For all of us who will be/have been affected by Hurricane Sandy

Have to chuckle at the baking, we did some this morning too. Cooked 5 meals yesterday, so we are set for now. Gas grill was corroded, as we discovered yesterday as we cleaned it, or attempted to. Thank heavens for the sterno cans , and our neighbors lent us their Coleman stove, in the event we have no power at some point.

My sister, just north of Philly, said the winds are picking up quite briskly now. The roads in her county are closed as of 1 pm. The bigger highways in Connecticut closed at 1 pm also.

While it may not look so bad right now, after our tornado in June, 2012, and our hurricane/snow storm last October 30th, I take no chances. Not an alarmist, just cautious. Stay safe!

Boy, did i speak too soon. In less than an hour since I posted, the winds here are quite strong now.

P&PD everyone stays safe:littleangel: Its all over the news here and it looks so scary:scared:

She's definitely here too...a tree the neighbor's yard has cracked off a pretty big piece from the top and fallen into our yard. Didn't seem that bad yet, so if this is the beginning, it's going to be REALLY bad later. Noise scared the heck out of Morgan and I. :scared1:

She's definitely here too...a tree the neighbor's yard has cracked off a pretty big piece from the top and fallen into our yard. Didn't seem that bad yet, so if this is the beginning, it's going to be REALLY bad later. Noise scared the heck out of Morgan and I. :scared1:

Did it sound like lightning hitting really close? That's what I remember it sounding like a couple of years ago when the tree hit our house. It was really scary. Please try and stay safe and know that it will all be over soon enough.

The wind ripped the flag from the flagpole here at work a while ago. That's how I knew she means business. Wind seems to have settled down a bit now again, but its raining pretty hard.

My boys are safe and sound at my mom's house with her and my dad and my sister to spoil them. Think they will be spending the night there tonight and hopefully coming home tomorrow when I get home from work. Hoping I can get home and get some baking done and some soup made to bring in here for the work guys tomorrow. I'm sure they will be out in the rain most of the day and some nice hot soup will be just what they need.....if my power at home lasts that long.

Eep! We lost power for a minute. Thank goodness it came right back on. DH is home I feel better that we're all home together. He's worried about the lattice on our deck though.

The tree was a really loud crack. I thought that's what it was, thankfully it's not that near the house.

That's a nice idea. I bet they would appreciate a hot soup after being outside all day. I made a really easy crock pot corn chowder yesterday. If you're interested, search double corn and potato chowder on BettyCrocker.com.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wind has been steadily increasing here all day and the barometric pressure is falling equally steadily. It's supposed to only be a wind event here in the valley, but it's raining now. I cooked and baked yesterday because although we have a generator, it won't run the stove. I figgered better be prepared - I could be having guests if a power outage lasts very long ;) I just hope cable doesn't go. What will we do withought the compute? I know. Spoiled!

Fingers crossed Linda..
I've been keeping Buffy updated from the weather channel... she doesn't have cable any more..
Our winds here have been a constant 25 mph.. I couldn't imagine all the additional the east coast/inland is dealing with currently especially with the wind gusts...

we are having a windy day here too :confused3 nothing compared to the east coast, but still some good strong gusts thrown in...hate this kind of weather :scared1:

We still have power. We had an early dinner, dishes are picked up and Morgan has showered. I think I'll hop in too, just in case.

Wind is still pretty loud and it's quite rainy. So far so good.

Wind and rain have picked up here. Dinner is being consummed now and I've got a couple of books to read. We've lost a couple of trees and 1/2 the village is without power from a tree.

Stay safe all!

Lost power at 6, thankfully I had made dinner at 4. Won't post much because I don't want to kill my battery in my phone.

Lost 2 trees on the side of the house. Both we knew would come down. Thankfully they fell away from the house.

RV is in the field away from trees and gassed up and ready to go so we can move it back up to the house and live in it until power is restored. Just waiting for the winds to die down.

Kids are having a blast playing in the dark. DH and I are going to boil water on the Coleman stove so we can do dishes and have tea.

Major cleanup ahead when Sandy goes away. Hopefully we will be spared the brunt so we can help others.

Will touch base tomorrow!

Stay safe everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Lost power for a couple hours, thank goodness I made dinner early. School has been cancelled here for tomorrow here. Boss called earlier, he said he will call me tomorrow. We have lost one tree in the way back of the yard, I am still nervous about the rest.

Glad to hear everyone is doing okay.

Got the call around 5:30, no school tomorrow. The wind gusts are supposed to continue through the night. Hoping we're done with the worst of it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hang in there everyone - we are praying for your safety and quick return to power....

Becky

Crazy here. I actually braved the weather to get to work. A nurses job is never done. I just want to be able to get home in the am.

happy every is safe and hope you all continue to be so through the night :hug:

happy every is safe and hope you all continue to be so through the night :hug:

I second that! I know we had wind from the storm for 2 full days while it was moving up way to the east of Florida. Stay safe and let us know how you are doing as you can.

Rebecca

It appears that the worst is over for us - still strong winds, and some rain, but when i took the dog out, I could actually see the moon behind the clouds.
My sister in PA has had it much worse, but she's safe. We were so very lucky - clearly being watched over!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter