Flight of Passage queue: Worth the wait?

I won’t wait 2 hours for any ride, so my vote is no. I have done FOP on fastpass, I would maybe consider 30-45 min. Wait but not more. The land is cool, and we enjoyed the restaurant.

Well, that doesn't really answer the OP's question, since you've never waited in the queue and (as such) can't really comment on whether it's worth it to experience the queue.

My answer depends on a number of different factors, one of them being time of day and another on your party. If you have small children who are not easily occupied and it's in the middle of the day, I wouldn't spend more than 45 minutes in the queue.

However, I've done the FOP queue for an hour and a half before, with friends and friends of our kids friends and we had a blast. Got to experience the entire queue, play games together, check out all the little details. Bonus was that it was at night, so the outside parts of the queue were cooler.

That time, we got in line just as the park was closing, so we also weren't missing out on all the other park stuff. That was another factor that made it worth it. I have trouble controlling my anxiety of being in line while I know in the back of my mind there are all sorts of other rides going on. When you're in line with the park closed, it changes your perspective.

On the subject of fun standby queue lines, we had not done Peter Pan standby for many years and were amazed to discover on a DAH that there is an interior part of the line with fun special effects. Has anyone done FoP on an AK DAH, and if so do you get to see the standby line?

They close it at night for DAH (in my experience) but we did get a nice CM to let us go through it during EMM. We spent a solid 10 minutes in there with literally no one around, playing with all the interactive features, etc. An incredibly cool experience.

We unfortunately didn't have fast passes for it so made the decision to wait the two and half hours. It was great, but definitely not worth the wait. I'd wait an hour, but that's it.

I second the idea of getting in line right before park closing. That's what we did the first time. We were able to see the queue which was neat, but I was sure glad I had a FP on our second trip to Pandora. I doubt I'll even be able to get a FP for six for this Thanksgiving, so the plan again is to ride right at closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter