Flight of Passage pre-show question

ColoradoMom12

DIS Veteran
Probably a strange question but thought someone here might know. Is there a way to skip the two pre-show rooms for FoP? (Like how the first room at HM can be bypassed.) My 7yo DD really, really wants to ride the banshee but gets scared every time we’re in the first pre-show room. It feels too realistic too her. Even though I’ve explained it’s just part of the ride experience and isn’t “really real,” she gets scared and wants to leave before we get to the actual ride, which I know wouldn’t scare her. Does anyone know if it’s possible to bypass this part? DD and I both would be grateful to have a chance to finally experience FoP.

I don’t think so because they’re used as holding spaces for each group. So while one group is riding, another is the second room, and another is in the first. You can always ask, but to skip the rooms you’d skip in front of two groups of people. HM is different because it’s a huge group of people and continually loading buggies.

You can always ask a CM. I'm not sure they can do it, but they usually try for kids. It may depend on if they have an entrance you can actually use to directly access the ride area because each room is always holding a group, so it may not be feasible to have you wait outside of those rooms then move directly into the ride. It can't hurt to ask though.

I think using the magic of Youtube might be in order... I had the same issue with my youngest, only it was the Haunted Mansion. She kept hearing stories from her older sister about how awesome the ride was, and each year, she would commit that "this is the year!!" Alas, each year was the same experience with her imagination taking over and she didn't want to go on the ride.

So we watched several Youtube videos about the ride experience, watching the POVs from various riders, and we talked about the ride. After watching it a zillion times, she no longer found it as intimidating, and at our most recent visit, she went on the ride without any problem.

Perhaps having your daughter do something similar with Flight of Passage - systematic desensitization does work!

I think using the magic of Youtube might be in order... I had the same issue with my youngest, only it was the Haunted Mansion. She kept hearing stories from her older sister about how awesome the ride was, and each year, she would commit that "this is the year!!" Alas, each year was the same experience with her imagination taking over and she didn't want to go on the ride.

So we watched several Youtube videos about the ride experience, watching the POVs from various riders, and we talked about the ride. After watching it a zillion times, she no longer found it as intimidating, and at our most recent visit, she went on the ride without any problem.

Perhaps having your daughter do something similar with Flight of Passage - systematic desensitization does work!
Thanks for the idea. I will talk to her and see if she would be up to watching some YouTube videos with me. Maybe the more we watch, it will feel less intimidating to her. She wants to skip those two rooms entirely, but it sounds like this might not be possible.

I will also try asking a CM the next time we’re there. I meant to do that but forgot while we were there at Thanksgiving. I was just curious if there had been any reports of people who had been able to do this. Thanks for the replies!

Um, I am not, um, sure, um, why you would, um, want to, um, skip the, um, first room, um.

Anyway, good luck to you in watching videos to overcome the fear. As others have stated, I don't think you can skip the preshow in these rooms, as they are holding you there getting ready for the next show. They are registering the number of people in each room on their iPad, so trying to go out of the normal strategy may be tough for some of the cast members. But it never hurts to ask.

Maybe bring small wireless headphones and have your kids put them in and connect to your phone as you are walking into the ride. They can play a game or watch something while waiting and not be engaged with the holding area.

My son refuses to ride it again because of the pre show too lol. He hates when they “scan” you lol
Yes, this scared my daughter! So much that she refused to go into the second pre-show room, and we ended up walking out.

Maybe bring small wireless headphones and have your kids put them in and connect to your phone as you are walking into the ride. They can play a game or watch something while waiting and not be engaged with the holding area.
This is a great idea! Thank you! I think a combination of this and watching videos a few times might work for my daughter. We have until summer so hopefully we can get something figured out by then.

But if you skip the first two pre-shows, how else will you, um, be decontaminated of the micro-parasites you carry on your body?!?!

Interesting you mention this. On our trip earlier this month, we did FOP twice. The first time, we were decontaminated of the parasites. The second time, though, we had a very much abbreviated version of the first pre-show. No decontamination and it was very quick. I didn't realize there was more than one version of the show.

Interesting you mention this. On our trip earlier this month, we did FOP twice. The first time, we were decontaminated of the parasites. The second time, though, we had a very much abbreviated version of the first pre-show. No decontamination and it was very quick. I didn't realize there was more than one version of the show.

We noticed that in September too. 2 slightly different pre shows. Thought I was nuts the first time. And then we had the time we were boarding (been through both pre-shows) and there was an issue in ride area we were going to, so they exited us and put us in another area and through both pre-show rooms a second time. That was when I was 100% sure that there were differences in the first pre-show.

Probably a strange question but thought someone here might know. Is there a way to skip the two pre-show rooms for FoP? (Like how the first room at HM can be bypassed.) My 7yo DD really, really wants to ride the banshee but gets scared every time we’re in the first pre-show room. It feels too realistic too her. Even though I’ve explained it’s just part of the ride experience and isn’t “really real,” she gets scared and wants to leave before we get to the actual ride, which I know wouldn’t scare her. Does anyone know if it’s possible to bypass this part? DD and I both would be grateful to have a chance to finally experience FoP.

So this feels like a stupid question, but how do you skip the stretch room at HM?

We had an experience with a very scared child backing out at the last minute - did both holding rooms fine, but chickened out on the actual ride. Then after walking out of the ride, changed their mind. The CMs were super nice about it, I think because, at least in part, the fear came from a brief malfunction on the ride vehicle. They let us work back in and ride. We had to wait a while, they had to load a room with a couple empty spaces to get open spaces for us. But during the wait, they must have asked at least 8 or 10 times (several different CMs), if we did the entire preshow. We had, so no problem, but I asked why it was so important, and was told that the instructions in it are considered required for safety.

^Right, some preshows have safety information presented which is required before boarding. People used to ask if they can skip the Dinosaur pre-show, and that one's a no due to the safety information presented at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter