Flight of Passage queue: Worth the wait?

I've done the 100 minute or so wait a couple times with family going for their first time. It is an interesting queue and the ride is great. That said, I won't wait that long again unless I'm with someone that hasn't experienced it before. If you haven't been, I'd do it, othewise, no.

I can certainly understand where the gentleman was coming from when he said that. I think this all goes back to the "There's no right way or wrong way to do Disney". There are people who love to see every single detail in which Disney has to offer and there are others who just want to ride as many rides as possible and getting their wait times down to a bare minimum. The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy and clearly the vlogger enjoyed himself while waiting in line which can't be said about every Disney attraction.

Waited August 2017 for 2 hours early one evening because our daughter and her boy friend wanted to. We planned the trip within 60 day time frame so no chance getting a fast pass. Have been on it WITH a FP multiple times since then. It’s a great ride but for me not worth waiting in a line without a FP. For me, never ever again. The wait seemed endless and waiting in the cave like area of the line was dark and seemed damp to me. I love walking everywhere in WDW and my everyday life too, just standing for 2 hours, nope.

The standby queue is one of the best lines at WDW. We have waited 90 minutes once.
Now we either RD, do end of the day or FP.
As good as the queue is, I wouldn't wait more than 60 minutes. But I've also seen the entire queue multiple times. If I'd never seen it, yes, it might be worth the wait.

The queue is pretty cool, but it's not worth any extended wait. 45 mins MAYBE.

I rode FoP twice - once with FP and then once through the queue during a DVC Moonlight Magic event. I waited about 45 mins.

I don’t think it’s worth waiting in the regular line just to see the queue.

I was able to do FoP a few times before it opened, but I haven't done it since and probably will never do it again as my FP window is only 7 days. Forty-five minutes is my max wait time, and that's a stretch.

The ride itself is not worth more than 30 minutes for. When we were there yesterdayr they weren't no sending any part of the line through the lab. The lab was completely dark. We rode once standby at rope drop and waited 15 minutes. The. Rode again with a FP and a 10 minute wait. For me the ride is one and done. It was very cool tech but it made me so motion sick I couldn't begin to enjoy it.

I’ve waited in that queue twice for about 100 minutes each. It’s spectacular and worth doing once for anyone who is a fan of good theme park design. Past a 70-80 minute wait, though, the queue is extending out past the core themed areas—which is worth considering.

The solution here is to rope drop or or do it right at closing. Even then, I'm still not sure I'd enjoy it enough to do it instead of a FP. We did 7DMT a couple of times without a FP, and while I enjoyed the interactive queue features, at the end of the day, you are still waiting a loooong time. The queue is there to make the wait less painful, but it is still a wait, and I hate waiting when I could be doing other things at WDW that are much more fun.

I would wait... however I would try and get there right at rope drop or right at the end of the night a minute before the park closes. I wouldnt waste my day in a 2 hour wait that way. Id much rather get up early and wait for rope drop drinking a coffee (did that 3 days in a row when it first opened).

I agree that the queue is worth going through, but it's not worth two hours of going through.

We rode at RD on our first day, and on our second day with a FP. The RD completely bypassed all the cool queue stuff, and was just the FP line.

Then we went again at end of night on our second day. Posted wait was 90 minutes at 7:40 (for 8:00 close), and it was 40 minutes from entering the queue to the first preshow room. Going into the line having been in the dark with the bioluminescence outside was cool, then we went through the whole queue (but the first cave part was mostly a walk through), did the ride, and emerged once more into the bioluminescence of the Pandora night. Of the three times I rode, I enjoyed the third ride by far. The first two rides were great, but felt rushed, while the last ride felt like I was getting the full experience.

That said, I think there's a tipping point where the wait ceases to be an anticipatory time that adds to the ride, and becomes a chore that detracts from it. For me, I'd say that 30-50 minutes is probably the sweet spot that enhances the ride.

The lesson we learned years ago at Disneyland when the Indiana Jones ride first opened was that ques can be fun and worth going through just to see at least once. Back then there were no FP's so everything was just stand in line. We rode it multiple times and thought it was worth it. (we were there for three days). Since the advent of FP our thoughts have changed and we like to get the most rides in we can so when a new ride opens we FP it, but also look for a shorter standby line to see the que at least once. We waited about an hour for FOP in June after it opened in May and felt it was well worth it just to see the que. Imagineers work really hard to make it interesting and give you phot opportunities so it's like I want to see all that effort at least once.

I rode it for the first time, twice, last Wednesday, 12/5. Both times were with FP. I do feel like I missed part of the experience but there is NO WAY I am standing in a line for an hour + if I don't have to, especially since I was traveling with my parents and standing for too long bothers my mom's arthritis.

Now, I am going back in Feb on a solo trip and I plan to do one night of getting in line right before close, since I do really want to experience the whole queue.

I was able to do FoP a few times before it opened, but I haven't done it since and probably will never do it again as my FP window is only 7 days. Forty-five minutes is my max wait time, and that's a stretch.

Don't give up all hope FastPasser! I managed to ride it twice last Wednesday since I was able to get it as a 5th FP for my party of 3 the day of. Just need to keep refreshing.

Just FYI, if you rope drop it, you don't go through the whole queue, or even most of it. So I'd say your best bet is right before close if you do want to see it.

Just remember when you use the standby line you have to deal with craziness to go to the bathroom. I certainly can't manage a 300+ minute wait (kept seeing that in December) without a bathroom break. Fastpass all the way or end of the night. The ride is so worth it.

I initially rode it 3 times during an Oct. 2017 trip with my family -- one rope drop and 2 FP+, so I never got to see the full queue. On a solo trip in 2018 I decided to do the standby wait so I could see the whole queue and because I had the time. The wait time was posted as 2 hours, and the wait was actually a full 2 hours. It was cool to see the whole queue, and I mostly enjoyed the wait, but the last half hour got pretty painful. I'm glad I went through the whole queue once, but I will never wait that long again. My limit for most attractions is about 45 minutes, but I might go up to 60 minutes for FoP.

EH, I don't think the line is all that great. We went through the full line once, 90 minute wait, and I didn't think it was all that special. Seeing the Avatar is kinda neat but not worth standing in the sane spot for 30 minutes to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!