Flight of Passage pre-show question

I don’t have kids so it’s hard for me to imagine what might be scary
LOL.... Don't feel bad, I do have kids, and grands, and still can't figure out what is scary about the FoP preshow or Pirates.
But, kids are funny creatures, they can be bothered by the most obscure things sometimes. They can drive you batty to figure them out :crazy2:

Isn't FP the answer here?
Fastpass skips the visuals in the queue (the lab, the tunnel that's been overgrown, the big loading area) but doesn't skip the pre-show that happens after you've lined up on the ramps (the "decontamination" and matching with an avatar, and the backstory video in the second preshow room before you go into where the ride seats are)

LOL.... Don't feel bad, I do have kids, and grands, and still can't figure out what is scary about the FoP preshow or Pirates.
But, kids are funny creatures, they can be bothered by the most obscure things sometimes. They can drive you batty to figure them out :crazy2:
I got a little nervous as a kid on haunted mansion but it’s supposed to be somewhat spooky. Pirates never scared me but I guess I mostly thought it was all pretty cool

POTC isn't what I'd call "scary" but it does have some dark themes. Haunted Mansion is somewhat more scary, though not too bad. I believe I'd describe it as "macabre" more than anything else.

Fastpass skips the visuals in the queue (the lab, the tunnel that's been overgrown, the big loading area) but doesn't skip the pre-show that happens after you've lined up on the ramps (the "decontamination" and matching with an avatar, and the backstory video in the second preshow room before you go into where the ride seats are)

That was my one disappointment with the FP line. The lab is really good and love seeing the Avatar and you miss that in the FP line. However; not waiting in line for 90+ minutes is probably a good trade off.

My DD loves HM (as long as we bypass the first room) but is terrified of PoTC. I'm not a big fan of it myself, but it doesn't scare me the way she's scared. I tried to ask her what about it was scary, but she couldn't name any particular part of it. I think it's just the overall tone to it. Kids are funny. Pirates are scary but ghosts aren't, lol.

My 17 yr old daughter is terrified of the Finding Nemo ride at Epcot. She has a severe phobia of sharks. You can sometimes see them in the windows as you ride.

My DD loves HM (as long as we bypass the first room) but is terrified of PoTC. I'm not a big fan of it myself, but it doesn't scare me the way she's scared. I tried to ask her what about it was scary, but she couldn't name any particular part of it. I think it's just the overall tone to it. Kids are funny. Pirates are scary but ghosts aren't, lol.

Yup their funny. 4 1/2 year old daughter doesn't blink on POTC but wont even contemplate going on HM. Its the only ride besides SM she hasn't done at MK.

We noticed that in September too. 2 slightly different pre shows. Thought I was nuts the first time. And then we had the time we were boarding (been through both pre-shows) and there was an issue in ride area we were going to, so they exited us and put us in another area and through both pre-show rooms a second time. That was when I was 100% sure that there were differences in the first pre-show.
Some shows are shorter than others as they are getting many groups of people together to watch the actual ride at the same time. It it 5 levels of 16 people watching at the same so I’m surprised there isn’t even more variability in preshow times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter