FORT FIENDS DREAM CRUISE Sept 4th, 2011 (Labor Day Week)

auntie, you need to join us, I need another New Yorker so everyone doesn't make fun of how I talk.
You can always wear a life jacket all the time.
When we went on a curise last year, two people did get sick, one on the way there and one on the way back, the ship turned around and went back to Ft Piece and the coast guard came and get the man and his family from the ship, everything went really well. Then on the way home they turned around and went back to Nassau. They have trained people on the ships, and as Rhonda said you are never that far away from land.
Nothing is going to happen to the Fort Fiends anyway.

Rhonda, would we need passports for this?

No, technically, you do not NEED passports -- but it is HIGHLY recommended!

The law says, as long as you return to the same port that you sailed from (i.e. Port Canaveral) you do not need a passport. You can get by with just an original birth certificate (with the raised seal) and your drivers license.

BUT -- if there was a problem while you were gone....if you missed the ship in one of the ports, or if you got sick and had to fly back....you would have a very hard time getting back into the country without your passport.

So, long story short -- no, passports are not required for this sailing, but I strongly urge everyone to have one.

Besides, it makes things much easier! It's harder to fumble around with licenses and birth certificates, than it is to just flash the passport! :)

Hey everyone! I have some good news!

I checked with our manager here at DU, and he said if we can get a large enough group, booked through Dreams, for this cruise, we can do some special "cool stuff"!!

He won't go into details yet, but trust me....when he says "cool" stuff, he really means it!! I've seen some of DU's "cool stuff" before!

The "cool stuff" would, of course, be in addition to the Shipboard Credit that you would already get for booking through Dreams.

So, I have a favor to ask. Will everybody who is considering going on this cruise, please PM me (or email me) so I can get a preliminary count? There is no obligation, of course. I won't hold you to it. lol I just want to get an idea of what kind of numbers we might be looking at (to see if it will be enough for "cool stuff") :)

Thanks!

I've got to give this cruise thing some serious thought. :confused:

On the one hand...Bob has always wanted to go on a cruise...:boat:
Out at sea..hundres of miles from land (maybe thousands:confused3)...
no kids, no bills, no annoying relatives you want to back a car over:drive:, no aggravation. :wizard:
Sounds heavenly.:littleangel:

On the other hand...You're talking about thousands of people confined to a relatively small location :crowded: spreading germs by the billions. :sick:
Not to mention the possible ramifications of being stranded out at sea during a medical emergency :rolleyes2
Hmm...:scratchin let's see....
You've got your possible heart attacks :faint:...your appendicitis, :scared: your emergency brain surgery:worried: and so on. Oh..there always that diabetic coma too.::yes::
Let's not forget the chance of some freankin' sunami wave drowning you while you're trying to take advantage of that all you can eat breakfast. :mad:
I mean realistically speaking, you're not getting your monies worth if you wind up swimming with the fish.:fish:...and the eggs would definetly be soggy. :sad2:

Last time I took the ferry to Connecticut ...I took a pair of swimmies with me in my pocketbook. You can't be too careful you know. ;)
Hey..laugh if you will,:snooty: but if that ship went down..I'd be floatin' in Long Island sound waving to the rescue copter...tellin' the crew where the rest of those suckers went down. :upsidedow

:coffee: I don't know...Bob says I over think things.
Could be..that's why we've never been on a cruise. :beach:

Phyllis...you MUST come!!!! It will be a blast! And don't worry, I'm certified in CPR and AED if you should need it, which you won't! These ships are HUGE and you probably won't ever even realize how many people are actually on board. Please, please, please come with us!!!! :grouphug:

auntie, you need to join us, I need another New Yorker so everyone doesn't make fun of how I talk.
You can always wear a life jacket all the time..

AND...what exactly is da madda wit da way we tawk?:cool2:
Sumbodies got a problem wit it? :mad:

Phyllis.....I would LOVE to meet you.....please dont scare yourself out of this!!!

I can't even make it sound funny becuase I think it's normal. But everyone down here thinks I should invite uall to thirdy third and third steet.
But now after 20 some odd years I am starting to say uall with a Brooklyn accent!!!!:rotfl2:

Tina.....I gotta say....this may be the only vacation Im may be more excited about than I was staying in your camper!!!! This really seems like its gonna be a blast!!! You SHOULD come!!!

Phyllis.....I would LOVE to meet you.....please dont scare yourself out of this!!!

:wave2: Oh..not scared Rog. I just like to be prepared for anything that could happen :laughing: I pretty much anticipate the worst..and hope for the best!
(so, I'll be bring extra swimmies, and start hoarding spare antibiotics, and you can't go wrong with antibacterial wipes either..I've heard about some of those ship board viruses.:sad2:)

:rotfl:

I'm giving the cruise serious thought Rog... :sail:
In fact, Bob and I will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary that September. :lovestruc Sooo...it might be nice to celebrate with FIENDS! :wizard:

I've got to give this cruise thing some serious thought. :confused:

On the one hand...Bob has always wanted to go on a cruise...:boat:
Out at sea..hundres of miles from land (maybe thousands:confused3)...
no kids, no bills, no annoying relatives you want to back a car over:drive:, no aggravation. :wizard:
Sounds heavenly.:littleangel:

On the other hand...You're talking about thousands of people confined to a relatively small location :crowded: spreading germs by the billions. :sick:
Not to mention the possible ramifications of being stranded out at sea during a medical emergency :rolleyes2
Hmm...:scratchin let's see....
You've got your possible heart attacks :faint:...your appendicitis, :scared: your emergency brain surgery:worried: and so on. Oh..there always that diabetic coma too.::yes::
Let's not forget the chance of some freakin' sunami wave drowning you while you're trying to take advantage of that all you can eat breakfast. :mad:
I mean realistically speaking, you're not getting your monies worth if you wind up swimming with the fish.:fish:...and the eggs would definetly be soggy. :sad2:

Last time I took the ferry to Connecticut ...I took a pair of swimmies with me in my pocketbook. You can't be too careful you know. ;)
Hey..laugh if you will,:snooty: but if that ship went down..I'd be floatin' in Long Island sound waving to the rescue copter...tellin' the crew where the rest of those suckers went down. :upsidedow

:coffee: I don't know...Bob says I over think things.
Could be..that's why we've never been on a cruise. :beach:

Phyllis you crack me up :lmao:

So, never having been on a cruise. What kind of room is everyone looking at? I have heard the middle of the ship you don't feel as much motion. What about up higher or lower, do you feel the sway?

So, never having been on a cruise. What kind of room is everyone looking at? I have heard the middle of the ship you don't feel as much motion. What about up higher or lower, do you feel the sway?

We just asked Rhonda to book us a Category 6B Verandah room. I really wanted the Veranda and since there is only 2 of us, not too painful of a price. (Actually staying at Disney with food and stuff would cost us that much). It looks like our cabin will be on level 6 or 7 toward the rear of the ship.

On our cruise 20 years ago, we had a day of pretty bad seas and because the swells were in all four directions they had to bring up the stabilizers. That was not a good day and I did get sick. Of course that was 20 years ago, ship technology has changed drastically. The Carnival Jubilee was 40K tons and one of the largest in the industry at that time. The Dream is triple that size!!!.

I think we'll all be fine.

I have to say that is the part that scares me. I know I would take something everyday, just because I don't want to chance getting sick. I really want to do this though. 4 days would be a good test of my sea legs.

Holy cow Carol, you booked yours already??? I have to pay my taxes and then maybe I can start scraping together a deposit. I think George is with me on this, so that is a good sign.

The last time I went on a cruise, I spent the majority of the time locked in my room with the lights off, praying that God would take me out of my misery. I plan on looking at the ingredients of everything I eat this time.

NO CHOCOLATE!

The last time I went on a cruise, I spent the majority of the time locked in my room with the lights off, praying that God would take me out of my misery. I plan on looking at the ingredients of everything I eat this time.

NO CHOCOLATE!

Oh no Jen! Was it an allergy thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter