For all of us who will be/have been affected by Hurricane Sandy

lovingthemouse

magic is in the heart of the beholder...
Praying that all of us remain safe throughout the next few days. I do not have a data plan on my cellphone, so if the power goes, I will be out of the loop ... except to call family and friends.

If you can keep in touch, do, so that we know you are safe. Hugs to everyone in the path!! Caroline

PS - they have cancelled every school sytem in western Mass now, colleges too!

School has been cancelled here for tomorrow. We are staying in. Hope everyone stays safe!

DH called to tell me around three that he had gotten the call for cancellation. A very loud cheer went up from the 4 girls with me at the corn maze ;)

Stay safe all!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Stay safe to all in Ma and in the path. My families on the coast and they will have their road go under for sure. Quincy closed too, as did boston.

We've heard nothing but almost all of the villagers have mad plans to evac if needed. But last check was 2-4" of rain so hopefully that's all we get.

No data plan here either but I'll text jen if there are issues.

Stay safe all

I have been in contact w/ Buffy and they are bunkered down.. and her schools have been canceled til Tuesday for sure...but it could be longer.. think they decided to play it a few days at a time...

Many prayers that all of you stay safe... :hug:

Just got back from Atlanta this afternoon - thinking about all of my northern scrapbook buddies - stay safe! I will be thinking and praying for you...

Becky

We are closed Monday and Tuesday. I'm at work now and I am in a unit without windows so I don't know what is going on outside. I just want to get home in the morning.
Be safe everyone.

My prayers are with all of you going through this. I hope it ends up being much less than they are expecting so it will be easier to recover.

Rebecca

It's only rain right now (inland Massachusetts - we're about an hour from the beach, but watching on the news, there is lots and lots of wind and water at the coast). The governor strongly recommended all schools close, and private business as well, but DH's office did not close...He's there for now, I hope they send them home early.

Keeping my fingers crossed for no power outage. If we get as much rain as they think and we lose power, our sump pump will not work and my basement will flood...Ick.

Stay safe all!

Jen I hatedumb bosses like that. Tell him to stay safe. Some schools in our area are even closed today others closing early NOTHING from our scholl yet. If it's bad I'll pull the boys when I leave work.

Stay safe I'm off to work till 1

Stay safe girls..

Christy, I don't blame you for pulling the boys early.. seems they would have been proactive about this storm considering just over a year ago.. ERR!!

Our school is closed for today and for sure tomorrow. I'm very thankful they decided this early. It gave me time to get the boys to stay with my mom and sister so I could be at work. Why is it all the whackos come out to do stupid stuff when the weather gets nasty? Last time the school waited until the last minute to close and by then they had kids that couldn't get home. They had to put a shelter at the school for kids/faculty to stay. Needless to say there were some irate parents.
We are expecting 6-8" beginning about 2 p.m. today and then 25-60 MPH winds for the next 36 hours. Gonna be a long day, and night, and day. ::yes::

All of my east coast friends stay safe. It will all be history before we know it.

stay safe everyone....prayers and pixie dust for the storm to lose strength

Been thinking about my Eastern Dis friends. Hope everyone is safe and that the damage is much better than expected.

Wind seems to be picking up. I've turned off the TV because I can't stand much more of the same newscast. I think 24 hour coverage is a bit much at this point.

Wind seems to be picking up. I've turned off the TV because I can't stand much more of the same newscast. I think 24 hour coverage is a bit much at this point.

It was windy here a little while ago, but now seems to have died down. Some drizzling rain, but not much else. I keep looking out the window thinking "is this it?", but I know this isn't the worst of it. I wish it would just hurry up and do what its going to do and let us get back to our regular schedule. The gas station up the block here is out of gas. Seriously? Is it going to get that bad here? This whole place looks like a ghost town, and there's nothing really happening.....yet.

I agree. I understand "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" and that they really really don't know what could happen (if I'm without power for a week again though, I'll cry), but the HYPE! Good gravy, it's not like we haven't had rain and wind before...

I'm fine with it staying like it is for now, I'd prefer DH be home before the worst of it hits anyhow.

just talked to my friend in Bridgewater NJ and they are hunkering down...got a generator for their sump pumps, etc.

told her the freezer trick to keep things colder Cassey!

keep us updated when you can everyone!

Hi all! The winds have officially picked up here in Lancaster, PA! I've done some printing and journalling so I have some scrapbooking I can do over the next few days. They closed schools for today and tomorrow but I'm thinking it's likely to go longer as they said that once power goes it that it could be out for 5 days or more. (AH)

I have a data plan but expect to only use our phones for emergencies, to check in with family near Philly, and to check with school openings on Wednesday.

Today I took care of the essentials...baking cupcakes, cookies, and muffins. :lmao:

We moved into this house just a little over a year ago and dealt with water issues then. We were advised that it was just a once in 30 year event and we shouldn't see water in the basement again any time soon. bah. Still dry as of now and hoping it stays that way! 5-7" of rain expected!! :scared1:

To everyone else affected...stay safe and dry!! I'm so grateful so many schools and businesses have closed and so many are at home. I can't wait for this to be over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter