Flight of Passage pre-show question

So this feels like a stupid question, but how do you skip the stretch room at HM?
Definitely not stupid! I didn’t know how to do it the first time we did HM. DD didn’t want to do HM after that experience, but then I learned we could skip that part. You just tell the CM as you are entering the room that you would like to skip it. They’ll give you a pass and send you out a side door, where you walk around and go into another door right by where the line for the buggies is forming.

I do not think so, we rode this past week and after the shows the ride broke down. We had FastPass and hoped we could just continue our ride to get to our dining time after the wait for the ride to proceed. No one on the ride wanted to restart but the CM said the only way to continue the ride was to start all over again because it could not restart from that position. Not sure if it is true but that is what they told us.

This last trip we rode fop twice and both times a kid got scared/nervous during the preshow. I never thought before how it might seem real or be scary. One kid was super freaked out by the lights flashing and the scanning. He yelled out “what’s happening?!!!” really loudly.

Definitely not stupid! I didn’t know how to do it the first time we did HM. DD didn’t want to do HM after that experience, but then I learned we could skip that part. You just tell the CM as you are entering the room that you would like to skip it. They’ll give you a pass and send you out a side door, where you walk around and go into another door right by where the line for the buggies is forming.

Thanks so much! I didn't even know that was possible. I think my niece will love the ride but I'm worried the hanging body will freak her out so I might test this when I'm by myself to see as an alternative as I love HM!

Thanks so much! I didn't even know that was possible. I think my niece will love the ride but I'm worried the hanging body will freak her out so I might test this when I'm by myself to see as an alternative as I love HM!

Hanging body??? :confused3
Have I missed something all these years???

Hanging body??? :confused3
Have I missed something all these years???
You never saw the hanging body??? During the narration when the Ghost Host says the part about this room has no windows and no doors. Consider this chilling challenge...to find a way out! Then the thunder/lightning effect and as you look up into the cupola you see a body dangling accompanied by a scream (which is enhanced by guests adding their screams.):hmghost:

Lol, remember everything but the hanging body! Maybe I've never looked up all these years!!

I can understand that you never looked up, but that's quite a detail to miss!

It's part of the story that the "Ghost Host" killed himself in that room. When he says "There's always my way...." he is referring to the way out that he came up with - to join the Happy Haunts forever. The crashing sound after is supposed to be the body falling to the floor. That seems pretty dark for a Disney ride, unless you've ridden Pirates of the Caribbean or Mister Toad's Wild Ride of course.

You have to always be watching at Disney - there are details everywhere! :)

I can understand that you never looked up, but that's quite a detail to miss!

It's part of the story that the "Ghost Host" killed himself in that room. When he says "There's always my way...." he is referring to the way out that he came up with - to join the Happy Haunts forever. The crashing sound after is supposed to be the body falling to the floor. That seems pretty dark for a Disney ride, unless you've ridden Pirates of the Caribbean or Mister Toad's Wild Ride of course.

You have to always be watching at Disney - there are details everywhere! :)
What’s dark about pirates?

We always dance and laugh while they are scanning us, it is sort of fun to see our blurry colors image dance around. One time it was stuck scanning for a long time and we started doing the Michael Jackson Thriller dance moves and some other guests joined in.

We always dance and laugh while they are scanning us, it is sort of fun to see our blurry colors image dance around. One time it was stuck scanning for a long time and we started doing the Michael Jackson Thriller dance moves and some other guests joined in.
Dh gets frustrated because he always gets matched up with a girl lol

The pre-show is an alternative to standing in line/doing nothing longer. It's not like the preshow is delaying you from getting on the ride or anything.
Yeah but it still feels long for a pre-show, despite it just being a slightly better way to wait in line. Plus, the actor guy is painful to watch and listen to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter