Fish Extender Gifts

it depends on how many people are in your FE group. check out your cruise meet thread and you can see if theres a FE going on in your cruise :)

if you bring food items/candy, you have to pack them in your suitcase. From what I understand, NO food-like things are allowed thru security into the terminal (except for baby formula and special medical stuff) - which is going to make getting my "specially made, meltable" FE gift onto the ship IN JULY very interesting...

They let me take 5 Lbs of M & M's through but they were packaged.

Can some one tell me do you give a gift per day to each person or one gift to each person during the cruise?

Can some one tell me do you give a gift per day to each person or one gift to each person during the cruise?

It's totally up to you. We did 1 gift per cabin during our recent cruise. Some people did 2 gifts per cabin. I don't think we had anyone do a gift every day. Luggage space can be sacred, so it just depends on your own creativity, what you have room for & how many cabins are participating can make a difference too.

It's totally up to you. We did 1 gift per cabin during our recent cruise. Some people did 2 gifts per cabin. I don't think we had anyone do a gift every day. Luggage space can be sacred, so it just depends on your own creativity, what you have room for & how many cabins are participating can make a difference too.

Thank you Haileyboo. I stocked up at Target because I thought it was each day, then got stressed because it way too much stuff to bring!.

Fatima

2009OctFishExtender005.jpg

2009OctFishExtender001.jpg

I made keychains that said "Disney", or "Magic", or the name of our thread. I used pony beads like the boys necklaces...I plan on useing that idea again just a different design.
I gave each cabin a door hanger, a keychain and each child their jewelry. So I did a gift each person!
These are door hangers I made for each 36 cabins.

166.jpg

I made these bracelets with clasps for the girls.

167.jpg

These are necklaces with leather cording I made for the boys...little ones got ones that said Mickey Mouse and anyone over 4/5 got their fav sports team.

168.jpg

We are cruising on December 5's Magic Eastern itinerary. Anyone going with me should stop reading this posting if you don't want to spoil the surprise!

Fair warning....

I am making Minnie Mouse inspired ribbon and button bookmarks. These were so easy to make, except that I quickly ran out of nest-able black and white buttons, and realized I should have also bought a “more masculine looking” ribbon so I could make Mickey bookmarks too (men probably don’t care for polka dots, huh?). As luck would have it, DD9 needed a few more things to finish making her Halloween costume, so off to Wallmart we went, allowing me to get masculine red ribbon and yellow buttons for Mickey bookmarks. I don’t know if the men/boys will use these bookmarks anyway, but they sure are cute as a set! I also grabbed cardstock, as I realized I needed a nice way to package them. I honestly don’t know if any adults will like these, or if they are too childlike, but I originally wanted them to be gifts for the adults.

So here are some of my finished bookmarks (prototype of the packaging is on the left, a bookmark in use is on the right):

DSC_6713.jpg

Here is a close-up:

DSC_6714.jpg

I am very happy with how these turned out, even though I had to make a third trip to the store for more black and white nest-able buttons to finish them up (and this craft was never even part of the plan-LOL!).

It was so much fun for my DDs to help me make these, and I hope I fixed all of the little mistakes that come with allowing a 4-year-old to be in charge of glue!

I am 1 yr 10 mnths and 4 weeks away from my 4th cruise...I have so many ideas for FE's! I wanna start now so that I am relaxing as I make them in case our cruise FE exchange becomes large. This past cruise I had 64 adults, 40 kids.....and I made the gifts so please share I am enjoying seeing how creative all of you are!

Love the BM's! Very creative! Never heard of 'nesting buttons' b4 but they sure work well! I presume you glued them to the ribbon?

Love the BM's! Very creative! Never heard of 'nesting buttons' b4 but they sure work well! I presume you glued them to the ribbon?

I didn't actually buy buttons that were advertised as nesting - I just bought a pack of multiple sizes that I figured I could nest well. Yes, I used fabric glue.

PS - For others with small kids, BM means something totally different at our houses, so if you are new to this thread, BM was short for bookmark in this case :rotfl:

I am so glad you enlightened me because I as wondering....:rotfl2:

I didn't actually buy buttons that were advertised as nesting - I just bought a pack of multiple sizes that I figured I could nest well. Yes, I used fabric glue.

PS - For others with small kids, BM means something totally different at our houses, so if you are new to this thread, BM was short for bookmark in this case :rotfl:

Does anyone have any good ideas for small non-alcoholic gifts for adults?

We plan on burning CD's of our "cruise list" and creating a fun CD case cover for it. Other ideas for adults...those little Burt's Bees for chapped lips (wind and sun on a cruise can cause havoc! :))....travel size sunburn cream relief...a Disney pin....travel dental floss....moleskin (stamp a Mickey Mouse head on it and call it Mouseskin! :) Great for those long walking excursions...tic tacs....chewing gum for the flight home....highlighters so they can highlight their Navigator....sunglass straps....

Okay, I'm running low...if I think of any more I'll post!! :)

Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter