Florida Resident Tickets for Rental Property Owner (live out of state)

DisIsLife

Earning My Ears
I own rental property in FL. I live out of state. I have mortgage on the rental property. If I show a mortgage statement for the rental property, will I qualify for Florida Resident status/discounts on Annual Passes? This is what is on the Disney page for FL Res requirements without a FL ID:

Proof of Current Mortgage
You may use a monthly mortgage statement from within the past 2 months; it may not be more than 2 months old. Deeds, mortgage contracts, mortgage payment booklets and leases are not accepted.

Anyone have experience with this?

Make sure your mortgage statement has a florida mailing address,though. When I did this, I brought a several items and they only looked at my Verizon bill and my Spectrum bill, and only at the mailing address (to my house here in Florida).
Your mortgage statement is fine, but it has to show it went to a Florida mailing address. I was told that owning property is NOT a residency proof, and they rejected my tax bill (which also went to my Florida home). So owning a house or property isn’t the important thing from what she told me- showing my residency address was what she looked at.

So, what if my mortgage statement is mailed to me out of state, but the mortgage is for a home in Florida? The residency requirement reads like it would be saying I just need to have a mortgage in Florida and doesn't indicate anything about mailing address, but maybe I'm interpreting that incorrectly.

So, what if my mortgage statement is mailed to me out of state, but the mortgage is for a home in Florida? The residency requirement reads like it would be saying I just need to have a mortgage in Florida and doesn't indicate anything about mailing address, but maybe I'm interpreting that incorrectly.

I've got a second home in Orlando, but by driver's license and my bills are sent to Colorado. The only things that get sent to my Florida address are my taxes.

Which was a no-go at both WDW and Universal. I think the driver's license is the key doc.

I've got a second home in Orlando, but by driver's license and my bills are sent to Colorado. The only things that get sent to my Florida address are my taxes.

Which was a no-go at both WDW and Universal. I think the driver's license is the key doc.

Exactly- you have to show RESIDENCY, not ownership. So you need something to show that you live at a residence like mail, if not a drivers license. They would NOT take my tax bill, which was current since we get our tax bills in November in Florida and it was mailed to my Florida address, and wouldn’t even glance at it. But the Verizon and Spectrum bill mailed to my house in Florida was fine.

There are many people who own homes/condos/property in Florida but are not Florida residents. Disney will accept a mortgage statement for your residence but not just as a home you may own. If you can show that it is your actual residence, then you’d be fine.

This was the reply I got from a cast member through an email inquiry when I asked what information they will be looking for on the mortgage statement:

"They will be looking for a residential (property, as you refer to it) address is in Florida. The monthly mortgage statement needs to be dated within the last two months to be accepted as proof of Florida Residency. As long as the residential address is here in Florida, it is okay if you had it mailed somewhere else."

What can you show if you don't have a mortgage? There is no cable or water bill sent to the home cause that is part of the condo dues/HOA pays for it.

Use any utility bill, including cable/internet. It is the easiest, that is all you need.

The website is very clear on this: (from the site)
You’ll need to provide proof of a Florida residential address in order to purchase a Florida Resident park ticket or annual pass. For each ticket or pass purchased for an adult, you may provide any of the following:

• Valid Florida driver’s license (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida-based military ID
*For your convenience, Florida residents with any of the above listed identification can now verify their residency online, which means you can bypass Guest Relations and go straight to the parks! Simply fill out the “Your Florida Resident Information” form upon check-out when you purchase tickets through Disneyworld.com or complete the “Customize Your Tickets” step when you purchase through the My Disney Experience app.

If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then you must provide one of the following—dated within the past 2 months—evidencing a Florida residential address, along with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

Proof of Current Mortgage
You may use a monthly mortgage statement from within the past 2 months; it may not be more than 2 months old. Deeds, mortgage contracts, mortgage payment booklets and leases are not accepted.

Bills, Policies or Registration

• Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
  • Current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill
  • Current Utility bill (power / phone / cable / water)
  • Bills can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Mail

• Mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements
  • Mail from federal, state, county or city government agencies
  • Mail can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address.

Current statements and bills printed from electronic versions are accepted, along with electronic bills provided via smart phones and tablet devices.

Unless they live in the house part of the year.
Snow Birds are indeed FL residents and get the discount. But not land lords.

When I was at the park proving my Florida residency (I had not yet changed my car insurance or driver’s license, due to it being paid for another 6 months), they told me in person that snow birds are NOT Florida residents if they don’t have proof of actually living in Florida. Even if you live in Fl for 3 months, that doesn’t mean actual residency if you live in NJ the rest of the year.

When I was at the park proving my Florida residency (I had not yet changed my car insurance or driver’s license, due to it being paid for another 6 months), they told me in person that snow birds are NOT Florida residents if they don’t have proof of actually living in Florida. Even if you live in Fl for 3 months, that doesn’t mean actual residency if you live in NJ the rest of the year.
Well of course they don't if they don't have any proof. They won't take your word for it. Same goes if you live in FL 12 months of the year. If you have no proof then you don't qualify. No one can get confused about that

But Snow Birds who DO have proof do indeed qualify.

Let's be honest here. You're not a Florida resident. Suck it up and pay for your tickets.

Yeah, I don't know about that. I pay property taxes. I pay an electric and cable bill. I pay landscaping service, pool maintenance, HOA dues and homeowner's insurance. I think I contribute enough to the state's economy to qualify for a slight discount at a place where my tax dollars have gone to subsidize a lot of the infrastructure that makes WDW possible and profitable.

Not a big deal, but I don't think it's great that property holders who are non-residents are so summarily dismissed. After all I don't get to vote in local elections eve though their policies affect me. I knew that when I bought the place and i don't mind, but it does suck to be sort of hand-waved away.

Well of course they don't if they don't have any proof. They won't take your word for it. Same goes if you live in FL 12 months of the year. If you have no proof then you don't qualify. No one can get confused about that

But Snow Birds who DO have proof do indeed qualify.

I have a friend who lives next door to me from December through April. She is certainly a Snowbird. She would like to go at a discount to Walt Disney World with me, but how can she prove it? Yes she rents her house on Airbnb. She has a Michigan drivers license, and no bills at all that come to Florida. So it’s definitely not true that all snowbirds can be admitted to Disney world as a Florida resident, and that is what I am saying. Owning property here, or renting a house during snowbird season is not a Florida resident.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter