesterday and was told they do allow outside companies to bring rentals in to campground guests so long as the golf carts are strictly that - golf carts. I am considering renting from GC Ent. for our trip in Jan. and was curious how their service was. Any problems?? Thanks!

How did you make out with Golf Cart Enterprises???

Great!! They were very on-the-ball, punctual, pleasant and the cart they brought us (which the guy said was about 2 years old) looked practically brand new! It's working great so far. :thumbsup2

They met us in the overflow lot with the cart on the back of a truck (right on time). No probs with Disney at all.

I just tried renting a golf cart from EZGO Carts of Orlando (12/5). The gentlemen told me that he just received a letter from Disney that they were no longer permitted to deliver carts to Fort Wilderness...

I'm not sure this applies to everyone or just his dealership? I also checked with Golf Cart Enterprises and he didn't mention not being allowed to deliver the carts.

?????

Checked again with Golf Cart Enterprises. He assures me he delivers to FW. He has a few carts there now!

I really think Disney's "official" position is that there is no outside delivery of carts. I can see this for several reasons including not getting a cut of the action, liability if someone is hurt delivering a cart etc.

Now, with that said cart delivery companies stay below the radar by using unmarked vehicles and just pulling into the overflow lot and dropping them off. The company I used kept it even quieter by unloading in the overflow lot and driving it to my site. They looked like any other tourist taking their cart to their site.

It's possible that EZGo was making it too overt to keep Disney's lawyers happy. Maybe they were handing out cards, advertising FW delivery or something else to make Disney officially tell them that they are not "sanctioned" to deliver carts to FW.

The guy that delivered our cart from Golf Cart Ent. assured us that they had no problems delivering and that in fact sometimes Disney rented carts from them for events.

We have one of their carts now - delivered this past Monday a.m. I was there at the time, and no one from Disney bothered us at all. The cart came on the back of a flatbed truck which did have the company info on the door.

Rate info is here...
http://www.golfcartenterprises.com/price.html

Looks like the base price for a week is $200 (not incl. delivery, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter