Fort wilderness cabins questions

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Do they charge for parking?
If we have our own car, is it quicker to drive to the parks than take the bus?

Do they charge for parking?
If we have our own car, is it quicker to drive to the parks than take the bus?
Yes, they charge for parking.

It is quicker to drive to the parks than taking the bus.

Disney charges for overnight parking at all its resorts.
Fort Wilderness is a Disney resort.F
Therefore, Fort Wilderness charges its [cabin] visitors for parking. Campsites may be exempt; if true, that's a great option for people refusing to pay the now six month old pay to park charge.

Caomplaints and frustration should be addressed to wdw.guest.relations@disneyworld.com. Sarcasm here is pointless.

You just found this out now?

Absolutely not. I've known about the parking fees since they were established. What I'm shocked about is each cabin has their own driveway so why would they have to pay for parking? When you make your reservation for the cabin, as far as I'm concerned, the driveway is part of the reservation you are paying for. If Disney wants to charge hotel guests to park daily in their parking lots I can understand that, but please no one should be charged a parking fee to park in a driveway that comes specifically with the unit you are paying for.

Disney charges for overnight parking at all its resorts.
Fort Wilderness is a Disney resort.F
Therefore, Fort Wilderness charges its [cabin] visitors for parking. Campsites may be exempt; if true, that's a great option for people refusing to pay the now six month old pay to park charge.

Caomplaints and frustration should be addressed to wdw.guest.relations@disneyworld.com. Sarcasm here is pointless.

kaytie, once again you prove my point that you believe Disney does no wrong. First of all I wasn't being sarcastic, I was surprised that Disney would charge family's staying in the cabins to park in a driveway that is specifically for that cabin they are renting. As far as I'm concerned that driveway is part of their cabin reservation.

kaytie, once again you prove my point that you believe Disney does no wrong. First of all I wasn't being sarcastic, I was surprised that Disney would charge family's staying in the cabins to park in a driveway that is specifically for that cabin they are renting. As far as I'm concerned that driveway is part of their cabin reservation.

I agree! It can be problematic assessing the tone of a post on the internet from someone you don’t know. Jumping to conclusions and accusing another person of sarcasm or any other negative attitude isn’t particularly productive.

I agree! It can be problematic assessing the tone of a post on the internet from someone you don’t know. Jumping to conclusions and accusing another person of sarcasm or any other negative attitude isn’t particularly productive.

I'm starting to get used to it from certain corners. I really was just surprised when I heard the people at the cabins had to pay for parking. That's all it was.

You are confusing reason with defense. My statement was akin to math set/subset.

I do apologize for confusing surprise with sarcasm. Sorry about that.

No problem. One of the problems with message boards is no one can tell the tone that something is posted in. I've mistaken how posts have been written only to be mistaken also.

I actually thought that the cabins were the one exception to the parking fees. Guess not?

We stayed in cabins and used a golf cart to get to the main bus stop or get to the boat launch area to MK. While they are very expensive, we found the golf carts to be super fun. Also nice to use to go get groceries on the Fort grounds, get a meal, I even used it to load up the laundry and drive to the nearest laundry station. When I think of the cabins, I remember the golf carts as my favorite thing. We also went over Halloween, so it was fun in the evening to drive around after dark and see all the decorated RV sites.

Called just a few minutes ago CM said cabins parking fee is $19 and camper and tent rentals are free. If you are a DVC member staying on a points or cash reservation for the cabins parking is free. If you are not at DVC member but you are using a DVC members points to stay in a cabin your parking is free.

I actually thought that the cabins were the one exception to the parking fees. Guess not?

We stayed in cabins and used a golf cart to get to the main bus stop or get to the boat launch area to MK. While they are very expensive, we found the golf carts to be super fun. Also nice to use to go get groceries on the Fort grounds, get a meal, I even used it to load up the laundry and drive to the nearest laundry station. When I think of the cabins, I remember the golf carts as my favorite thing. We also went over Halloween, so it was fun in the evening to drive around after dark and see all the decorated RV sites.

Golf Cart parking at your cabin is still free.

Free, but how much does it cost to rent the golf carts?

Depends on where you get it. If you get it from The Fort itself it's about $60 a day not including tax. Off property vendors are much cheaper and Disney doesn't charge you to park those either. I've rented them for as low as $35 a day off property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter