For all of us who will be/have been affected by Hurricane Sandy

Prayers for everyone!! Stay safe! I can not imagine and my heart goes out to everyone affected.

We were debating on what to do about our upcoming trip. We were supposed to head to NYC on Dec. 9-12?? Debating on what to do. Right now we are going to play it by a ear and decide. My MIL really wanted to go to Ellis and Liberty Island. I can only imagine the damage that could have possibly happened yesterday :worried:

hope you can still go, sure most of the mess will be cleaned up by then!

We are all safe here. No damage. I was able to get home from work without any detours this morning. Did see some damage on the way home.
I hope everyone stays safe and the restore power to those who have lost it.
Kids have school tomorrow and trick or treating is moved to Saturday

happy to hear you all are okay!

We got power back at 2, woohoo!!!
Kids have no school tomorrow, so we are just chilling out, watching tv.

:dance3: great news!

has anyone heard from Erin? think they were supposed to leave on their WDW trip in the next day or so

I sent a text to Erin... Hoping to hear from here if she has power... or hopefully once she arrives in Disney. Fingers crossed.

thanks Nan, hope they are okay and get to go on the trip!

I've been in touch with Erin.. they are without power..and their flights were cancelled.. so they loaded up the munchkins and are headed south for vacation. They are currently in DC traffic but are making their way...

She'll be back online after she returns in a week and a half! :)

She thanked all of us for the concerning but they are doing good. She asked about everyone else and I assured here everyone was fine and minimal damage if any.

I've been in touch with Erin.. they are without power..and their flights were cancelled.. so they loaded up the munchkins and are headed south for vacation. They are currently in DC traffic but are making their way...

She'll be back online after she returns in a week and a half! :)

She thanked all of us for the concerning but they are doing good. She asked about everyone else and I assured here everyone was fine and minimal damage if any.

that's wonderful news...happy they were able to do the trip!

P & PD for those cleaning up after the storm. Glad most everyone had minmal damage!

finally heard from our Long Island friends, they are okay, basements flooded, but they are safe....guess my BIL heard from one of them on Monday and didn't pass it along to me....stupid man :mad::mad:

my friend in NJ is still without power and is running low on gas for generator and no gas stations open in her area, house is getting so cold, they will probably figure out somewhere to stay if power not back on tomorrow (Her DH is in HongKong , so she's dealing with this and the 2 girls all by herself)

Glad to hear that all of my Dis friends are ok!! I saw Erin on fb yesterday and they were headed down to Disney. :)

My sister is in Brooklyn...it's not too bad where she is because they're high enough above ground so they didn't get flooded, and she didn't loose power. Her work is still closed, so she is volunteering with clean up efforts as much as she can.

Lisa-she offered to shelter friends that don't have power, so if your friend in NJ doesn't figure out something let me know...I'm sure she wouldn't mind, especially if there are children involved.

Glad to hear that all of my Dis friends are ok!! I saw Erin on fb yesterday and they were headed down to Disney. :)

My sister is in Brooklyn...it's not too bad where she is because they're high enough above ground so they didn't get flooded, and she didn't loose power. Her work is still closed, so she is volunteering with clean up efforts as much as she can.

Lisa-she offered to shelter friends that don't have power, so if your friend in NJ doesn't figure out something let me know...I'm sure she wouldn't mind, especially if there are children involved.

happy to hear your sister is okay Anne! so sweet she is offering to help her neighbors!
thanks for the offer ....my friends are bunking at some other friends( they got their power back yesterday afternoon) for the time being...she is hoping to find gas today so she can keep their generator running for the freezer/fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter