Fit for the Fairytale/looking good on "THE" day~beauty & weightloss ongoing chat~

myprincessgirlisa

DFTW 12/4/97
Anyone want to get fit for their fairytale wedding/vow renewal??

I do!!

Im not the size I was 10years ago & I want to look darn good on my 10yr anniversary.

Im not gonna make any unrealistic goals, but I want to be in shape & healthy regardless of what pant size I am.

Any DB out there who needs support, tips, encouragement, etc....lets try to do a weekly goal for anyone who wants to be involved to help them with stress, weightloss, overall health,etc..(we're gonna take it slow)

I could use some....I get lazy & a little kick would be good

Starting Monday:
If you want to begin, my 1st advice would be to:
Add 1 more glass of water to your day
If you dont, take a multivitamin
If you work @ a place with stairs, do 1 flight everyday
Do a facial mask sometime this week
Park a little farther away from the entrance & walk
Try to have a side salad with lunch/dinner before you eat the big meal.

Lets hear more, Im interested to hear what some of you have to say

Question: anyone do desk excercises? I need something to do while sitting all day at my desk at work..any ideas??

If this post doesn't take off...oh well, maybe someone will get inspired.
WE CAN ALL DO IT...PAST & PRESENT BRIDES
:cheer2: :yay: :grouphug:

Ive already had my DFTW but ill join in on the fun....

Count me in..
(although my horribly thing with salads is completely smearing them in Ranch dressing... ill have to cut that out i guess..:scared: )

We are planning a DFTW for 08. Im ashamed to say that since weve been together being taken out to dinner too much and too many takeaways has caused me to put on just over 4 stone!!! I am desperate to get back to the size I was for our wedding. I have lost just over a stone since new year and along with what I lost before xmas I have lost a total of 1 stone 10lbs. I have a long way to go but I have really set my mind to it and truly believe I can do it. I have complete respect and support for anyone else that has or is trying to lose weight, its so easy to put it on and so hard to lose it again.

Hi! I've been watching this board for awhile now, but not planning a DFTW (yet!) :rolleyes1 But, I do enjoy living vicariously through all of these other weddings! popcorn:: (and have been dating my boyfriend for almost 3 years, so cross your fingers for me!) Anywho, my point to this reply is, something that one of my co-workers and I started doing (she was getting married), is take 30 minutes out of our lunch to go outside and walk. We work at a major university, so there's tons of sidewalk to follow, but we worked really hard at sticking to it no matter what the weather was (and we live in Michigan..it gets COLD here!) That's what really helped us!

Something that has really helped me is trying to eat fruits when i have a sweet tooth, drink lots of water, exercise regularly, and put small portions on my plate rather than tons of food!!

Good idea about the walking....I need better discipline

Heres another tip for brides to be....

go to the makeup counters at department stores & get free makeovers...& do it during thier gift specials....I got them from estee lauder, lancome, clinique...& I got great deals with lots of freebies & good ideas for makeup on the big day....I think I almost had one makeup item from each counter...:lmao:

It was fun too

Some require appointments

Good idea about the walking....I need better discipline

Heres another tip for brides to be....

go to the makeup counters at department stores & get free makeovers...& do it during thier gift specials....I got them from estee lauder, lancome, clinique...& I got great deals with lots of freebies & good ideas for makeup on the big day....I think I almost had one makeup item from each counter...:lmao:

It was fun too

Some require appointments

For the wedding that I was in this last fall (and for that matter the one the fall prior as well), we actually had our make-up done the day of the wedding at the makeup counter. Getting it done was free, and all they really expect is you to buy something (which most people do for touch-ups through the day). Just an add on tip!

The 30 minute walk each sounds great. I'm going to try my best to work it in. I need a serious boost of confidence. I've only got just over 4 months until the big day, and I can't really stay focused. You would think that trying to fit into your gown would be enough motivation, but apparently it's not working for me.

you can do it.....we all can do it.....

Infact while Im sitting here typing, Im on my balance ball swaying my lower half to music....better than just sitting there & its good for posture...

just incorporate little things & in no time you'll see/feel the effects

remember...healthy bride/not quick to get thin...cause that route only makes you look bad(bags under eyes, pale skin, thinning hair, fatigue.......4 months is plenty of time...YOU CAN DO IT & WE'LL SUPPORT YOU:rotfl:

I want to join. I am wanting to lose a total of 20 pounds before my wedding. Lucky for me I have over a year to lose that weight, but starting slow and turning it into a routine every day will help me lose for the year.

I have started by drinking a glass of hot green tea (no sugar!!!), drinking at least 64 oz a day of water, and going to a dancers workout class once a week every week. I am hoping to bump that up to 2 times a week starting next week. I also want to take the stairs all the time at work but I keep forgetting. :( Thanks for reminding me about the multi-vitamin as I always forget and I just took it after reading this!!!! I am also trying to park a little wys away from the store so I have to walk further (and protect my car!!!)

I'm running one mile three times a week and swimming at least twice a week now - I too gained FOUR stone since meeting DF nearly 6 years ago. I am so worried about my wedding pictures, but have 18 months to get rid of it.

Also, being a teacher, there is always some temptation in our way in the staffroom. I have made sure I have a fruit smoothie for breakfast and a salad for lunch - after only two weeks it has had an impact on my asthma - I have attacks less frequently already!!

rasberry bubbles.....I have asthma too....& the more I work out , the better my lungs feel...so i know what your feeling.

I have my 1st personal training session at Ballys tomorrow. It was free with a pack I got from the mall that had a Discovery Health Channel event.
Curious to see what happens...I also get 8weeks free...better take advantage of it while i can

Has everyone had their 6-8 glasses of water today.....its good for your skin too:goodvibes

rasberry bubbles.....I have asthma too....& the more I work out , the better my lungs feel...so i know what your feeling.

I have my 1st personal training session at Ballys tomorrow. It was free with a pack I got from the mall that had a Discovery Health Channel event.
Curious to see what happens...I also get 8weeks free...better take advantage of it while i can

Has everyone had their 6-8 glasses of water today.....its good for your skin too:goodvibes

I'm glad to have found a fellow asthma sufferer! Yes, I feel much healthier now that I breathe more freely!

Good luck with your PT - I had one when I wanted to get fit years ago, and he was great. I felt completely at ease with him. I think that's what you have to look for in a trainer - there's no point in having someone that you're embarrassed to show your wobbly bits to and say "I want to get rid of this!".

I can't wait to hear how you get on!

Count me in too please!
We are planning a May 2008 wedding at SBP,and I want to, no NEED to lose at least 4 stone (56lb) by then, if not more. I hate the way I look in photos at the moment and I'm not going to look like this in my wedding photos!
I also have 2 more vacations to look forward to - we are cruising the Med this May, then in Nov we are cruising on the Disney Magic, so I am going to set myself 3 target weights -even though I know I will put a bit back on each cruise LOL.
I started dieting last week, and I have also started finally using a couple of Workout DVDs I had last birthday- I don't know about anyone else but I really hate jumping around with an audience - I feel such an idiot, and a fat wobbly idiot at that! perhaps this time next year I will be so slim and fit I won't mind who's watching!
I have lost 6lb this first week and I do at least feel motivated - I am determined to be a size 14 or less ( US 10 ) by next May

It must be the average weight that we gain when we get happy - 4 stone! I've given up trying to "diet" as I know that if I think of it as that then I'll feel depressed automatically :( I'm just trying to exercise more, and eat well 80% of the time and try not to worry about the other 20% of the time ;)

6lbs this week? WELL DONE!!! You sound like you're really making progress! I wish that was me......!

I know how you all feel. I just had my second child and I have about 50lbs to lose before our wedding next May. I am just starting to try to be better. I gave up ice tea and soda and am working on my exercise routine.

I know how you all feel. I just had my second child and I have about 50lbs to lose before our wedding next May. I am just starting to try to be better. I gave up ice tea and soda and am working on my exercise routine.

Oh, I know JUST how you feel - giving up tea here in England is really hard. We seem to use it as a cute for everything in my family. Although I do love green tea, I love black tea with milk even more. I'm trying though - It's just soooooo hard!

Count me in for getting fit for the wedding! Ours is in July, so I'm already counting down the months. I've started using sparkpeople.com (found it on another post), and it's really helpful if you're trying to track what you eat and how often you work out. I've found that knowing I will be recording what I eat really makes me think twice about eating those extra treats when I'm not hungry.

I've also started doing tae-bo twice a week - hoping to lose about 20 pounds before the wedding. We can do it! :yay:

Thanks for starting this post. :)

Count me in for getting fit for the wedding! Ours is in July, so I'm already counting down the months. I've started using sparkpeople.com (found it on another post), and it's really helpful if you're trying to track what you eat and how often you work out. I've found that knowing I will be recording what I eat really makes me think twice about eating those extra treats when I'm not hungry.

I've also started doing tae-bo twice a week - hoping to lose about 20 pounds before the wedding. We can do it! :yay:

Thanks for starting this post. :)

Well done and congratulations! Wow - with Tae-Bo you'll be SUPER fit! I've just been out with my huskies - they're going to become my own personal trainers, ha ha. I'm going to check out that site you recommend too - it sounds ideal!!!

tea drinkers...try green tea ....its supposedly helps in the weight loss process..& if you dont like the taste...they have flavored green teas!!

Its great to hear that you guys are exctied & ready to start.

I was really sore from the balance ball sit ups...so I took a break, but tomorrow...IM READY!!!!

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter