• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Florida Resident Tickets for Rental Property Owner (live out of state)

I have a friend who lives next door to me from December through April. She is certainly a Snowbird. She would like to go at a discount to Walt Disney World with me, but how can she prove it? Yes she rents her house on Airbnb. She has a Michigan drivers license, and no bills at all that come to Florida. So it’s definitely not true that all snowbirds can be admitted to Disney world as a Florida resident, and that is what I am saying. Owning property here, or renting a house during snowbird season is not a Florida resident.
But she could if she changed the address on the appropriate bills.
Besides, who said ALL snow birds?
I'm not sure what you are arguing about at any rate.
Disney allows you to get the discount without having to get a Driver's License in FL. Is that not clear enough for you that part time residents can get the discount provided they meet the other requirements? Disney makes is very easy. If someone wants to do it.

Disney allows you to get the discount without having to get a Driver's License in FL. Is that not clear enough for you that part time residents can get the discount provided they meet the other requirements? Disney makes is very easy. If someone wants to do it.
I really don't understand the discussion. It's pretty clear what you need to have to get a Florida resident rate. I'm confused about the confusion

I have a Florida home.
I have permanent residency in Georgia.
I do not have a FL Driver License.
We have had both Disney and Universal APs for years.

At BOTH Disney & Universal, they accepted -

A copy of my Florida Home Mortgage Statement.
My mortgage statements are mailed to Georgia.
But they show the FL home address in description.

For my adult kids, they accepted -
A copy of a Bank Statement with the FL address.

In order to do the monthly payment plan for APs, we did need to use a FL address based credit card.

Last edited:

Don't credit cards come from financial institutions?
Mostly, but my point is that Disney doesn't list them--only checking, savings, and investment accounts. One can't infer that credit card statements are automatically included. Disney is pretty specific in their list.

Sorry if it seems argumentative, that was not my intent at all. I was just trying to help clarify what WDW needed for me to prove my Florida residency, to clarify that snowbirds didn’t mean ALL snowbirds. They ask you for proof that you reside in Florida, but not all snowbirds who rent or even own would necessarily have that proof handy.

Mostly, but my point is that Disney doesn't list them--only checking, savings, and investment accounts. One can't infer that credit card statements are automatically included. Disney is pretty specific in their list.
I can tell you, from first hand account, that a cc statement works

Sorry if it seems argumentative, that was not my intent at all. I was just trying to help clarify what WDW needed for me to prove my Florida residency, to clarify that snowbirds didn’t mean ALL snowbirds. They ask you for proof that you reside in Florida, but not all snowbirds who rent or even own would necessarily have that proof handy.
No one has ever said otherwise, have they? Plus, that's not the question at hand.
Heck, my brother DOES live in FL but still has a TN license and all his bills are going to his TN home. He's not moved anything to FL yet, and he's been there over a year. Now, I'm not saying he is making a WISE choice but simply saying that even someone who is a FL resident can have issues getting the stuff together if they don't try. That doesn't mean they don't qualify, it means they haven't tried to do what is necessary. Which is why I said Disney isn't taking anyone's word for it. You have to gather what is necessary and if you want the discount bad enough, you can do it. The mechanism is in place, THAT is the entirety of the point of the entire thread. IF Snow Birds (part time residents) did not qualify in any way, then Disney would require a FL DL and 2 other forms of proof of residing in FL full time. They don't do that. They allow out of state DL provided you meet secondary requirements.
It's not that you are seeming argumentative, I think you are stuck on the wrong thing and missing the point that so many have tried to explain. Everyone has said as long as you have the documents that Disney lists, you qualify. This includes Snow Birds. IF they want/try. Who knows if they do or will. That doesn't change the fact that they CAN

And, as an fyi, it doesn't even need to be a U.S. issued ID, you can use a passport from anywhere and as long as you have the secondary form of florida address requirement you're good to go

I have a friend who lives next door to me from December through April. She is certainly a Snowbird. She would like to go at a discount to Walt Disney World with me, but how can she prove it? Yes she rents her house on Airbnb. She has a Michigan drivers license, and no bills at all that come to Florida. So it’s definitely not true that all snowbirds can be admitted to Disney world as a Florida resident, and that is what I am saying. Owning property here, or renting a house during snowbird season is not a Florida resident.
Let's be honest, renting a place is very different than owning a place in FL. If you own property in FL; you will most likely be able to qualify in some way; as you own property and pay taxes in the state. It just depends on how many hoops you're willing to jump through. Renting though is in NO way the same as owning property in the state. You're comparing apples to oranges and I can't imagine anyone on here was thinking you could qualify if you rented a vacation home for a few weeks/months with no other ties (DL etc.) to the state.

How does owning property in a state make you a resident of that state when you maintain your permanent residence another state? You can only be a resident of one state at a time. The OP's title to this thread says it all. They live out of state. If they live out of state they are not Florida residents. They do not qualify for Florida resident discounts.

Last edited:
How does owning property in a state make you a resident of that state when you maintain your permanent residence another state? You can only be a resident of one state at a time. The OP's title to this thread says it all. They live out of state. If they live out of state they are not Florida residents. They do not qualify for Florida resident discounts.
What you deem a Florida's resident is your opinion, Disney, Sea World and Universal all have the same policy of accepting these additional documents as proof of Florida's residency. The original poster was asking if a specific document will work, and it does

I believe Florida realizes how many residents they have that are part timers. They have decided to allow them to get discounts. You don’t have to like it. Don’t use the discounts if you don’t agree. But their policies are their policies

Thank you all for your replies! I am planning to go on a family trip in October where in-laws are paying for our passes, but I plan to roll those tickets into annual passes and pay the difference. My next question is (which may be on a different forum) is there a way to reserve annual passes now (so that I can get them before a potential price increase), but redeem them in October but also roll in the passes my in-laws are planning to pay for? I don't want annual passes for the days we are going since they are blocked out for part of the trip and the day passes are not blocked out. Does anyone have experience reserving annual passes ahead of a trip but using regular passes to roll into that annual pass? If this is on a different forum, feel free to direct me that way! Thanks!

Thank you all for your replies! I am planning to go on a family trip in October where in-laws are paying for our passes, but I plan to roll those tickets into annual passes and pay the difference. My next question is (which may be on a different forum) is there a way to reserve annual passes now (so that I can get them before a potential price increase), but redeem them in October but also roll in the passes my in-laws are planning to pay for? I don't want annual passes for the days we are going since they are blocked out for part of the trip and the day passes are not blocked out. Does anyone have experience reserving annual passes ahead of a trip but using regular passes to roll into that annual pass? If this is on a different forum, feel free to direct me that way! Thanks!
No.
One or the other but not both
Well, you can always call to ask if they'll let you upgrade your tickets to an AP voucher but normally, the answer is no. That has to be done in person.

I too am confused by the confusion. I’ve commented on a few similar threads to this in the last month or so. I own a residence in Florida that I spend a few months of the year in. I use a utility bill in my name sent to that address to get the Florida discount. Disney is very clear about what forms they will accept for the discount. They are strict that you meet their stated requirements, but if you do indeed meet them, they don’t bat an eyelash. It doesn’t matter how much time you spend at the residence if you can satisfy their requirements. I think it’s because, as someone above mentioned, Disney is aware of how many people own a dual residence in Florida.

I’ve seen the same people come onto these threads and argue that people who own a residence in Florida but don’t live there primarily wont qualify. That’s just absolutely untrue.

Last edited:
How does this apply with a 15 to 16-year-old child that doesn’t have a drivers license? By Disney standards they’re an adult (10+), but they don’t have any documentation. As long as they have the same last name as me, and I have documentation, do they get the discount?

How does this apply with a 15 to 16-year-old child that doesn’t have a drivers license? By Disney standards they’re an adult (10+), but they don’t have any documentation. As long as they have the same last name as me, and I have documentation, do they get the discount?

The cutoff for children and resident tickets are 18.
Disney Mom's panel has the same response for child friends visiting and grandchildren visiting.
As long as the Adult over 18 can provide proof, they can purchase tickets for children EVEN NON RESIDENTS under 18.

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...buy-discounted-disney-tickets-friends-401741/https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...randchildren-visiting-summer-discount-395399/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter