Fit for the Fairytale/looking good on "THE" day~beauty & weightloss ongoing chat~

Ok, I am doing so so bad today. We are having a potluck at work, and way to much tempting food. I will definitely be heading to the gym and running tonight. Anyways, I have to tell you something rather interesting. My trainer told me that Plus size brides and the easiest to work with. Also, sad that ALL of the plus size brides (which aren't too many) he has had, their fiances did not like the new brides. They liked the bigger bride better. I thought this rather interesting.
As for taking care of the rest of me. I kinda slack. I do use Aveno to wash my face everynight. I don't have good fingernails at all, and my hair I have been dealing with for all my life.

Ok, I am doing so so bad today. We are having a potluck at work, and way to much tempting food. I will definitely be heading to the gym and running tonight. Anyways, I have to tell you something rather interesting. My trainer told me that Plus size brides and the easiest to work with. Also, sad that ALL of the plus size brides (which aren't too many) he has had, their fiances did not like the new brides. They liked the bigger bride better. I thought this rather interesting.
As for taking care of the rest of me. I kinda slack. I do use Aveno to wash my face everynight. I don't have good fingernails at all, and my hair I have been dealing with for all my life.

HOLLY
Where have you been??

I think thats VERY interesting about the DFs not liking the "new" look on their brides...do you think it has anything to do with "fat head' syndrom....did they get cocky about how good they looked....wierd

We had free hot dogd, ice cream & chips on wednesday so i know how it tough it can be when your at work & theres LOTS of food, but you can do it...or let it be your "cheat" day!!

For your fingernails...do they break easy or what...have you tried more B vitamins?
& whats wrong with your hair???

for skin care I do a scrub in the shower & astringent when i get out...then I use lotion....ill do a mask every few weeks & i use wrinkle cream every so often, but that seams to clog my pores really bad

I fell off the wagon this week. My Dfi daughters have spent 2 weeks with us and have spent all my time with them and not working out. I have been eating junk food with them as well, so I need to start eating healthy again...when I fall off, I feel so discouraged.

dont be discouraged...weve all been there!!!

you can recover...its summer...your allowed a little funin life...its not all about strict schedules & eating habits....!!!!

keep with us!!!!

HOLLY
Where have you been??

I think thats VERY interesting about the DFs not liking the "new" look on their brides...do you think it has anything to do with "fat head' syndrom....did they get cocky about how good they looked....wierd

I've been out all week with work. And my trainer and my opinion is that the DF likes bigger women. Also, they maybe insecure and if the woman looks better looking she they may leave them. :confused3

I've been out all week with work. And my trainer and my opinion is that the DF likes bigger women. Also, they maybe insecure and if the woman looks better looking she they may leave them. :confused3

i could see that & im sure it does happen....its to bad that they just cant be happy for them....its not just about being skinny, right?

Hope work has been to draining...make sure you have a great, relaxing weekend!!

Thanks for finding this thread, LurkyLoo!

Let's the weight loss begin!!!

My plan:

You On a Diet (whole grains, no trans fats, limited saturated fats, lots of fruits and veggies, very limited sugar, healthy fats, etc)

30 minutes of exercise a night to start

Eventually, once I get on track and stick with it, I'll add in a bit of girlie weight training (the weights range from 1-5 pounds).

Thanks for finding this thread, LurkyLoo!

Let's the weight loss begin!!!

My plan:

You On a Diet (whole grains, no trans fats, limited saturated fats, lots of fruits and veggies, very limited sugar, healthy fats, etc)

30 minutes of exercise a night to start

Eventually, once I get on track and stick with it, I'll add in a bit of girlie weight training (the weights range from 1-5 pounds).

Dr. Oz and Rozen (you on a diet authors) have a work out on their website that doesn't use any weights! You just use your own body. It's a 20 minute workout that includes stretching that you do 3x a week in addition to the walking every day. You can't download it (unless you buy it) so I just bookmarked it and then pull it up on my laptop when I want to do the work out. You can print it out too, but I do better watching someone in action. I tell you what, every time I do the work out... I know it's working b/c I am *SORE*.

:yay: <---- this dude looks like he's doing jumping jacks. lol.

I'm joining in the fun :dance3: I want to lose 10-15 lbs. before our wedding. I really don't want to look back on my wedding photos and wished I had done more work to get into shape. My dress fits me alright, I just feel like it pulls slightly over my stomach and I don't want to worry about that on the big day. I always swear I am going to get into shape, this will be the time that works, blah blah blah but this HAS to be the time I go through with it! DF is trying hard too...he wants to lose 20-30 lbs. and has already dropped 5 :woohoo: so I am trying to be as good as him.

I was good all weekend and then I remembered that on Monday night, I had invited some people over for dinner and they requested one of my most fattening meals - twice baked cheese potatoes, garlic bread, and peanut butter cap'n crunch coated fried chicken pieces. It tasted so good, but not one bit of it was remotely diet approved.

I'm back on the wagon now, though. I packed my breakfast, lunch, and a snack for work and it's all whole grains, fruit, and yogurt. I walked to work and I'm hoping to exercise tonight. I'm having a problem with getting motivated to exercise, but I know it's important and will make losing weight so much easier. It's just hard to work 9 or 10 hours, come home and cook a meal and then exercise. By then, I'm ready to relax a bit. I'll feel better if I get off my butt, though, so that's the plan!

How's everyone else doing?

I don't have the time right now to think about and begin a diet/excercise plan. My semester is almost over and I will begin then and continue over the holidays and stuff. Then ill be in the roll of things for when my semester starts again in the spring and it will be easier to stick to. Good Luck to all of you and i'll be joining in before you know it. :thumbsup2

I've been thinking about all the holidays coming up and it seems impossible to lose weight right now! :(

Thanksgiving is coming up and it will be my first in 7 years as a non-vegetarian. My boyfriend asked if I would make us a traditional meal (we couldn't afford to go back to his parents, even though it was their year for it), so of course I told him no problem.

At the end of the month I'm going to Disneyland for 4 days, and there are no diets at Disneyland!

Then comes Christmas, New Year's, and my 30th! Diets don't exist when you're celebrating. ugh.. I've got to make more of an effort during the days in between all this, just to not gain weight. If I lose anything, it will be a miracle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts