Fit for the Fairytale/looking good on "THE" day~beauty & weightloss ongoing chat~

I had the :banana: BEST:banana: day today! The school secretary was behind me coming through from breaktime and she came to my classroom and said "I just have to say, you are looking amazing!" I was so happy! DF can't notice it as he sees me each day, but others notice - I am delighted! It's happening, it's dissolving away, slowly but surely! I hope you're all having as good a day as I am! :):woohoo:

Congratulations! :banana:

So far I have gotten 2 compliments today about looking good and if I have lost any weight!!! Yay....that makes me feel better that other people are starting to notice!!!

Hi girls! Congrats on all of the compliments! :) I know it feels good after hard work. My dh and I are starting the Master Cleanse fast tomorrow (also known as the lemonade diet). We just need a little boost to get us going again..I feel so bad because when I met dh he was living in Ft Lauderdale and was a tan, buff, body builder. I fattened him right up with my southern cooking! The other day I was talking about the VR and he told me that he would start getting more excited as we lost more weight. I feel so bad like its all my fault. But I have always been able to lose weight when I was unhappy, and packed on the pounds when I am happy! I guess that says good things about my marriage, right? Keep up the good work ladies! I know my VR is still 3 yrs away, but I think 3 might go try on gowns in a few weeks just for inspiration!

I have been on and off weight watchers for a few years. I lost a lot of weight back in 2001, then had surgery and gained a bunch back.

At the end of January I decided to focus again on weight watchers. And for lent this year, I decided to give up soda, chocolate, cakes, cookies, etc. I am losing weight so easily this time. I normally avoid fast foods anyway, so giving up junk food, as really got me eating healthier. And now that I don't drink soda, I drink a lot more water. I have lost almost 11 pounds since the end of January.

I don't really exercise much although I try. I quit the gym because I never went and I decided I was going to stop kidding myself about "I'll go next week, etc...". Now I try to find things that I like to do...we bought dance dance revolution for the playstation 2 and my daughter (who is a rail, lol) and I play all the time. Not only am I moving, I am spending time with her. And my DF and I take walks after dinner together when it's nice out. So it doesnt' even feel like I am exercising because I am with him and we are chatting the whole time. I also park farther away from the door at work and take the stairs.

I almost don't want Lent to end!! LOL. I love junk food so that was always very hard for me to stop. But I am hoping that my success so far will motivate me to keep going. I only have about five-ten more that I want to lose and then I just need to keep it off!!! Good Luck to everyone!!

I'm resurrecting this thread because I realized I'm FIFTEEN DAYS OUT. Eek! :scared1: I know that two weeks isn't enough time to have too much of an effect, but I'm trying to eat really well and exercise nonetheless. That way, I can look back and say I did the best I could and know that I looked fabulous (as opposed to slacking off these last two weeks and wondering if I could've "done more").

Both my boss and the lady at David's Bridal the other day said that I was looking quite slim. :woohoo: ! I haven't actually lost any more weight, but I like to pretend that I look more fit than I did when I started several months ago.

How's everyone else doing? Keeping up the good work?? :cheer2:

You are so close! I have a few tips for ya (old pageant days). For 2 weeks before beauty pageants I ate only lean meat, veggies, fruit, and lots of water. It cuts way back on bloating and all of the fruit makes you glow! Just a tip.....Congrats on upcoming wedding!

I'm resurrecting this thread because I realized I'm FIFTEEN DAYS OUT. Eek! :scared1: I know that two weeks isn't enough time to have too much of an effect, but I'm trying to eat really well and exercise nonetheless. That way, I can look back and say I did the best I could and know that I looked fabulous (as opposed to slacking off these last two weeks and wondering if I could've "done more").

Both my boss and the lady at David's Bridal the other day said that I was looking quite slim. :woohoo: ! I haven't actually lost any more weight, but I like to pretend that I look more fit than I did when I started several months ago.

How's everyone else doing? Keeping up the good work?? :cheer2:
Oh wow, it is coming so close!!!! Congrats. :cool1: Good job, I have been trying my very hardest. I always take the stairs, drink at leat 96 oz of water, eat very healthy, go to the gym....but still weigh the same I did 2 weeks ago. I am very frustrated!!! I was very bad and ate ham today. Happy Easter everyone.

I think Easter was a bit rough on all of us! :rolleyes1 I managed to keep it to protein and veggies, like PrettyinTink suggested. Well, it wasn't lean protein exactly (I, too, had some ham), but I was at least more conscientious of what I was putting on my plate. I didn't even have any dessert! :thumbsup2

PoorFriend, I totally hear ya. I've been very good since January (drinking lots of water, taking the stairs, eating more veggies, lifting weights, working out, etc.) and have lost...four pounds. Four pounds in three months! *sighs* I keep telling myself that I'm healthier now than I was over Christmas, and that I have more muscle now or whatever, but it's so frustrating when you don't see the scale move!

Keep up the good work everyone! :cheer2:

PoorFriend, I totally hear ya. I've been very good since January (drinking lots of water, taking the stairs, eating more veggies, lifting weights, working out, etc.) and have lost...four pounds. Four pounds in three months! *sighs* I keep telling myself that I'm healthier now than I was over Christmas, and that I have more muscle now or whatever, but it's so frustrating when you don't see the scale move!

Keep up the good work everyone! :cheer2:
That is it, I am not seeing any muscle, my clothes are not getting looser, etc.....what the heck am I doing wrong. :confused3

ok girls...i totally hear you

ive been working my butt off for over a month & i gained weight:confused:

but i do feel better, so i cant complain...its not just about weight loss...its about health too!!

congrats purplegirl247...thats awesome....15days!!! im so jealous!! have a great time. Im sure you'll look great...it seems we dont notice it ourselves, but people around you see it, so thats a good sign:thumbsup2

dont give up girls!!!

sometimes you go up, just before you drop. so dont stop!!!:banana:

Hi girls! I have been not doing so well. I do great out on the road, when we are home I don't do so well. We are back out on the road now and I am doing ok. I need to exercise more. I need to kick it into high gear! Any ideas for an overworked, stressed out truck driver?

Maybe whenever you stop (either for a break or for the night or whatever), you can take a quick walk. They say that if you are able to work in quick bursts of activity during the day, it's just as effective as working out all at the same time. And maybe lots of healthy snacks? Load up on lots of apples and bananas and stuff like that?

It's funny that you do better on the road. I always have great self control at home (I just don't stock up on snacky foods at the house) but if I'm travelling, I tend to pick up any ol' delicious item and pop it in my mouth!

Keep up the good work!

congratulations to all of you, you all sound like you are doing really well and for those of you who are a bit stuck right now maybe its just your bodies trying to tell you dont need to lose anymore right now.

I like many of you have put on four stones (50ish pounds) since I met my DF almost 8 years ago. we are now planning our DFTW although its not for a while yet but I could do with support now cause I would really like to start looking at dresses in the nest year or so.

I lost alot the first time I went to Weight watchers a few years ago - almost 3 stone - but then put it all back on again the second time I went back I tried and tried spent a lot on my weekly fees but just had no motivation and lost almost nothing.

I have just moved and its great cause I can now walk to work and the shops something I havent been able to do for a long time because of the distance where we lived before and this has given me the motivation to start again. I am going back to Weight Watchers on Thursday and think its a bit of a sign that I didnt notice this thread until today:hippie: .

Any way good luck to you all and keep up the hard work.:flower3:

congratulations to all of you, you all sound like you are doing really well and for those of you who are a bit stuck right now maybe its just your bodies trying to tell you dont need to lose anymore right now.

I like many of you have put on four stones (50ish pounds) since I met my DF almost 8 years ago. we are now planning our DFTW although its not for a while yet but I could do with support now cause I would really like to start looking at dresses in the nest year or so.

I lost alot the first time I went to Weight watchers a few years ago - almost 3 stone - but then put it all back on again the second time I went back I tried and tried spent a lot on my weekly fees but just had no motivation and lost almost nothing.

I have just moved and its great cause I can now walk to work and the shops something I havent been able to do for a long time because of the distance where we lived before and this has given me the motivation to start again. I am going back to Weight Watchers on Thursday and think its a bit of a sign that I didnt notice this thread until today:hippie: .

welcome;

we are here anytime you need us

:hug:

I am going back to Weight Watchers on Thursday and think its a bit of a sign that I didnt notice this thread until today:hippie: .

It's a sign. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes You can lose the weight again. It is good to start early since it is a lifestyle change.

Ok ladies I am upset with myself...I have not posted everyday like I said I was going to. On an upside I have been going back to the gym and getting better at following WW. Easter killed me! Those chocolate bunnies are just too yummy!!!!!

Ok ladies I am upset with myself...I have not posted everyday like I said I was going to. On an upside I have been going back to the gym and getting better at following WW. Easter killed me! Those chocolate bunnies are just too yummy!!!!!

its hard, dont let it get to you

just take the steps forward...going back to the gym is a good start:thumbsup2 good job

ive been going to the gym 5 days a week & havent lost a pound.....but im building muscle
one thing I hate right now is my skin is going thru sweat shock & ive been breaking out....it sucks

btw: you can steal stuff from me anytime;) i wont pull a donald or paris on you & try to trademark anything for money:rotfl2:

time to reserct this thread & keep the weight loss discussion here

& this isnt just for weight loss...its also for beauty and other things.........like..........hair: i just got mine trimmed & who does it feel nice!!
I want to grow it out, but it was looking fried on the ends.

my nails need a little tlc since its coming into sandal season

ive been using the banana boat daily summer glow for a hint of color...so far i like it

Ive been using several creams for my "lovely" forehead wrinkles...i need to stop with all those facial expressions

Ive been looking into those lip treatments,,,,anyone try any??

I just recently got Fekkai's summer hair line & boy does it smell good....cant wait to try it out

and since im eating better, i get all the "fun" that comes with it...like bloat....so i invested in these charcoal supplements to see if they help...ill let you know how it goes

anyone else;)

I have been trying to remember to moisturize, but I keep forgetting!!!! I didn't realize charcoal could help with bloating. Keep us updated if the pills help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter