NFL Draft 2024

LOL, the booing has become such a tradition. I don't really imagine it bothers Roger at all. Especially when he is raking in $60+ million a year

Sigh ...Eminem. Like a fine wine, really 💕💕💕

My husband And kids Are at the draft party in Mpls, so I'm enjoying a quiet house. I hope the Vikings just pick someone useful. I heard them talking names but...🤷‍♀️
I think J.J. McCarthy could be a nice pick for you guys.

As always time will tell.

The Draft set a new record with 275,000 announced attendance!

Should be another good crowd tonight considering it is a non-work and school night for many.

KISS should write a new song called Detroit DRAFT City!

1714151542528.png

We were at the draft party for the NY Jets & Giants. So, there was probably double the amount of fans packing the stadium. :crowded: Yet, I imagine every local NFL stadium was similar. And many booed Roger Goodell on the Jumbotrons here too.

MetLife Draft Day1.jpg

Getting to stand on the stadium field:

MetLife Draft Day1a.jpg

Last edited:
Saw a bit of the TV broadcast of the NFL draft apparently being held in Detroit this year. Exactly what do all those people do standing around looking at the stage? Hard to believe that many people go just to be there.

The draft was a disaster for me. :p When I heard the team my QB of choice went to, I told DH, "If someone had asked me my worst case scenario for the NFL draft, it would have been that." :sad2: Looks like I'm going to have to pull for the Patriots, which is kind of a revolting thought for this Dolphins fan. :laughing:

Seeing that crowd makes me twitch 😵‍💫

:lmao:Aw, just substitute: if it was a big Disney meet up instead, with all the different team uniforms as love for a different Disney character. ::MickeyMo::MinnieMopooh:princess: Yet, they are all unified by their love of the same subject. :earsboy:

What they showed in Detroit was just the stage area where all the announcements were made. There was probably a big area off to the sides where all the other fun stuff was going on, like a festival. Here in NY/NJ a big section of the football field was sectioned off for kids to actually throw or kick footballs for prizes. They can now say they actually threw a football on the official Jets/Giants football field when they watch a game. 🥰

Fans get to chat endlessly about football with each other. :chat:Especially about the draft picks. One of my friend's was off a ways, chatting with a woman we all didn't know. Then she looked at us, excitedly, motioning for us to follow her. But, confused, we didn't. And she quickly follows the woman She finally wanders back with Giants memorabilia which Eli Manning just autographed, for her husband! 😮🥰 :faint: (Eli Manning was the Giants QB with 2 superbowl wins.) The other woman knew someone who could get them in to get autographs before the long line formed for him.

Other kids were wandering around with autographed footballs. Some had fresh footballs with just a few autographs. While others proudly had their footballs almost full of signatures, as they must go to these live events often to meet their real-life football heroes. 🏈 Other kids wore autographed tees. (I hope their moms Googled how to preserve Sharpie markers on clothes. 🤞)

There was free food and beer and some wine. Others were chowing down on the overly-expensive stadium food. (So the stadium makes money in the off season.) Sensory reminders to fans of past games and good times to come. Lots of free giveaways of NFL team branded merchandise. Every once in a while a worker would toss a case free Giants/Jets branded T-shirts into the crowd. (NFL branded merchandise isn't cheap.) I got a Jets T-shirt and gave it to my doorman as I know he's a HUGE Jets fan. He's happy.

Everyone goes through metal detectors to get in. And there are security guards everywhere to quickly break up any drunken squabbles. So it stays a safe, family-friendly event. A good time was had by all. 🥰

Last edited:
DH is a huge sports fan.....of all the sports. Seriously, sometimes I think it's all he watches.

But I digress. I am not a sports fan. With the exception of the Olympics and perhaps checking the score of the Michigan/Ohio State football game I do not watch sports at all.

DH did have the draft on the last few days and I must say I do believe I like watching it. I like watching the video feed of the players with their families when they hear their name called and find out that all their dreams have come true and they are going to get to play in the NFL. It is so heartwarming and fun.

I don't watch any of the stuff in between, just the players reactions.

:lmao:Aw, just substitute: if it was a big Disney meet up instead, with all the different team uniforms as love for a different Disney character. ::MickeyMo::MinnieMopooh:princess: Yet, they are all unified by their love of the same subject. :earsboy:

What they showed in Detroit was just the stage area where all the announcements were made. There was probably a big area off to the sides where all the other fun stuff was going on, like a festival. Here in NY/NJ a big section of the football field was sectioned off for kids to actually throw or kick footballs for prizes. They can now say they actually threw a football on the official Jets/Giants football field when they watch a game. 🥰

Fans get to chat endlessly about football with each other. :chat:Especially about the draft picks. One of my friend's was off a ways, chatting with someone we all didn't know. Then she looked at us, excitedly, motioning for us to follow her. But, confused, we didn't. And they quickly went off. She finally wanders back with Giants memorabilia with Eli Manning's autograph for her husband! 😮🥰 :faint: (Eli Manning was the Giants QB with 2 superbowl wins.) The other woman knew someone who could get them in to get autographs before the long line formed.

Other kids were wandering around with autographed footballs. Some had fresh footballs with just a couple autographs. While others proudly had their footballs almost full of signatures, as they must go to these live events often to meet their real-life football heroes. 🏈

There was free food and beer and some wine. Others were chowing down on the overly-expensive stadium food. (So the stadium makes money in the off season.) Reminders to fans of past games and good times to come. Lots of free giveaways of NFL team branded merchandise. Every once in a while a worker would toss a case free Giants/Jets branded T-shirts into the crowd. (NFL branded merchandise isn't cheap.) I got a Jets T-shirt and gave it to my doorman as I know he's a HUGE Jets fan.

Everyone goes through metal detectors to get in. And there are security guards everywhere to quickly break up any drunken squabbles. So it stays a safe, family-friendly event. A good time was had by all. 🥰
Sounds like a fun PARTY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter