Forced to pay a higher price from that I originally paid at FWL horseback ride.

ALK$Disney

Mouseketeer
In May, I booked the horseback ride at Wilderness Lodge for our upcoming trip in November, and I was charged $46 per person. This is STILL the current price that is listed on the Disneyworld website. Today I get an email stating that the price has gone up to $55 per person, and I have to pay the new price or they will cancel my reservation. Not at all happy about this. I was on the phone for nearly one hour trying to get this resolved, but I had to pay the current price. We are spending thousands of dollars for our upcoming trip, so a $9 increase per person isn't going to break the bank, but I don't like this type of business practice one bit. If I already paid the price listed on the website, I don't think its right for Disney to force me to pay the difference or threaten to cancel my reservation. I was so upset that I considered cancelling, but I ended up paying the difference because I had promised my girls to take them on this.

NOT COOL DISNEY!! :mad::mad:

In May, I booked the horseback ride at Wilderness Lodge for our upcoming trip in November, and I was charged $46 per person. This is STILL the current price that is listed on the Disneyworld website. Today I get an email stating that the price has gone up to $55 per person, and I have to pay the new price or they will cancel my reservation. Not at all happy about this. I was on the phone for nearly one hour trying to get this resolved, but I had to pay the current price. We are spending thousands of dollars for our upcoming trip, so a $9 increase per person isn't going to break the bank, but I don't like this type of business practice one bit. If I already paid the price listed on the website, I don't think its right for Disney to force me to pay the difference or threaten to cancel my reservation. I was so upset that I considered cancelling, but I ended up paying the difference because I had promised my girls to take them on this.

NOT COOL DISNEY!! :mad::mad:
Wow. So you already paid in full weeks ago but Disney came back and said "give us more money"? Hell no would I be paying a penny more. Call back tomorrow, demand a supervisor and tell them you want the difference refunded immediately.

I know you promised them this, but find somewhere around where you live to go ride on horseback. Probably cheaper and longer ride.

I agree with @DaisyJ to call, get a supervisor and politely inform them that you paid in full weeks ago and that this new rate change should not be affecting you.

I'm wondering if you did actually prepay- because Disney didn't charge me for stuff like the hoop de doo until my trip started, so I wouldn't think they'd charge you for that ride this far in advance. But by all means, I agree with the others, if you can provide proof they charged you, get on a phone with a supervisor!

I was on a phone today for Over an hour with a CM who Took the time to actually listen to Exactly what my issue was ( a bounceback booked as a pkg room versus a room only reservation and Originally told by the cm that booked it that it could easily be changed to room only, at same rate etc) well this was my 2nd very long call...
I was quoted almost $600.oo More for a lower grade room!?! I refused to settle on it. This new CM then agreed and ( I literally had documented times n names) spoke with the Supv and took care of Everything!!
Finally they apologized for their Error and it was apparently MIScoded .. then that computer update delay.
Today, it was Corrected and straightened out,) but I digress...

OP I'd call back tomorrow, ask for guest services, give a Brief description and ask to speak with a Supervisor.
I think that's Awful to be UP charged if u either prepaid Or were quoted the rate and had it held/booked
Best of luck, hope you ll update us with good news.
Pixie dust ur way!

Interesting. Whenever I've booked prepay events like Hoop Dee Doo, the money has always come out of my account immediately upon booking.

It may have been a bank batching issue to be fair. It showed up, disappeared, and then finally went through 3 weeks later the day my trip started.

So not cool. Let us know if things got resolved. Is this a new practice that you book and pay for an activity then have to pay more if price changes? I'd cancel just out of general principle!
What will they do next? If you book a room at one price, then it goes up, are they going to demand you pay the new price?

It definitely still says $46 on the website right now (My dd loves horses and I thought she would love it so I looked it up, but she is too small for that one)

OP So you are clear -- The Horseback ride is at Fort Wilderness Resort - the campground, not Wilderness Lodge.
I too would like to hear if you actually paid in advance, or if that was the price quoted to you.
If the price goes up before an event but I haven't paid, I can see needing to pay the new price when I go. But if I had prepaid that is a different story for me
Please Clarify for us

Was on the phone today with guest services again and they cannot give me the $46 price as I originally paid. Apparently the prices are set to go up in October to $55, so since we are going in November, the system will not let them make the price adjustment. That's a bunch of BS if you ask me. A customer should never be asked to pay more once you paid the advertised price. That's just bad business, but I guess they really don't care. They told me some nonsense about how they are "overhauling" their systems and some things are being missed. How is that my fault?? I really should cancel, but my girls have been looking forward to do this activity.

As far as activities such as horseback riding and horse carriage rides, they always charge you up front. My credit card was immediately charged for the full price. We did the horse carriage ride the last time we were at WDW, and I was charged up front. We are also going to the Hoop Dee Do dinner/Show, and we are charged on our credit card right as I booked.

Was on the phone today with guest services again and they cannot give me the $46 price as I originally paid. Apparently the prices are set to go up in October to $55, so since we are going in November, the system will not let them make the price adjustment. That's a bunch of BS if you ask me. A customer should never be asked to pay more once you paid the advertised price. That's just bad business, but I guess they really don't care. They told me some nonsense about how they are "overhauling" their systems and some things are being missed. How is that my fault?? I really should cancel, but my girls have been looking forward to do this activity.

As far as activities such as horseback riding and horse carriage rides, they always charge you up front. My credit card was immediately charged for the full price. We did the horse carriage ride the last time we were at WDW, and I was charged up front. We are also going to the Hoop Dee Do dinner/Show, and we are charged on our credit card right as I booked.
That is sorry. No way around it. If they can do this with activities and such, when will they eventually do it to room rates?

And its just strange. I have never heard of Disney doing this with paid reservations and such. Could it be a new approach for the future? Makes me wonder.

That's really rubbish. We are putting our prices up in the future, so even though we charged you the extant full price, you need to pay more?
I know over here there are laws prohibiting such things, not sure how it works over there.

Email guest services. Take a screenshot of the current advertised price. Be sure to tell them it is unreasonable for them to expect you to accommodate future, unadvertised price adjustments. And demand they credit you the difference.

This is malarkey. They cannot charge more than the advertised price because they "plan" on increasing it.

So... disney offered you a service, quoted you a price, you paid that price and then they are basically ...demanding more money as they are Increasing the price ...in the future?
Wow!
I'd personally email guest services with a simplified polite explanation and request a refund if they now UPcharged you ( and print out the online cost/proof)
I'd POST it on Facebook and anywhere else I felt...
I'd follow with an actual letter to disney (corporate?)
If you happen to be an AP holder, repeat visitor, fla resident include that info.
I personally find it DISpicable and very UNdisney like ( and in their words... certainly not ...above and beyond... as far as expectations)
Just plain wrong...imho

FYI, WL has no horseback riding. Riding is at Ft Wilderness. Make sure you are going to the correct place.

WL is a deluxe resort and FW is the campgrounds. They are very different.

I'd consider contacting the FL attorney general's office. This is pretty scam like business practice. Did you get some sort of receipt of your payment, or documentation about expectations of services for payment you made?

Oh, an I would let the supervisor know that you will be contacting the FL AG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter