Flight of Passage queue: Worth the wait?

Joe Arkansas

Mouseketeer
I recently watched a Disney World vlog (Adventures by Jake), where he advocated forgoing a FP+ for Flight of Passage, arguing that experiencing the entire queue was too good to pass up. He stood by this position, even after waiting in line 2+ hours.

I'm curious to other viewpoints on this.

Perhaps a better question to ask is how much time time, ideally, would you spend in the FOP queue?

I'm addicted to the ride so my vote is use a FP when you have one & stand in line when you don't, you'll want to ride multiple times so, yes, get a FP. Ride at opening (currently opening before stated park opening time) and at closing (watch for posted signs if Pandora is closing before stated park closing) to try and reduce wait times.

ETA: I've gotten more than 1 FP on the same day.

It's be far the best ride queue I've ever been in, out of any park..Disney and non Disney. However foregoing a FP and wait 2 hours in the line? No chance.

I'm an AP and go fairly frequently so maybe my outlook is different than someone that goes once every so many years or so..but I wouldn't wait more than about 45 min for any ride.

If you CAN get a FoP FP, then I 100% recommend using it. If not then I would arrive to the park an hour prior to rope drop or ride near park closing. And even with a FP, you'll be seeing majority of the standby line.

The queue is great, but not so great that I'd choose to forgo a FP for the ride. We got in line at 7:41 pm on Friday night (8:00 pm closing time) and waited an hour, and I'd have been willing to wait another hour, but that has nothing to do with the queue (although it is cool!) and everything to do with how great the ride itself is. Also, I'll qualify that I'm only willing to wait two hours for it if I'm not wasting park time doing it (i.e., at park-open when the majority of the waiting is for rope-drop, or park-close when the majority of the waiting is done when I couldn't have done anything else in the park anyway).

When we were there in September it had a 50 minute wait, so we got in line. My max for that ride would be an hour. We really enjoyed the queue, but no way in the world would I wait more than an hour for anything.

I think 1 hour is incredibly reasonable. You pass by so much when you Fastpass the ride, it's actually kind of disappointing. There are three separate areas that are totally worth checking out, as long as the line is moving pretty steadily. A friend and I once Fastpassed it, then decided to try out the 60 minute wait and it was definitely worth it. Theres so much to see, it didn't feel like an hour had gone by at all.

I view it a bit like the Peter Pan queue. There's cool stuff in it and it's worth experiencing, but I'm not waiting in a two-hour line. If the wait is an hour or less, as some others have mentioned, great. If not, then pass.

We waited 2 hours and a few minutes in line for FoP, and the queue was interesting, but not THAT interesting, and I wouldn't wait that long again. The only reason we did it to start with was that it was the last ride of the day when we did all 4 parks in 1 day, it was the ONE thing my 17-yo requested, and when we got in line, it was showing *only* 90 minutes or so. We got in line just before closing but half of the simulators/rooms (?) were down.

I would suggest if you want to wait and see the queue go at park close since the wait will be a little bit lower. Rope drop doesn't always work since they tend to cut off portions of the queue when they first open the ride.

I would suggest if you want to wait and see the queue go at park close since the wait will be a little bit lower. Rope drop doesn't always work since they tend to cut off portions of the queue when they first open the ride.

True! Especially during AM EMH when no one's using FP. You never really know how the line is configured indoors until you get in there. A guy asked me in line one morning if we were close to boarding, the lady in front of us turned around & said 'no.' I then said 'I don't know because we can't see the line configuration from here' in about 25 feet & less than 5 minutes we were in the loading lines because 'the lab' was closed & we were shunted into the FP tunnel & not the snake lines beyond the lab.

Go standby right at end of evening if you can (ideally just a few minutes before park closes). Wait time will be about half of what is posted most likely and you'll get to see the queue while moving through it at a good pace since no more FastPass guests will be coming through. (But also get a FP for it to do it twice!).

Not for me. The ride is great and we experienced the full queue once at a DVC event where we waited less than 45 min, that was about as long as I would wait.

On the subject of fun standby queue lines, we had not done Peter Pan standby for many years and were amazed to discover on a DAH that there is an interior part of the line with fun special effects. Has anyone done FoP on an AK DAH, and if so do you get to see the standby line?

FoP is the best attraction and ride. It's good enough that it was worth the 2 hour wait we did, and we don't regret it. However, if I had a FP I wouldn't spend 2 hours to see a line.

The only advice I can give is: Don't miss the FoP. If you have an FP great and if you don't then do the line. But try to not miss it.

I recently watched a Disney World vlog (Adventures by Jake), where he advocated forgoing a FP+ for Flight of Passage, arguing that experiencing the entire queue was too good to pass up. He stood by this position, even after waiting in line 2+ hours.

I'm curious to other viewpoints on this.

Perhaps a better question to ask is how much time time, ideally, would you spend in the FOP queue?

So, the line still gets to 4 hr+ wait time... So keep that in mind when planning. I would not generally recommend planning to wait in the queue for FoP for a trip. Maybe if you were a passholder and it was one of several visits to the park, but the line risk is huge. Also, you do go through most of the queue anyway with the fast pass line, it just is an empty queue until the merge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!