FOP Motion Sickness

I use Scopolamine patches for motion sickness. They're prescription, high copay, and much better than any OTC med or sea bands.

I have yet to experience FOP, but I will say that Sea Bands didn't do squat for me in the past. I have found the patches effective against motion sickness, but it caused my eyes to dilate, a not so great side effect.

I have to say after reading this I was torn on if I would ride FOP on my upcoming trip. I get motion sickness on all the computer simulated rides, ok on soarin but can't do expedition everest. I just watched the ride on youtube so I wouldn't feel like I totally missed out when my kids rode. I think I am making the right choice because even just watching the video on the computer made me a little queasy!!

My background: I can ride Star Tours twice before conceding defeat; Space Mtn once and it takes awhile to recover; Everest is rough but once is doable; even 7 Dwarfs is usually a "one and done".

Flight of Passage was not bad, I didn't close my eyes. I would not want to ride it more than once a day but will ride it again.

Well, I had no idea this ride would do that. Thanks for the heads up. Minions & Simpsons were horrible for me & I had my eyes closed most of the rides. Forbidden Journey was fine til the Quidditch part. I skipped Transformers due to Simpsons. I have yet to do Mission Space or Star Tours due to how sick I usually get. I just can't handle rides where screen and I am moving. I love roller coasters though.
I am one to get motion sick on bus rides. I have learned on my trip to Costa Rica that when I am feeling nauseous, to rub peppermint oil on my hands and just breathe that in with my eyes closed or looking up at the ceiling. It helped from needing a barf bag. So I will be packing my peppermint oil for our next WDW trip.

Definitely take your peppermint however, I will say that The Simpsons ride almost did my husband in, and he always gets sick on Star Tours and bus rides over about 30min, but he had no issues at all on FOP, he loved it, the air blowing directly on you was likely very helpful for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter